• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Hulk vs vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

clairavance;197822 said:
Vergil is no Wolverine. None of the superheroes owned my marvel can even come close to him or Dante.
But for the sake of amusement, how do you think Hulk would defeat Vergil?

The Hulk possesses the potential for near-limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger. This has been reflected in the repeated comment "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk had "no finite element inside". His durability, healing, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper. Greg Pak described the Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal --and most immortals-- who ever walked the Earth."

The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of core solar temperatures, nuclear explosions, and planet-splitting impacts. He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods (yet still eventually needing to breathe), and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds.

His powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, or the Sentry. He also has less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico, resist psychic control, grow stronger from radiation or dark magic, and to see and interact with astral forms.

'Nuff said.

Sparda™

clairavance;197829 said:
Whoop, I read that already thank you very much.
It doesn't answer my question.

Vergil and Dante don't match even 1/100000000000 of Hulk's powers, thus there's no fight or comparison happening because It's like comparing a Black Hole to a human...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uhhh... Gonna have to go with Sparda on this one... That description pretty much says it all. Sorry Clairy, but I think Hulk would trample the twins... Not like they couldn't give him a decent fight though. It'd probably be REALLY friggin' close.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;197832 said:
Uhhh... Gonna have to go with Sparda on this one... That description pretty much says it all. Sorry Clairy, but I think Hulk would trample the twins... Not like they couldn't give him a decent fight though. It'd probably be REALLY friggin' close.

Someone like Phoenix or Galacticus can go close.

Vergil and Dante are just pathetic in comparison.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Dante and Vergil managed to beat Monstrous Arkham.
Dante managed to beat Mundus.

The boys (when teamed up) are pretty powerful.... bye bye Hulky.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Still doesn't answer my question.
HOW would he defeat Vergil? Or Dante, for that matter? Because, imo, Dante's tactics in taking down his opponents is questionable, unpredictible, and pretty much insane at times. Logic has no solid hold on him, so it will make it difficult for his opponent to try figure out Dante's means of strategy.
That aside, Vergil specifically wields a katana, which means he's an Iaidoka (which is, if you don't know, what you call a person who practices the art of Iaido - the art of drawing the katana). He's a pretty hard opponent to beat because his fighting leans more to defensive than offensive (most of the time). He basically performs the type of martial art that was infallible in war.
So how is the green booger Hulk going to defeat that?

BTW, I totally agree with VB.
Bye bye Hulky.

Sparda™

clairavance;197840 said:
HOW would he defeat Vergil? Or Dante, for that matter? Because, imo, Dante's tactics in taking down his opponents is questionable, unpredictible, and pretty much insane at times. Logic has no solid hold on him, so it will make it difficult for his opponent to try figure out Dante's means of strategy.
That aside, Vergil specifically wields a katana, which means he's an Iaidoka (which is, if you don't know, what you call a person who practices the art of Iaido - the art of drawing the katana). He's a pretty hard opponent to beat because his fighting leans more to defensive than offensive (most of the time). He basically performs the type of martial art that was infallible in war.

1. The Hulk has no finite powers. That should explain all to you. Dante and Vergil both mock their enemies their way, something that triggers anger to the opponent. The fight wouldn't last more than 10 seconds.

2. Magic makes Hulk grow stronger. Yamato and all Devil Arms for that matter are magical imbued weapons.

3. Someone who has survived solar core temperatures, nuclear explosions and planet impacts, survives everything - Dante's and Vergil's attacks combined.

4. There's no strategy who would take down Hulk, not even one.

5. Marvel > Devil May Cry. True story.

Zato-OW

King
clairavance;197840 said:

BTW, I totally agree with VB.
Bye bye Hulky.

You can't be serious with this post? This is the proof you have in Dante and Vergil beating Hulk? Arkham was nothing but a blob and a slow blob at that. He could be hurt,dismantled and Arkham was already having trouble controlling Sparda's power. This caused him to lose to Dante and Vergil. If Arkham unlocked Sparda's true power then Dante and Vergil would have been in some deep sh!t. Dante beat Mundus with Sparda's power not his own, enuff said. Well the combined powers of his and his fathers.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;197842 said:
You can't be serious with this post? This is the proof you have in Dante and Vergil beating Hulk? Arkham was nothing but a blob and a slow blob at that. He could be hurt,dismantled and Arkham was already having trouble controlling Sparda's power. This caused him to lose to Dante and Vergil. If Arkham unlocked Sparda's true power then Dante and Vergil would have been in some deep sh!t. Dante beat Mundus with Sparda's power not his own, enuff said. Well the combined powers of his and his fathers.

True story, Zato, true story.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
ROFL... Okay. Now it makes sense why Dante didn't make the cut for that marvel vs capcom game... dammit. I am not happy.:mad:

I still stand by Vergil taking down Hulk. Even if Hulk does squish him in the end, I'll back up Vergil 100%. I'm a devoted DMC fan. Nothing else compares or exceeds. End.

aoshi

Durante;197786 said:
Think again, strategy wouldn't help there if it was 1vs1 Hulk has every attribute that Dante and Vergil has and even more,later he develops a genius intellect in which i doubt strategies would help,your comparing with human form fighters,you don't compare a monster with a tooth fairy do you?

I dont think u have played 2-D games from capcom(Street fighter series which is one on one). With strats of street fighter characters any 3-D game can be broken down. I believe fighting system of dante and vergil was from such early stages. Dante's moves are no imaginary or magical but correspond to geometrical analysis on environment. Vergil's strats is limited as he was a boss in the game , I would say vergil strat's can be improved to take down hulk. I can go on to prove dante's ability real time(High time - 90 degrees, Killer bee - 45 degress, stinger 180 degress, concurrent attacks with nevan and a primary weapon and strats is endless).Best part is each of moves are self-defensive(high time can both counter ground attack as well lift an opponent in air) Speaking of counter's, I am sure there would be a counter to hulk's attacks. Though he is scientifically strong,He sure cannot take down dante or vergil.

Sparda;197823 said:
His powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, or the Sentry. He also has less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico, resist psychic control, grow stronger from radiation or dark magic, and to see and interact with astral forms.

These are imaginary traits given by writers with no logical explaination to his abilities.I dont think that can a strat for a four limbed human with 6 senses. I find most of the traits described of hulk are imaginative which is not a strat in a real-time combat.

As a character, Yes i would say hulk is better than spider-man. But on a real-time combat, I would not compare any characters with dante,vergil or any capcom characters.

Durante

Dead
aoshi;197897 said:
I dont think u have played 2-D games from capcom(Street fighter series which is one on one). With strats of street fighter characters any 3-D game can be broken down. I believe fighting system of dante and vergil was from such early stages. Dante's moves are no imaginary or magical but correspond to geometrical analysis on environment. Vergil's strats is limited as he was a boss in the game , I would say vergil strat's can be improved to take down hulk. I can go on to prove dante's ability real time(High time - 90 degrees, Killer bee - 45 degress, stinger 180 degress, concurrent attacks with nevan and a primary weapon and strats is endless).Best part is each of moves are self-defensive(high time can both counter ground attack as well lift an opponent in air) Speaking of counter's, I am sure there would be a counter to hulk's attacks. Though he is scientifically strong,He sure cannot take down dante or vergil.

These are imaginary traits given by writers with no logical explaination to his abilities.I dont think that can a strat for a four limbed human with 6 senses. I find most of the traits described of hulk are imaginative which is not a strat in a real-time combat.

As a character, Yes i would say hulk is better than spider-man. But on a real-time combat, I would not compare any characters with dante,vergil or any capcom characters.

Which part of the thing you don't get that Hulk is the strongest being than any mortal or immortal that walked earth? We aren't talking about what moves would do to each other nor stats,Hulk has been hit bu hundrets of missiles even tanks and dark magic couldn't take him down,let alone explosions or ghost rider. he overwhelmed most of gods and overwhelmed Thor himself.

There is an explanation of Hulks power if you don't know how the Hulk was born it means you don't even read comics
gamma rays (the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and 10,000 times more powerful than visible light) that they can even create matter- a possible explanation for the increased mass that Bruce Banner takes on during transformations. "Just as the Incredible Hulk 'is the strongest one there is,' as he says himself, so too are gamma ray bursts the most powerful explosions known.

aoshi

@Durante : Hulk is an imaginary character known to have been exposed to gamma radiations. Logically humans cannot withstand gamma radiations. U die if u get exposed to it. But creators wanna add some supernatural traits and call him the strongest.
On the other hand, Dante and vergil are known for their skills than for their imaginary traits as demons. I agree dante and vergil are imaginary characters, but their moves are a lot more logical and is a pain to play these characters on hardest difficulties. Creators of DMC could have added more traits as replenish health. As a matter of fact, they did with super dante and nero-angelo. How can hulk take down some one who can replenish health on verge of death? It is not logical now is it.

On a logical comparison, Dante and vergil can beat hulk in a combat which is this thread's subject.

Durante

Dead
aoshi;197903 said:
@Durante : Hulk is an imaginary character known to have been exposed to gamma radiations. Logically humans cannot withstand gamma radiations. U die if u get exposed to it. But creators wanna add some supernatural traits and call him the strongest.
On the other hand, Dante and vergil are known for their skills than for their imaginary traits as demons. I agree dante and vergil are imaginary characters, but their moves are a lot more logical and is a pain to play these characters on hardest difficulties. Creators of DMC could have added more traits as replenish health. As a matter of fact, they did with super dante and nero-angelo. How can hulk take down some one who can replenish health on verge of death? It is not logical now is it.

On a logical comparison, Dante and vergil can beat hulk in a combat which is this thread's subject.

Dante and Vergil are also imaginary characters
No,it is scientifically explained how Banner survived and got his powers in The Science of Superheroes.
Hulk didint use health replenishing items in fights so if it wasn't a game Dante and Vergil would be toast :)
Super Dante was just a costume as far as i know for DMC3 it wasn't used for the story. If your talking about the scene where Vergil nearly kills him Dante just activated his DT and fastened his healing he did not replenish his health.
While Hulk can resist damage and heal in seconds from various wounds being far more superior than Dante or Vergil in DT.

Sparda™

Being a Devil May Cry fan and putting a comparison like this in a Devil May Cry forum, doesn't mean you'll support Devil May Cry characters.

Aoshi, please drop this, it is ridiculous. Marvel characters are super overpowered. Dante and Vergil are pathetic in comparison.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd have to agree with Sparda here. The argument is getting repetitive, where you state the same points over and over. That's usually a sign that the argumentor cannot come up with solid ground to stand on. In other words, I think you lost.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The Hulk (at the end of the day) is only a man.
It's only when someone makes him mad he becomes a wrecking machine....
so, Dante and Vergil 'jump' banner in human form... devils win. (Especially if the boys carry on stabbing him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom