• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i think this thread is stupid....... dante didnt know of nero's demonic power til he met him in dmc4 and thats that....... unless capcom says that dante did know than theirs no point discussing it .....

Zato-OW

King
Yeah but all of a sudden he knew who was a demon jumping into the church or town hall and killing random people and soon to find out they were demons. Dante all ways knows more then what he lets off. If Nero arm was able to detect Dante then why would it be different for Dante?I highly doubt Dante would kill humans just because he has a hunch. Too many things arent explained through DMC4. Like what was Dante doing the entire time while we are playing as Nero? Or why did Dante show up in the forest telling Nero he had something important to take care of?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Capcom don't seen to spoonfeed us all the information like we want. Some of it should be damn obvious, same applies for Resident Evil, you figure alot out for yourself.
Dante knows more than what he lets on. He probably didn't expect the demon arm, but he certainly didn't seen bothered by the fact Sanctus said to him Nero is a descendant of Sparda, meaning Dante possibly knew he was and the Order with Agnus' notes.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Zato-OW;130473 said:
Like what was Dante doing the entire time while we are playing as Nero? Or why did Dante show up in the forest telling Nero he had something important to take care of?

about the woods thing ...... he was going the same way as nero was... dante wanted to get the yamato and nero was after that girl ...... :D

Zato-OW

King
Yeah but by then Nero had the Yamato and Dante caught up with him in the forest. So why didn't he just take it there? Also spoon fed is a bad word to use when you have certain things that are unexplained as in Dante's motives like him telling Nero he had important things to take care of? But what could be more important then the job Lady gave to him?

I mean Dante couldve destroyed all of the Hell Gates way ahead of time but he never shows up until Nero is about finish with his missions, so my question was, what was he doing between all of this time. Its just bad story telling if you ask me, because they are trying to force everything to fit together to make Nero's part of the story better. Honestly Dante couldve stopped all of this way ahead of time but I guess he let Nero take all the fame.

Zato-OW

King
Yeah and look what happened, he got owned like 3 times and almost killed twice. Actually Dante did a good thing.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Considering what happened, Nero got out of all of that trouble and proved to be a strong character... So all in all he did well, and hardly got his ass kicked...

Zato-OW

King
Hardly got his ass kicked? He lost to Dante, would've been killed by Agnus, Lost to Sanctus/Savior and would've been killed again. Yeah hes a real hero(joking). Ill admit he did some good deeds through out the story but all of the times he was about to die he was saved by something or someone.

I'm just saying that Dante's story felt very forced up until he got to Agnus and the Savior. Because he couldve dealt with most of the problems alot earlier.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
He didn't die by Agnus due to the reaction he had with Yamato... He has luck and skill on his side, so he hardly got his ass kicked IMO. Dante wouldn't have killed him, so their fights don't count. Sanctus/Savior would have kicked his ass, but besides that he hardly got his ass kicked. And anyway, we aren't here to quote everyone's posts man.. And prove people to be right or wrong. That's how you get flame wars, btw ;)

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;130507 said:
Hardly got his ass kicked? He lost to Dante, would've been killed by Agnus, Lost to Sanctus/Savior and would've been killed again. Yeah hes a real hero(joking). Ill admit he did some good deeds through out the story but all of the times he was about to die he was saved by something or someone.

I'm just saying that Dante's story felt very forced up until he got to Agnus and the Savior. Because he couldve dealt with most of the problems alot earlier.

Nero did pretty well considering he's never encountered anything like it before unlike Dante who run up a demonic tower at his age. Dante had been fighting and been alone since Eva's death. Nero's emotions got the better of him, and that leads to lack of tactic as has the same probably been done with Dante.
First:
1.) Not even the dark lord of the underworld Mundus could defeat Dante.
2.) Agnus wouldn't have killed him.
3.) Nero got carried away trying to save Credo and Kyrie to pay attention.

Nero isn't a weakling by a long shot. If Dante had dealt with the problems within DMC4 then there wouldn't be a DMC4.
In, out. Done.
Nero is a rookie and Dante is letting him get the experience.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
NerosDevil;130526 said:
Nero did pretty well considering he's never encountered anything like it before unlike Dante who run up a demonic tower at his age. Dante had been fighting and been alone since Eva's death. Nero's emotions got the better of him, and that leads to lack of tactic as has the same probably been done with Dante.
First:
1.) Not even the dark lord of the underworld Mundus could defeat Dante.
2.) Agnus wouldn't have killed him.
3.) Nero got carried away trying to save Credo and Kyrie to pay attention.

Nero isn't a weakling by a long shot. If Dante had dealt with the problems within DMC4 then there wouldn't be a DMC4.
In, out. Done.
Nero is a rookie and Dante is letting him get the experience.

Imagine how boring DMC4 would be if it was "just" Dante. Compared to other threats in DMC, this was pretty mild. Even DMC2s Argosax was more imposing than the Savior. DMC4 was purely meant for Nero and for Dante to show him the ropes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah :lol: Dmc 4 was basically one huge tutorial for Nero .LoL.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
DMC4 ended stupid tho. I was getting hooked and it just ended with.....Nero & Kyrie kissing....WTF!? No revelations, no innuendo of DMC5, NOTHING.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Esura;130532 said:
DMC4 ended stupid tho. I was getting hooked and it just ended with.....Nero & Kyrie kissing....WTF!? No revelations, no innuendo of DMC5, NOTHING.

The fact Nero has Yamato and a weird DT is hinting enough about DMC5.
I liked the ending XD

Zato-OW

King
Lord you didn't even read what I posted correctly. I said he LOST to Dante and almost died to Agnus and Sanctus/Savior. He didn't die because he was saved by first the Yamato and the 2nd time it was by Dante and the Yamato. 2nd I never said he was weak I just implied that he wasn't all that great until the very end of DMC4. 3rd he wouldve died by Agnus if not for the Yamato as you can see that his demonic powers had awakened near his death the same way it did so for Vergil and Dante. Agnus just said he was going to study his arm after he done so.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Esura;130532 said:

I agree. I felt it left it feeling dry... However, the only thing hinting at dmc 5 at the end is when Nero asks if he'll ever see Dante again... Which is clearly going to be a yes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think his hand gesture states "Kid, you know the answer to that... Don't be silly"... >yes.

Sparda™

There is no innuendo or something to lead to DMC5.

It was a plain cliche ending. If I'd be playing DMC4 as my first Devil May Cry, I'd say the series would end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom