• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Well, since I played all the new characters for a pretty long time, I'm gonna give my short opinion on them.

Vergil - Turned out to be a lot less overpowered than I thought he's going to be. Sure, he's still very strong but the Concentration gain seems to be lower than in the preview videos and Judgment Cut End is not as powerful as it seemed. His moves are great both in terms of single target damage and area of effect. Distorted Dragon Breaker deals pretty hilarious damage (I hit the Savior for about 60% of his hp and it probably wasn't a perfect distortion either.). His only weakness seem to be enemies with shields such as Angelo Credo, Bianco Angelo and the Alto Angelo. Hitting their shield massively disrupts Vergil's concentration, which results in less damage dealt which you need to get through said shields. Overall, he's a ton of fun to play and seems not as overpowered as it first looked.

Lady - Probably the most broken out of the three. I managed to one shot Dante by just using Burst Attack. She's pretty fun to play with, but some of her moves feel not useful in practice. Like, how many times did you manage to fully charge Kalina Ann in combat? Multiple's also kind of hard to aim with. The Kalina Ann pull move would also be better if it pulled enemies to you instead of throwing them into the air. Concluding, she's a fun character, but I think she has a little too few moves.

Trish - Ridiculous area damage. I've had some trouble with actual bosses since I didn't find a way to deal a lot of damage except Lunar Phase JC Lunar Phase. She's super fun to play, especially on LDK.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Gotta add to this - Lady's shotgun punches right through an Angelo's shield if you're up close. Hilariously broken - makes some of the toughest enemies in the game into creampuffs.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Wajpa having Kalina Ann pulling enemies to you wouldn't make sense as Lady is supposed to be a ranged character.

And yeah surprisingly she seems the most OP instead of Vergil, probably to make up for her relative lack of moves. Her shotgun rulez.

Vergil is not really that OP as previews made him up to be. His distortion, as far as I could notice is more powerful than Dante's though. I could be wrong, I need to test it on DMD.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
@Wajpa having Kalina Ann pulling enemies to you wouldn't make sense as Lady is supposed to be a ranged character.
bayonett pulls enemy in + Shotgun stinger/blowback + dual gun barrage "make it rain" + bombs to finish it off = S combo.

They should at least give the option to pull them in. I thought Devil May Cry was all about taking chances in the name of stylishness. :/

Khundy

Berserker

And yeah surprisingly she seems the most OP instead of Vergil, probably to make up for her relative lack of moves. Her shotgun rulez.

Vergil is not really that OP as previews made him up to be. His distortion, as far as I could notice is more powerful than Dante's though. I could be wrong, I need to test it on DMD.
True about lady, but in DMC3 it did pull when Dante was using Kalina

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
True about lady, but in DMC3 it did pull when Dante was using Kalina

Yeah but Dante was not meant to be a ranged character.

@DragonMaster2010
Bayonett launches enemy + dual gun barrage with explosion + Bayonett slam + drawback grenade throw + taunt while waiting for grenades to blow + enemy explodes. So? She can still do stylish stuff without a "Snatch". Having that would get her closer to a CQC character, which is not the point of playing as her. She's supposed to play completely different from the other guys. She has to have things that the others don't have and she also doesn't have to have things the others have. Wow the convolution of that phrase.

The Good Gentleman

One thing I gotta say about the imported version: It's got the single worst opening theme of all time. :/ Why they got rid of Never Surrender, I'll never get...

Khundy

Berserker
I can't find the full opening because both youtube and capcom actively cockblock it, but this is the song anyway:
Thats been in the japanese version since Vanilla but I Remeber it only played during the download screen. HEHE I like it, I'm a Jrock fan. DMC always have very awesome music in my opinion but its a "Japanese game" I'm suprised they never actually had Japanese dubs in the past games.

Last edited:

The Good Gentleman

I'm already noticing a design flaw from the development side - the higher the concentration gauge is, the slower it should take to fill, not faster. At this rate, knock an enemy down with Lunar Phase, and stand next to them locked on for about two seconds and the gauge fills completely.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
I'm already noticing a design flaw from the development side - the higher the concentration gauge is, the slower it should take to fill, not faster. At this rate, knock an enemy down with Lunar Phase, and stand next to them locked on for about two seconds and the gauge fills completely.

That's why Capcom should have taken their time to fix issues in the first place...dammit no matter what this game is still broken.

Top Bottom