• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead rising.

Good survival horror?

• Yes, I loved surviving against the horde.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No lame.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
biohazardmaster;155770 said:
well u see in my opinion(exclusively my opinion) the ps3 have much more comfortable controls than the xbox360 and i am a long time playstation player so i am used to these controls and making it on ps3 would make the game much better from the control side and which would consequently make it better and more enjoyable for me =]

Understandable.

But from my personal point of view, I was also raised with the playstation as my main console; and therefore the controller is also easy to use for me :) When I got my 360, the controller didn't feel like it had much weight or that it was clunky at all. I easily adapted to using it, all in due time. At first, your hands may not be use to it; but more than likely it's something you could possibly adapt to. Hence, making playing 360 games with the controller an enjoyable experience.

Anyway, as this is not a topic about consoles or controllers; I'll resume to the actual topic at hand. I never did complete the game, and I don't actually own it myself. My sister does own it, but I have no save for it :) Each time, I start from the beginning :) I borrow the game occasionally, to play now and then and kill a few zombies.

It's not a scary game at all, as mentioned by others. I suppose this can be a big put off, for those who prefer more scarier survival games (Such as Silent Hill .etc.) But it's an enjoyable game nonetheless, that I thought was entertaining. It's not the best survival game in the World, but nor is it the worst (I would imagine)

Dark Drakan

Admin
biohazardmaster;155772 said:
^ :lol: its because u havent played it in a while as for me it is tough to adapt to any controller other than the playstation because ive been playing exclusively sony consoles for about 10yrs now yes 10 yrs i am a playstation player since the good old days of psx

I would happily play on it if i was interested in some games but as theres only about 3 that have my interest id rather save my cash. My PS2 hasnt been used in years, gave them both to my sisters to use as DVD players as they were taking up desk space. I too was a Playstation player (preordered PS and PS2 and got them early) also played N64 at same time which i actually started to prefer at the time. Even my Amiga (which i still never forgave dad for selling) got more play than my Playstation did at first. However i had 2 playstations and 2 playstations 2's for link play and also because the lasers both broke in both models.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I thought Dead Rising was a great game, the save system got me frustrated at times though. Still a really fun game to play, I highly recommend all 360 owners give it a try.

Sparda™

Sorry, but I heard someone saying 'Resident Evil sucks'...

Now that person needs to throw himself out of the window.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Relatively good game, but like Dark Drakan, I prefer FPS Zombie games myself, so Left 4 Dead is more my kind of thing, anyway, Dead Rising's difficulty curve is like running head long into a brick wall...

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Dark Drakan;155771 said:
Whatever happened to the gamers of the generation i grew up in? People who didnt fight over or hate on other consoles but enjoyed them all as true gamers.
They are playing Faxanadu, Resident Evil 2, and Sonic The Hedgehog, and enjoying themselves, instead of wasting their time with fanboys/girls. :D ....Now I wanna play Faxanadu again :lol:

Sparda™;156051 said:

Agreed. Resident Evil, specificly Resident evil 2, was the game series that got me into PS in the first place. To do anything but praise the series would be pure idiocy.

Anyway I feel that dead rising is a great game. Slaughtering zombies with anything and everything was, no, IS a great idea and I'm glad they made the game.

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
Sparda™;156051 said:

I Agreed:D I think Resident Evil have a great experience in survival horror games:)

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Da3dra;156158 said:
They are playing Faxanadu, Resident Evil 2, and Sonic The Hedgehog, and enjoying themselves,

I must have missed that part then because i dont play any of them. :lol:

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i love dead rising as i love the unique ways of killing the zombies and the fact that u dont have to play the game at all :D

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Dark Drakan;156220 said:
I must have missed that part then because i dont play any of them. :lol:

I tried covering a few older systems SNES, PS, SEGA and games I have played.

maybe if I had said Syndicate for the Commodore 64? :lol:

Wickse;156221 said:
i love dead rising as i love the unique ways of killing the zombies and the fact that u dont have to play the game at all :D
I know!!! Sometimes I wonder why they even added the storyline. Murdering tons of zombies is almost non-stop fun. :lol:

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
i really wish i ownedthis game. it is sooo addicting!=] its also one of the very few unique games out there that has its own true flavor. very great game!:)

Top Bottom