• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEVIL MAY CRY 4-S RANKING JOURNEY

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Ya would have been badass in dmc3 but the weapons and moves available make up for it

True enough cant wait to play as vergil again:) and i admitt im a lil excited to play as dmc3 dante as E&I do considerable more damage in dmc3 then in dmc4

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Lol, Overdrive is one of my staple moves. It's great for scattering large groups of enemies.

I'm glad I already beat the same in SOS and DMD mode; now all I have to work on are those rankings. I'm currently going through Hell and Hell mode, as well. I'm up against Sanctus in Mission 11, so it should be interesting. :p I wonder how many continues I'll suffer through before I beat him...lol.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Lol, Overdrive is one of my staple moves. It's great for scattering large groups of enemies.

I'm glad I already beat the same in SOS and DMD mode; now all I have to work on are those rankings. I'm currently going through Hell and Hell mode, as well. I'm up against Sanctus in Mission 11, so it should be interesting. :p I wonder how many continues I'll suffer through before I beat him...lol.

Honestly with sanctus for mission 11 dodge his attacks make sure your exceed gauge is as full as possible to do the most damage on his sheild then when you do your attacks once hes on the ground do the mostt damage possible by switching to dt and out of it and use charge shot three then hit him up and jump with him buster in the air with in dt to do the most damage possible then when he flies into the statue buster the statue fist then do another combo then do another shield break dodge his attacks wait for him to go back in the statue rinse and repeat

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All that volpe says works I'd advise snatching up d jumping above his shield then shuffle him up when it breaks snatch and caliber him then use splitter when on ground charge shot DT buster him turn off DT once u grab him and u will stay in the animation ten mash shoot as you attack him to hit him with summoned swords back off when he floats to put up his shield jump up and DT next to him and attack again and buster with DT etc this will take 60-65 over cent of his health ten buster the saviors fist and repeat

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
[quono vOLPE, post: 529172, member: 25981"]liked it so much had to post it twice lol[/quote]

Ha no the weather is brutal and its effecting my phone coverage so it takes ages to post and I try repeatedly and they all show up then lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Ha no the weather is brutal and its effecting my phone coverage so it takes ages to post and I try repeatedly and they all show up then lol[/quote]

LOL yah our weather isnt much better but im fine with a brutal december winter so long as i get spring in march
All that volpe says works I'd advise snatching up d jumping above his shield then shuffle him up when it breaks snatch and caliber him then use splitter when on ground charge shot DT buster him turn off DT once u grab him and u will stay in the animation ten mash shoot as you attack him to hit him with summoned swords back off when he floats to put up his shield jump up and DT next to him and attack again and buster with DT etc this will take 60-65 over cent of his health ten buster the saviors fist and repeat

bustering the saviours fist is key for beating him as it saves you from wasting time chasing him around and trying to make him fall because after he goes in the statue the first time hes near impossible to catch unless you buster the fist also on hell or hell it means so long as you break his sheild and avoid his attacks your style rank will stay the same so if you have an s at that time if your smart you can keep it or bring it to a triple

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Thanks guys, I will.

Lol, first thing's first; time to bring all my missions in SOS mode up to an S. XD

Then I'll worry about Hell and Hell mode....or, you know, go back and forth between missions in both modes. :p I have a tendency of doing that when I want to break up the monotony of doing the same stuff over and over.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Thanks guys, I will.

Lol, first thing's first; time to bring all my missions in SOS mode up to an S. XD

Then I'll worry about Hell and Hell mode....or, you know, go back and forth between missions in both modes. :p I have a tendency of doing that when I want to break up the monotony of doing the same stuff over and over.

Good luck were rootin for ya:) embrace the devil inside!!!!

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Soooo yesterday i finished hell and hell mode on dmc4 and got the throne of glory achievement for completing all the modes and the proud orb millionare :) atm i am going through heaven and hell with super nero/dante for beating any diffuculty with a super character(figured that since im not gunna s rank that mode anyway id use a super character) im also working towards the 10,000 enemies killed i really wish i knew how many i have now. hell and hell was pretty challenging for me i had myself finding shortcuts and small ways to cheat the game and beat certain enemies quickly to avoid getting hit i will say that after playing hell and hell i am an accomplised dmc4 player and the only thing left to do now is to learn jcing and infinte comboing. i will say this on mission 20 for hell and hell i wrecked sanctus lol like compeltely and utterly made him look stupid..i found his sheild easier to break then in dmd mode which is odd but no complaints :p

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well done dude and good luck with the rest of the dmd's and learning to JC keep in touch and I help you as best as I can with learning t JC with Nero as you prefer him

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well done dude and good luck with the rest of the dmd's and learning to JC keep in touch and I help you as best as I can with learning t JC with Nero as you prefer him

I Actually want to learn to jc with dante more then nero as i dont feel i need to jc with nero as im better with him on the ground but to make up for the buster ahnd charge shot 3 i do want to push my skills with dante higher hey quick question hell and hell mode why was sanctus sheild so easy to break???? i was able to s rank that fight lol i wish i woulda recorded it it was epic his last attack was that flying stab move and i blocked it with buster right after using devil trigger and took the rest of his health lol so yah he was easier in hell and hell then in dmd sheild wise cuz in dmd i had to have my exceed guage full each time i went to attack

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Hell and hell enemy health and difficulty is only son of sparda mode so it takes less damage to break the shield and Dante's JC i s super complicated so do it one move at a time first learn to comfortably devil arm switch and double switch while enemy stepping do 3 hits of rebellion air rave switch to dark slayer 1 hit of yamato enemyy step them switch back to swordmaster and switch to Gilgamesh dive kick and enemy step switch to Lucifer do two spinning moves and go back to rebellion or yamato and continue this is an easy JC combo to start out on master that and start switching faster and more frequent as you get better after that you can move onto star raves and side raves buffering guard flying and teleoorting togetjer to bounce around nd teleport around in all directions fast and reverse raves stinger shotgun slide buffer and other buffers royal guarding and attacking together at the same time Lucifer explosion cancels and more without a PC it will take a long long time but its worth it

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hell and hell difficulty is only son of sparda mode so ittakes less damage to break the shield and Dante's JC i s super complicated so do it one move at a time first learn to comfortably devil arm switch and double switch while enemy stepping do 3 hits of rebellion air rave switch to dark slayer 1 hit of yamato any step them switch back to swordmaster and switch to Gilgamesh dive kick any step switch to Lucifer do two spinning moves and go back to rebellion or yamato and continue this is an easy JC combo to start out on master that and start switching faster and more frequent as yo get better after that yo can move onto star raves buffering guard flying reverse raves stinger shotgun slide buffer royal guarding and attacking together at the same time Lucifer explosion cancels and more without a PC it will take a long long time but its worth it

I plan to take dante into bloody palace and practice as it will help get me the 10,000 kills achievement and help with the switching i plan on first doing the swordmaster to darkslayer switch back and forth then ill extend it to swordmaster rebellion + darkslayer yamato +gilgamesh + and then back to swordmaster and then ill bring in lucifer lol i know it will take a bit but itll be fun to try it out and i figured that much lol figured out an even easier way to screw around with berial lol made me laugh so hard

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Have fun with star raves and side raves ha switching between trickster and aerial rave mid enemy step as you have to sky star and aerial rave really fast so you don't drop the timing is insane and it will cause a lot of cramping in the hand when you start to learn it guard flying is as bad as you have to Royal release on impact after an attack etc to bounce off and control the bounce wit the analog but with teleport you can move all around the area its badass

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Have fun with star raves and side raves ha switching between trickster and aerial rave mid enemy step as you have to sky star and aerial rave really fast so you don't drop the timing is insane and it will cause a lot of cramping in the hand when you start to learn it guard flying is as bad as you have to Royal release on impact after an attack etc to bounce off and control the bounce wit the analog but with teleport you can move all around the area its badass

Yah im gunna have to change my dante controls right the hell around lol to do most of what i have planned

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You will find such a difference when yo go from dmc3 and dmc4 to dmc1 its limiting but such a great game and DMD is very tough and dmc2 is super fun once you beat it on dmd use a super Dante get to red health and ten infinite majin form to wreck with

Top Bottom