• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEVIL MAY CRY 4-S RANKING JOURNEY

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If u practice the max exceeding with a sword attack you can get level 3 straight away it takes getting used to anyway good luck to you

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
So the same method you use for mission 11 is the same you should use for 20 however instead of the statue you should use the buster when he flies at you to stab you check out youtube for a full video

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It looks like I've gotta keep practicing. No matter how well I do so far, it just hasn't been good enough. I essentially know what it will take to get the S rank: provided I get two S's and an A (at the very least) I should receive an S on that mission.

I can plan it out in my head perfectly, but planning and doing are two different things. ^^; I'll definitely need to watch some video tutorials; maybe once I see it done, I'll have an easier time pulling it off.

Thanks for the input, guys.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It looks like I've gotta keep practicing. No matter how well I do so far, it just hasn't been good enough. I essentially know what it will take to get the S rank: provided I get two S's and an A (at the very least) I should receive an S on that mission.

I can plan it out in my head perfectly, but planning and doing are two different things. ^^; I'll definitely need to watch some video tutorials; maybe once I see it done, I'll have an easier time pulling it off.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Np and yah you need to do it in under 7 mins i believe and your style points need to be 6000 plus to 8000 between those two for devil hunter

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I finally did it!

Admittedly, just barely. I have an A for my Clear time (4:14), an A for my Stylish points (a mere 5285) and of course an S on orbs, since there aren't any.

But somehow, I finally got the damn S rank I was after. :) I have this feeling I'll have an easier time achieving this in SOS mode. XD

Anyway, thanks for all the advice, guys. I must have been in rare form tonight, but something told me to give it another try...and it paid off.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Thanks, I'll be sure to (though I seriously doubt I'll get all S's in DMD mode. Passing it is one thing-getting that particular achievement is another, lol).

I also don't see me getting an S for Bloody Palace, either. I cleared it, in which the last battle made me laugh. Every 20 stages or so, it gets more and more ominous...and then you fight the doppelganger in this bright, flowery area. XD

By the time I was done (I think it took me about two hours) my hands were cramping something fierce. Who knows? Maybe I'll give it another shot.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Thanks, I'll be sure to (though I seriously doubt I'll get all S's in DMD mode. Passing it is one thing-getting that particular achievement is another, lol).

I also don't see me getting an S for Bloody Palace, either. I cleared it, in which the last battle made me laugh. Every 20 stages or so, it gets more and more ominous...and then you fight the doppelganger in this bright, flowery area. XD

By the time I was done (I think it took me about two hours) my hands were cramping something fierce. Who knows? Maybe I'll give it another shot.

lol i thought i wouldnt s rank bloody palace when i did my first run through but i suprised myself by the end when it came up i was like "what"..."hmmm" "okay lol" and sos and dmd are a lot easier to s rank as enemies can take more damage which means more combos and more style points so if you need any help ef9 oshea and i are here i say both cuz hell give you the advanced way and ill give you some basic tips and shortcuts to help out

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I finally did it!

Admittedly, just barely. I have an A for my Clear time (4:14), an A for my Stylish points (a mere 5285) and of course an S on orbs, since there aren't any.

But somehow, I finally got the damn S rank I was after. :) I have this feeling I'll have an easier time achieving this in SOS mode. XD

Anyway, thanks for all the advice, guys. I must have been in rare form tonight, but something told me to give it another try...and it paid off.

congrats trust me it gets easier soon youll be able to triple s that fight

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yeah, I had a feeling S's are easier to get on harder modes. I actually see myself having more trouble with Human mode for that. But, there are Missions that will likely give me trouble, still. ^^; Missions 11 and 20 are the only ones that make me mad enough that I consider chucking my controller at the t.v.-not that I will, of course. :p

And thanks! Any time I'm stuck, I'll be sure to talk to you guys. :)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If you wanna learn advanced JC for Dante or Nero pm me if you want to learn advanced tips without the complexity of jc'ing then pm volpe he has plenty of easy to learn but effective movesets

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Will do! I do a lot of "on the fly" combo-ing, but there are a few pre-planned ones I do during specific missions. :) It sounds like I could benefit from having a few more.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
If you wanna learn advanced JC for Dante or Nero pm me if you want to learn advanced tips without the complexity of jc'ing then pm volpe he has plenty of easy to learn but effective movesets

Awww thanks for the shout out oshea lol that means a lot(no sarcasim meant at all lets not do that again lol) seriously though i appreciate the compliment but yah rebel any hel you need look us up and maybe i can post a vid for you for missions 11 and 20 there quite easy once you get the hang of sanctus

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah, I had a feeling S's are easier to get on harder modes. I actually see myself having more trouble with Human mode for that. But, there are Missions that will likely give me trouble, still. ^^; Missions 11 and 20 are the only ones that make me mad enough that I consider chucking my controller at the t.v.-not that I will, of course. :p

And thanks! Any time I'm stuck, I'll be sure to talk to you guys. :)

Will do! I do a lot of "on the fly" combo-ing, but there are a few pre-planned ones I do during specific missions. :) It sounds like I could benefit from having a few more.

You can always do with some pre planned combos in your roster :) youtube and this site will be your best friend for that also while the harder levels are easier to s rank the enemy levels will be tougher and they will be smarter make sure to know certain enemies weaknessess check out my dmc4 hints and tricks thread for those weaknessess or pm me and ill post a vid for mission 11 and 20 trust me there is a method to the madness

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
And o shea knows everything there is to know about jcing and royal guard and just making the game look soooo easy so for the advanced stuff pm him he has taught me a lot about dmc4 distorted real impact is your friend lol

Top Bottom