• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante’s Trailer

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
You can't imagine the relief I felt when I saw that Lady and Trish's designs weren't made to look like someone beat the ugly stick with a feminist as is the norm for female characters nowadays.
They look fine as hell and their voices are a MASSIVE noticable difference to Nico's voice who I'm almost convinced is being voiced by a man.

Dante's music is indeed unappealing, though I don't despise it like everyone else seems to, it's still nowhere near as good as Devil Trigger.

Also am I the only one who though that Dante said "Tankpot" instead of Jackpot?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yo this was what I wanted!

-Dante looks so much better in this trailer. Scruffy, rough, and tumble, and not all pretty boy'd up.
-Lady looks so GOOD. Trish tho...I dunno. She looks younger then what I had in mind.
-So one major thing that I feared would come back is Dante's moveset with his sword. I was hoping for new sword animations but I guess not.
-There was an enemy that reminded me of Nelo Angelo that Dante fought.
-The motorcycle weapon is still a boss ass weapon!
-Sparda looks very different compared to how it looked in the past games. More detailed and all.
-Music is finally better than that "pull my devil trigger" bullshit.

A note with the deluxe edition: They said "Live action cutscenes" I wonder what that means? Will there be cutscenes in the game that will be live action?

TommyC.

Is the bike is only in the deluxe edition? Or it’s just a different color? I didn’t have that clear

TommyC.

Phew, I got scared for a moment. The trailer was great, but if it had a better song, it could have been so much epic. I think devil trigger just fitted more to the character than this song does.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I enjoyed the trailer. I liked how the devil trigger looked. That boss that Dante was fighting looked cool as well. It was also nice to see Trish and Lady.
Also as far as the song is concerned, yeah I didn't like it when I was listening to it on it's own, but it was pretty easy to tune out while I was watching the trailer, so I would not have really cared if it made it into the game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I enjoyed the trailer. I liked how the devil trigger looked. That boss that Dante was fighting looked cool as well. It was also nice to see Trish and Lady.
Also as far as the song is concerned, yeah I didn't like it when I was listening to it on it's own, but it was pretty easy to tune out while I was watching the trailer, so I would not have really cared if it made it into the game.
I hope it makes it into the game. I'm sick of the song we had before. Need something that'll actually make me want to play it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm surprised you like Trish in this one. I think she looks ugly like famine itself.

DMC5_Screens_Trish_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Lady instead, seems she was spared Trish's fate, probably the modeler working on her was feeling in a better mood or something. XD

DMC5_Screens_Lady_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Her face really gives me the vibe of her DMC3 one but older, and looks fine on its own too.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have thoughts. Lots of thoughts. And opinions. Shocking, I know. An opinion on the internet. But I want to digest what I saw on this day because, as you all know, everything I say is creed, and with everyone being so happy with my last decree where I named sir Patrick Steward the greatest actor, alive or otherwise (sorry sir Laurence Olivier but it had to happen some day), I want to keep it rolling by making it another good one.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Oedipus Complex confirmed!
DMC5 Trish description :
Fiendish Femme Fatale
>An alluring demon resembling Dante's mother Eva in appearance.
>Once an enemy of Dante's, she changed her ways when he saved her life, becoming a partner of sorts to the Devil Hunter.
>Fickle by nature, the exact nature of their relationship remains a mystery. "

So yes after all these years, Dante is in love with his "Mom".

PS: Apparently Trish "ships" Dante and Lady in the Audio Drama CD 1 , making fun of Lady being "clumsy" and Dante being "dense" regarding each other.Strange thing for someone to ship her lover with another woman, but oh well...

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Im actually surprised no one is commenting on how young Lady still looks, timeline wise its been like 20+ years since DMC3 so she should be in her 40s now and yet she still looks like a 20 year old, with Trish and Dante its understandable why they age so well given that their demons but Lady is a straight up human last I checked.

Also I'm really hoping that we get some kind of alluding to Lucia in this one, say what you want about DMC2 but at this point its a confirmed part of the canon and since the producers confirmed this takes place after DMC2 than logically it would be a good idea to tie up some loose ends with the ending DMC2 left us, simply ignoring it would be so weird at this point.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Gel
Woah that's a quick assumption there. How exactly does "the exact nature of their relationship remains a mystery" equal to "they're in love"? I mean if you wanna say it's one of those "wink wink nudge nudge" kinda things, then yeah, I can see how it could be taken as a hint. But from there to say it's confirmed, that's kinda reaching.

Im actually surprised no one is commenting on how young Lady still looks, timeline wise its been like 20+ years since DMC3 so she should be in her 40s now and yet she still looks like a 20 year old

It's not like women like that don't exist, my friend. I and my hormone frienzied friends back in high school for example, used to always talk about this English substitute teacher we had at one point, which was in her mid 40s and yet looked like she just came out of college. Some people just don't seem to age till they reach their 60s or something.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
@Gel
Woah that's a quick assumption there. How exactly does "the exact nature of their relationship remains a mystery" equal to "they're in love"? I mean if you wanna say it's one of those "wink wink nudge nudge" kinda things, then yeah, I can see how it could be taken as a hint. But from there to say it's confirmed, that's kinda reaching.

Yeah, it's my personal opinion here, but since we're dealing with a taboo here, I'm not expecting to them to spell it out, since it would weird out a lot of people ( even if it was always present in the franchise's subtext).

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
@Gel

It's not like women like that don't exist, my friend. I and my hormone frienzied friends back in high school for example, used to always talk about this English substitute teacher we had at one point, which was in her mid 40s and yet looked like she just came out of college. Some people just don't seem to age till they reach their 60s or something.

Listen I've heard of aging slowly, hell I've actually seen people in my life age incredibly well into their 40s and 50s, but this right here with Lady is clearly different since it seems she has not aged at all, she still looks to be in her early 20s just like she was back in DMC3, she has hardly aged if at all and that is what I'm finding weird, like take for instance Angela Basset who is a famous move star in her late 50s, she has aged INCREDIBLY well compared to her younger days but even then you can very obviously tell she has in fact aged.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
she still looks to be in her early 20s just like she was back in DMC3, she has hardly aged if at all and that is what I'm finding weird

I don't think it's as extreme as you make it sound. To me she can totally pass as a woman in her 30s rather than "not aged at all". Matter of perspective I guess. And if you could buy her surviving a totally fatal wound at her leg in DMC3 then you can also buy her looking young here.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I don't think it's as extreme as you make it sound. To me she can totally pass as a woman in her 30s rather than "not aged at all". Matter of perspective I guess. And if you could buy her surviving a totally fatal wound at her leg in DMC3 then you can also buy her looking young here.

Its all subjective really, but you simply can not deny she has hardly aged, this is no big deal so no need to feel the need to defend it to the end and yes this is obviously a series about demon hunting and nonsensical events but as I said she is human in this world and I would have at least expected her to age more is all I'm saying, agree to disagree and move on.

Top Bottom