• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Everything seems fine with one exception: Trish does not age. She looks exactly Eva looked when she was killed, so Eva was killed in her 30's.
I don't think we know that... do we? Remember, Trish was probably created somewhere around the time of DMC1, since that's when Mundus sent her to Dante. Could've sent her sooner, but he didn't for some reason. Trish was around the same age as Dante, it seems... and he was 28 then.
I don't know what you mean by ''she looks exactly like Eva looked when she was killed''... Eva was killed when Dante was 8, and there's no mention of Trish already existing at that time.

In any case, Lady still looks like she's thirty to me in DMC4, which would mean she's aged ten years, which would mean DMC4 indeed takes place around ten years after DMC3.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Semi canon DMC4 novel says Dante ages naturally like any human being; it says specifically Trish does not age.
It is said too in " Trinity of Fates", "Sacred Heart" and "DMC Grafic Arts" ( or whatever it's name) , all of the official Capcom art books, that Trish is a" living copy of Dante's mother" ( with these words"), so it's not too stretchy to think she probably looks like Eva did when she died.

PS:now a rumor( a Japanese one): Trish helped Mundus to distract and to weaken Vergil in order to kill him in the end of DMC3.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Semi canon DMC4 novel says Dante ages naturally like any human being; it says specifically Trish does not age.
It is said too in " Trinity of Fates", "Sacred Heart" and "DMC Grafic Arts" ( or whatever it's name) , all of the official Capcom art books, that Trish is a" living copy of Dante's mother" ( with these words"), so it's not too stretchy to think she probably looks like Eva did when she died.

PS:now a rumor( a Japanese one): Trish helped Mundus to distract and to weaken Vergil in order to kill him in the end of DMC3.
Yes, as far as I know, it's established that Dante has at least aged normally so far. Trish was created by Mundus as a facsimile of Eva, yes, so it's possible she doesn't age normally. But we haven't seen any evidence of that yet. After all, she has only existed in the DMC universe for a few years (from Dante's age of 28 to possibly 33).
Anyway, what I said earlier is just what I'm going with, because it at least seems logical.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reading through all the comments and I'm starting to think: wouldn't it be sad if this is just Capcom's cheap way to try regain their financial balance? What if people are putting more hope into the game than they really should? What if it is just a few new Vergil-skins and maybe one or two new cutscenes added(if we're that lucky)? What if there is no true reason to cause hype over this?

It seems like a tag-on. Like instead of possibly infuriating the fanbase by only bringing out DmC DE (especially for everyone who is hard-up against the game) they decided to spike up the DMC4 punch to appease the masses and possibly garner more financial gain?

Please don't burn me for this NT/Capcom.... I'm just sayin'... I'm onto you lot and your sticky marketing gimmicks...

Viper

Premium
Reading through all the comments and I'm starting to think: wouldn't it be sad if this is just Capcom's cheap way to try regain their financial balance? What if people are putting more hope into the game than they really should? What if it is just a few new Vergil-skins and maybe one or two new cutscenes added(if we're that lucky)? What if there is no true reason to cause hype over this?

It seems like a tag-on. Like instead of possibly infuriating the fanbase by only bringing out DmC DE (especially for everyone who is hard-up against the game) they decided to spike up the DMC4 punch to appease the masses and possibly garner more financial gain?

Please don't burn me for this NT/Capcom.... I'm just sayin'... I'm onto you lot and your sticky marketing gimmicks...

You're probably right, not so long ago it was said that Capcom ain't doing so great financially and sprucing up an existing game costs significantly less than making something from scratch, while still bringing in some nice cash.
Still, it's fun to imagine, maybe some of this stuff reaches them somehow and they learn how to make future games better. Or maybe they even get some new little ideas for the special edition. *will forever hope for Dante in swim briefs* XD

If nothing else, at least it's proof the series ain't dead.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel

That's probably a good bet. I mean, they just happened to decide to release DMC4 SE at the same time as the DmC Definitive Edition? And they've got a release date for DmC, but not for DMC4 SE? Yeaaah... I'm suspicious that this is in fact just a little scheme to make more money. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom will only put Vergil in as an alternate skin for Dante's levels.
Sorry if that sounds really pessimistic, but this is Capcom we're talking about. I doubt they just suddenly changed their entire business strategy and started listening to the fans. They've still got the same staff, the ones who wanted DmC and RE6 to sell at shooter levels. The ones who said f*ck you to the ones who asked for Resident Evil to return to survival horror (again, RE6). The ones who retired many of their successful franchises.

But, I'll remain hopeful. This is their chance to finally get back in the right direction. Let's hope they don't mess it up. If they do, I think I'm done with their games.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's exactly what I'm expecting. And I don't expect a whole bunch of Vergil skins or a bunch of new cutscenes for DmC. I expect it to be like DMC3 were there were a few new cutscenes added in and some cool other skins as well.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I mean, they just happened to decide to release DMC4 SE at the same time as the DmC Definitive Edition? And they've got a release date for DmC, but not for DMC4 SE?

Announcing games at the same time does not mean anything. Hell, at the end of the video they tell us that DMC4se will be in summer 2015, whereas DmC-DE- is set for March 17th.

All they are doing is letting people know, but getting one product out before they focus people's "hype" on the next.

And honestly, people only have themselves to blame for getting overlyhyped and then scorned. Take the information you're given and sit on it, don't fall for theories and rumors. Follow hard evidence and remain skeptical. All we know is that Vergil has something to do with DMC4se - stop yourselves there from going overboard until more information comes out. It's literally the best thing you can do for yourself.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I also remember somebody (I think it was Itsuno) saying that DMC4 takes place ''about ten years after DMC3''. Since Dante is 19 in DMC3, it would be logical to assume he is 29 to 33 in DMC4. After all, if he were fifteen years older than he was in DMC3, Itsuno would've simply said 'fifteen years', not 'around ten years'.
I also think Lady's appearance in DMC4 corresponds with Dante's age: she was around 19 in DMC3 too, and in DMC4, she looks to me like she's 30. If Trish ages the same way, I would say she looks like she's 30 too.

Dante's ages in DMC in a row:
DMC1: 28 (''you lost a mother and brother to evil twenty years ago'' - Trish).
DMC2: unknown (but older than in DMC4, since it takes place after it).
DMC3: 19.
DMC4: supposedly 29 to 33.

And Sparda is 2000 years old is he not ? i thought Demons dont age

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Seriously guys?

Before DMC4SE news this forum was more like a depression forum or something. "We won't get another DMC", "DMC is dead", etc etc , and now that we actually have some good news to be hyped for, you guys wanna kill that as well?

FOR GOD"S SAKE TRY TO BE HAPPY FOR A SECOND!!!

Seriously, we are getting a special edition for a seven year old game, and instead of getting hyped for a possible return of Devil May Cry, you guys are trying to kill your hopes? AGAIN?

Come on guys.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Seriously guys?

Before DMC4SE news this forum was more like a depression forum or something. "We won't get another DMC", "DMC is dead", etc etc , and now that we actually have some good news to be hyped for, you guys wanna kill that as well?

FOR GOD"S SAKE TRY TO BE HAPPY FOR A SECOND!!!

Seriously, we are getting a special edition for a seven year old game, and instead of getting hyped for a possible return of Devil May Cry, you guys are trying to kill your hopes? AGAIN?

Come on guys.
Well said friend. this game has just brought hope that the franchise is still alive and Capcom still considers it important. im even happy for the definitive addition anything Devil May Cry is worth being happy about, which is what this community is basically for :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Well, that's what I am hoping to be wrong about, but I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't put it past Capcom.

If its just Vergil taped on to that same crap from 2008, then that would be just sad but I wouldn't be surprised.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Well, that's what I am hoping to be wrong about, but I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't put it past Capcom.

If its just Vergil taped on to that same crap from 2008, then that would be just sad but I wouldn't be surprised.

Capcom has made quite a few crappy decisions (cough, Megaman).

They also made the crappy decision of DMC2. However, look at what they did with DMC2. They listened to fan feedback and came back with an amazing game. I would assume also that they are behind DmC: DE, not just NT, and they pushed to get those additions in. They listen to fans so it means that care somewhat. I highly doubt that he would just be a skin for Dante, and if he was, I'd been sincerely surprised.

On another note...

My personal opinion on the matter is that we should be excited and expect something good, while also keep realistic expectations. A playable version of Vergil that is more than a skin (with his own styles, etc), some more modes, maybe an extra cutscene or two, and tweaking of certain game elements. I wouldn't say it's beyond possible for them to fix other things (give Nero more weapons, give Dante unique bossfights) if there were some leftover assets from the original production that they can polish up and finish or to give Vergil a small, unique campaign (a la Vergil's Downfall).

If Capcom really wants people to be happy though, they really should redo the second half of the game and give Dante his own unique campaign, explain things regarding Nero, and tying Vergil in with the DMC4 plot. This is likely stuff they'll save for a DMC5 (which is frankly a possibility in my opinion, and this re-release is to pump some funds into that project and create brand awareness).

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If they're still releasing content for Devil May Cry then it's obvious they aren't finished with the franchise, I'm still hoping for a DMC5. But I guess these re-releases were what Capcom meant by more DMC in 2015.

In terms of what's coming with DMC4: SE it's likely just gonna be Vergil as a playable character in a few bonus missions and in Bloody Palace with a few new costumes for all since the only alternate costumes in DMC4 were the Super Dante/Nero.
There's no point in balancing the mechanics cause the gameplay of DMC4 is perfect as is.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm expecting (key word EXPECTING) more from this than DmC DE is because this is a SPECIAL EDITION. Special Editions tend to be more...SPECIAL.

DE is basically just the same game but looks better and if were lucky plays better but I do have to give Capcom/NT credit the DmC DE looks way better than most remastered/definitive editions as of late. New modes, faster and better gameplay, new original content (costumes, extra cutscenes), added gameplay features, and completely rebalanced gameplay.

Now that is bang for your buck even if you already bought the original. I recommend getting DmC DE if you own a next gen console or want to get one. I actually would get it if my financial situation was a bit better...its complicated.

Now for DMC4 SE....I'm expecting quite a bit for this game.

bobek388

Bobek388
I don't care about any skins, I don't want no playable levels for vergil. All I want to see in this edition is a cutscene or 2 at the end of the game where vergil would come back to life and the connection between vergil and nero would be explained. Then in my opinion vergil should go on his own way with the goal of gaining power, that's when the game should end with an open ending for a sequel about vergil's story.

Top Bottom