• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
???
Doesn't work that way for me. It fills at a constant rate. What version are you playing ?

Hmmm how do you unlock the EX costumes again?
You unlock EX costumes by completing the campaign (I think you also have to kill a certain number of demons in the epilogue)

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Curious it doesn't work like that for me. I saw that on a stream so I tried doing it myself. But nope. Doesn't work... still fills slow.
It worked in the stream too? Lol. Your game be brokeded.

So, I've pretty much played with all five characters to death now, so these are my final thoughts:

1-Nero. I'm absolutely terrible with Nero. He's just too sluggish for me, his inputs are weird, and the temptation to use Buster is practically constant. Worst of all...I can't do Max-Act worth a damn. I've pretty much mastered every other timing based skill with every other character, from built in to cancels, but I just can't pull off Max-Act with consistency. Might have to do with the fact that it's set to the L2 trigger - maybe feels too springy? I'm thinking if I switch L2 with O, it'll be a single stone situation. Doesn't change the fact that I still don't like Nero.

2-Dante. Massive improvement, but like most people complain about, he's just a little bit too complicated. Just has way too many options mapped all over the controller. That said, if I stick with just two weapons and two styles and nothing else, I'm good.

3-Vergil. This dude's always been my go to character, in both DMC3 and DmC. So it's no surprise I quickly mastered him here too. He's not my favorite, but he's what you'd call my main. Aerial snap Judgment Cuts are a breeze, and the sheer amount of cancels you can pull in combination with Beowulf is staggering. That said....I found myself almost never using Force Edge, ever. To me, it just doesn't fit his fighting style - too aggressive, not precise enough.

4-Lady. Hilariously broken. There's literally no enemy she can't carve through, and most bosses are a joke. That said, Lady does harken me back to a time long gone from DMC - practical and efficient gameplay. While she does have combo potential, I just can't pull it off worth a damn. Instead, I constantly found myself dancing around the enemies and bosses and and attacking with as much efficiency as possible, rather than trying to pull off combos a' crazy. That I kind of like, but it's also probably why everything felt too easy. It feels to me like trying to pull off her combos leaves her a whole lot more helpless than any other character.

5-Trish. This is probably my favorite one to play as, simply because of the sheer amount of chaos you can cause on the field. Virtually all of her base attacks are meant to immobilize and bunch up enemies - essentially buttering them up for a Round Trip. Which takes that whole concept to whole new levels - the end result, a whole lot of enemies completely helpless with the screen flashing so much it'll give you a seizure. Her combos, technics and cancels are extraordinarily easy to pull off to boot, making her the perfect entry point character - far more than Nero. Which really makes me wonder why they gave her Dante's missions, which are the tail end... Still, she's very much a guilty pleasure. Not to mention, she can extract more red orbs from those giant crystals than any other character - simply because she deals more hits-per-second than any other. So, red orb farming galore with her, if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I think you might be getting a little too many Red Orbs in SE. I stacked 30 Holy Waters already.

Top Bottom