• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's a jerk

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
In dmc4 Dante could have easily beaten the savior instead of letting it do all that damage and swallow Nero. I know ur gonna it was impenetrable from the outside but it's clearly not since Dante stuck his sword into it the game says he's stronger than Sparda so why didn't he just go full power and kill it U see Dante damageing the impenetrable savior multiple times so he can kill but just choses not to and to play with it

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Not to justify his actions but Trish cleared everyone from the battle zone. People were remotely safe. Maybe Dante just doesn't care about collateral damage. Remember what happened with the bridge in DMC anime.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
He didn't destroy the Savior because Kyrie, and Nero were in it. And it WAS impenetrable...to Dante. I think if Vergil was the one using Yamato and DT combined, he could've sliced the statue into pieces. And better yet, why not Dante go DT to handle the savior? I dunno.
But yeah, Dante was slacking in DMC4 because he had no choice but to take the back seat while Shonen hero Nero takes the wheel. Unless this was really what Dante's character is now, in which I'd have to drop the series from that point because...no.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He couldn't destroy it with nero and kyrie inside so he beat it around and weakened it and then sent yamato to nero to kill sanctus inside it and save his girl. If they weren't inside then I am sure dante would have wiped the savior out.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Nero and kyrie notice everyone is homeless now while Dante walks away like "I killed that giant guy no need to worry about their homes or all the demons still walking around"

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante wrecks things that is just his way , he likes to play with foes even if there is structural damage or not.That is why he loses money on jobs all the time as he needs to pay for repair bills.He would never put people in danger though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
7IhLWMh.gif

Every time....

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
For the sake of Dante looking cool, they often kind of forget to make him look like the hero.

Dante in the latest game a few times at least shows his concern for the people he's protecting. And those people think he's the bad guy.

I dig heroes doing the right thing. Seeing The Avengers in Age of Ultron going out of their way to save so many people. Yeeeeaaahhh. SuperHERO.

Not saying I don't also dig the opposite either. Anti heroes and villains giving them rough times are also fun. But Dante isn't that kind of guy to me. You think a guy that would take on jobs for free just because it was the right thing to do really just do non hero things like that?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
For the sake of Dante looking cool, they often kind of forget to make him look like the hero.

Basically this. It gets under my skin that he doesn't take his job seriously at all.

Plus, cowboy boots, man? Seriously? The only person who can pull that off in the modern day is Revolver Ocelot.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Basically this. It gets under my skin that he doesn't take his job seriously at all.

Plus, cowboy boots, man? Seriously? The only person who can pull that off in the modern day is Revolver Ocelot.

They're chaps, not boots.

Also he entrusted Trish to get the people to safety. So that he could fight the Savior without worrying about people. In fact, when the fight starts, there's no one in the city.

And the fight takes place in the sky anyway. No people to be harmed in the sky.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
He makes wisecracks when his property is reduced to rubble. I don't think he even understands that people need homes.
The dude was still making wise-cracks and enveloped in his boyish swagger while Credo was dying at his feet.

I think we can stop expecting realistic or justifiable emotions out of him.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
First. Dante said in game that Saviour could be destroyed from inside. So he needed Yamato, to reawaken Nero and give him possibility to kill it.
Second. What apparently people tend to forget, Saviour wasn't there to destroy city. Demons were. So sealing demon gates was more important than dealing with saviour.
Third. After sealing gates and awaken Nero, Dante kept Saviour busy long enough for Nero to kill off Sanctus.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
They're chaps, not boots.

Also he entrusted Trish to get the people to safety. So that he could fight the Savior without worrying about people. In fact, when the fight starts, there's no one in the city.

And the fight takes place in the sky anyway. No people to be harmed in the sky.
Speaking of Trish, isn't it mostly her fault?

Reactions: Gel

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i've met him in person, was there to ask for autograph of his poster, apparently yes, he was a jerk, he said bug off emo! so i put on my hood, picked a full can of virility, threw it at him and yelled " **** you tim mcgraw! ", but he didn't **** me back, guy's a jerk.. now i miss succubus

Top Bottom