• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante’s Trailer

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm... it was an alright trailer I guess. I would've like a bit more of the story than going through all of Dante's weapons and such but I guess that'll have to wait for V's trailer or something.

The JPN voices sounded dope though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought it was great and I'm optimistic about Dante's portrayal.

I liked the way he said "Jackpot" at the end.

I wish there was a scene between him and V. They felt like they knew each other in the leaked footage.

DarkSlayerVergil

Are we gonna talk about the demon Dante was fighting thats most likely Alastor or the fac that he was using Ifrit?
PlUjfTd.jpg

ckBD6HF.jpg

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm surprised you like Trish in this one. I think she looks ugly like famine itself.
DMC5_Screens_Trish_png_jpgcopy.jpg

WTF Holy ****, they put Mia Winter's face on Trish!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Either Capcom is being SUPER lazy&cheap or someone really thought it was a good idea to make Trish look like a zombified character from Resident Evil. Personally, i Just don't like it because i goddamn hate Mia. Why couldn't they use Zoe's face instead? she was the best Waifu in RE7.

Last edited:

gmc

wish we had a glimpse of vergil, quit holding out on us capcom, and he better be playable damn it, seems like V will be a necromancer of sorts,intriguing cant wait for his trailer and whatever convention is next

DarkSlayerVergil

Most exciting part about that is that he FINALLY seems to have new moves for the gauntlets and grieves weapon. Whooooo boy! As a martial artist myself, those weapons have always been among my favorites.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...arty-with-a-brand-new-devil-may-cry-5-trailer
My mistake apparently the gauntlets he uses are not Ifrit but a new set called Balrog:
Dante, the legendary demon hunter we all can’t help but love, and poster-child of the Devil May Cry series, is back with more sass and style than ever before. And we have a brand new Devil May Cry 5 trailer to show it! Check it out:

Oh boy! That was quite the intense trailer, with lots of info to extract. I’m gonna leave that fun work to you—I’ve watched it about a dozen times and am still noticing new details—but for now, here is some crazy, stylish info for you all.

First up, can we pause for a second to appreciate how rad Dante’s new motorcycle weapon “Cavaliere” is? When it was first teased back in the Gamescom trailer (video link), all we saw was it being split into two devastating demon-shredding weapons… but turns out you can actually mount the bike mid-battle and use it for attacks, too? Crazy!

Aside from this insane addition to Dante’s arsenal, we’re also happy to confirm some classic returning weapons and weapon archetypes with new twists. Of course, you can always count on Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory to finish any job, but in this trailer you can also get a glimpse of the shotgun “Coyote-A” and a combo of gauntlets and greaves “Balrog”, which actually feature two distinct stances—Blow Mode and Kick Mode—with unique moves and stylish potential.

And to top it all off with some new info not shown in this trailer, here are two screenshots of Dante wielding the all too familiar “Sparda”:

As we know, Dante is not the only one up to demon hunting; Devil May Cry 5 features three playable characters, and we’re ready to reveal our third protagonist: the mysterious V.
We’ll have more details on this peculiar demon hunter soon, but for now, let’s see what shiny new demon hunting tools Nero’s bringing to the table!

Tomboy and Rawhide were the new Devil Breakers shown today, and you can actually learn more details about them from our PAX West 2018 panel (video link). However, there’s one new Devil Breaker that deserves special attention today. Apparently Nico got a little inspired by a classic gaming hero and crafted this beauty:

That’s right: in Devil May Cry 5, Nero gets equipped with Mega Buster!

This special Devil Breaker comes as part of the newly revealed Devil May Cry 5 Deluxe Edition. Here’s a graphic that breaks down what you can expect from this package:

And on top that, if you pre-order any version of the game, you get alternate EX colors for the new and returning heroines you will meet in the story of DMC5, Trish, Lady, and Nico, as well as for playable characters Nero and Dante!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero should get Zero's z-saber too. It be funny because they share the same VA.

Trish is meh but she was always meh to me.

Lady looks supringly young. I thought it be cool if they made her like her original concept- a world weary hunter who was a chain smoker.

D.Dark

Music is finally better than that "pull my devil trigger" bullshit.
Thank god. Someone finally agrees. All the circlejerking around pull my devil trigger rubbish was driving me mental.

WTF Holy ****, they put Mia Winter's face on Trish!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Either Capcom is being SUPER lazy&cheap or someone really thought it was a good idea to make Trish look like a zombified character from Resident Evil. Personally, i Just don't like it because i goddamn hate Mia. Why couldn't they use Zoe's face instead? she was the best Waifu in RE7.
They also reduced her bust size immensely. Bah! This rubbish photorealistic look isn't doing anyone any favour.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Most exciting part about that is that he FINALLY seems to have new moves for the gauntlets and grieves weapon. Whooooo boy! As a martial artist myself, those weapons have always been among my favorites.
No DMC is complete without obligatory Gauntlets. Until God hand 2 comes along this is as close to a modern 3d beat'em'up game we can get.

BTW i'm loving that fleshy&disgusting Sparda design in 5, what about you? you still think Sparda looks awful?
bbd1ad7d7a20ef6db54b2b8e6274d7ec.jpg

They also reduced her bust size immensely. Bah! This rubbish photorealistic look isn't doing anyone any favour.
I mean, tbf she wasn't all that busty in DMC1 either. At some point in the development cycle of DMC4 they merged the character of gloria&Trish together, so Trish ended up being more busty&curvy. You can still see evidence for this in DMC 4 art book, Trish's design in there look very identical to hear lean figure in 1 and 5.

D.Dark

I mean, tbf she wasn't all that busty in DMC1 either. At some point in the development cycle of DMC4 they merged the character of gloria&Trish together, so Trish ended up being more busty&curvy. You can still see evidence for this in DMC 4 art book, Trish's design in there look very identical to hear lean figure in 1 and 5.
True but she didn't look like an old lady either, this seems like the worst of both worlds.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's too bad the swordmanship can't be as happy since Dante STILL swings his sword like he ALWAYS does with nothing new and Hero's swordsmanship is atrocious.

Breast size has never made or break a game.

BTW i'm loving that fleshy&disgusting Sparda design in 5, what about you? you still think Sparda looks awful?
bbd1ad7d7a20ef6db54b2b8e6274d7ec.jpg
Yeah it still looks ugly but now in real time. Though it does look better then that hunk of flesh-meets-metal mess of a sword in DMC1-4.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
True but she didn't look like an old lady either, this seems like the worst of both worlds.
I think its just the weird mia's face model, she doesn't seem to have any wrinkles around her face. I find it funny how lady(or "Mary" as Arkham said it) looks like she's in her early 30's even though she's supposed to be in her mid to late 40's like dante. Hell, even dante looks like he's in his 40's despite being half demon. Either Lady has gotten the best facelift on earth or she's secretly a vampire.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
with nothing new

That we don't know yet. We'll have to wait till the gameplay demo to see if they added something to his Rebellion moveset. Even though, with new gauntlet moves and a brand new, seemingly multi-mode weapon like that bike, I honestly won't be crying a river if they didn't, as he's not like Nero, who only has one Devil Arm in his arsenal.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like I said before I have a lot of thoughts and opinions on this. 'Good' or 'bad' don't quite cover it. 'Good and bad' is more like it.

So from the trailer:

01.png

02.png
I really am getting burned out on the whole 'we're always broke' concept. It's lost it's charm to me. In one or two games, that's fine, but we're not getting these every 2 years anymore. It's 10 years later and all I can think of 'really? Are we still doing the same shtick?' It was one of my least favorite aspects of the anime and I don't care for it now. I'm not saying do a complete 180 but a change of pace would be nice.

face1.png

Ok. I don't know what the deal is with that face but I'll have to come back to it.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
These constant pauses make the whole thing seem slower than it provably is and that speed to which he helm breaks doesn't give me much encouragement. The whole issue with DMC4 Dante... Well, a big issue with DMC4 Dante, was how tankish he was. His actions weren't fast and lively. They were heavy and smooth, too smooth to be dynamic. It also doesn't help that Dante's pretty much had the same combo animation for the last 3 games, and, no, the fact that DmC's varies a little doesn't help.

03.png
04.png

05.png
06.png
I don't think I like the design for the gauntlets. They're too huge and bulky. I mean, look at the hand. It's bigger than Dante's head.
Even so, I have to admit, this is what I was hoping for.

giphy.gif
Now, that is some capoeira s***, right there. Fast, agile and even a bit showoff... y, if you will. Before it felt like they were making Dante more and more rigid . We're living in a post The Raid era, how about we pick up the showmanship a little? Well, this is sorta what I meant and hope to see more.

LADY.png
Lady looks ok, though she looks really asian now. It's also very obvious that they made her chest noticeably smaller than last time. I have a little sister who didn't start filling up till she was 16. Since her older sister is so far away she tends to confide in me so I know how angry she'd be if she woke up one day with a significantly smaller bra size. She might start demanding God for some explanation. In fact, when I proposed the concept I think her exact words were... Anyway, she looks ok, that expression is not doing her any favors but she looks generally ok in every other capture. Although, I have to admit, the only thing I could think of when scrolling down the high res render of this key art, right after 'that is a really nice shirt,' was: 'those look really uncomfortable.' It's not even that they, themselves on their own look uncomfortable, but when you add the rider chaps, it just looks really uncomfortable to wear and I can't stop wondering if she needs some talcum.

TRISH.png
Trish, on the other hand. Well, her actual facial features are fine, her jaw needs to be a bit longer, or maybe it needs to be a different shape, something more stereotypically feminine, but the biggest issue is her hair. It looks like a mop (not a DmC pun). It's just ruining the rest of her head and it's doing something weird to her features. Sometimes she, her face, looks ok, but other times... well, it doesn't look ugly, but it's off, somehow, like there is something wrong. Not sure if it's uncanny valley because she doesn't look disturbing, but there is something definitely off and I think the hair plays a huge part in it... And on the CG render she has a manly chin...

09.png
I'll admit that Nico getting starstruck was pretty adorable, but it does make my assumption that it was Dante who introduced her to Nero go down the hole.

10.png
The new blades look... interesting. I don't know why they're giving me an amphibian vibe. Plus, there is something about their heads... Also... (I know, whoever did that is such an infant)

giphy.gif
I got such a Power Ranger vibe out of this scene. The design is great but the actual movement and poses and the way he drew the sword all reminded me of the Power Rangers and I didn't think it was fitting.
DMC5_Screens_Dante-Sparda01_png_jpgcopy.jpg
Sparda looks weird to me. I know it's supposed to be organic but this is not the direction I would've taken. It look goreish, if that's even a word.

I couldn't help but notice that V's tattoos look nothing like Nico's.

I'll talk about Dante's face, and maybe faces in general, later but last thing, at the very end, when Nico pulls out the Mega Buster, the southern accent, the tools and garage supplies, the music. That was some seriously FFXV vibes, right there.

Anyway, I'm day one on this. I have my complaints but in general I'm dying to get my hands on this game. The music wasn't intrusive to me, either, I found it rather fitting, actually. Probably shouldn't get attached, considering, but overall, a good trailer.

Sean Gow

Does anyone else think that demon boss Dante's fighting could be linked with the motorcycle?
His bat-wing-like shoulder pads look like the sides of the front wheel guard, and his sword kinda looks like the blades sticking out from the very front wheel too.

Could just be me just over analysing though because I'm that excited from seeing all this Dante gameplay, all I wanna do is speculate!! Haha

Love the direction this is heading in. All the characters look great! Lady's design is really good!!!

Still dislike Dante's theme though

Veloran

Anyone else notice that Lady is literally wearing Dante's clothes? The chaps and straps are from his outfit in 4, the jacket is a heavily tailored version of his coat from 3. I'm not even saying they just look similar, the clasp across her chest is literally one of the same ones Dante wore in 4.

Has he resorted to paying her with the clothes off his back?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

@0:16 Dante cancelled a Stinger (or a Gun Stinger considering Rebellion was still on Dante's back) into a dodge roll and then quickly recovered into a kneeling ShotGun shot.
GunStinger and BackSlide are back so Gunslinger is in although I didn't see Rain Storm, Fire Works, or TwoSome Time.

In the beginning Dante does a move that allowed him to dodge a close range attack without changing his position so Balrog has evasive properties into its moveset. I wonder if those are apart of the attacks or is it like 3d fighters like Tekken where there are inputs that trigger stances or non-offensive manuvers that you can follow up with another attack via another input.
@0:10 Dante goes a single punch that hits the target multiple times..forgot where I saw that probably some anime.

Trickster Dash and Teleport are back.
Even the enemies have good levels of details to them when it comes to the animations like in the last scene with that butcher demon when it fell to the floor and quickly rebounded to fight back before getting popped by the shotgun look sooooo smooth.

Okay now this weapon might be the craziest so far

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Anyone else notice that Lady is literally wearing Dante's clothes? The chaps and straps are from his outfit in 4, the jacket is a heavily tailored version of his coat from 3. I'm not even saying they just look similar, the clasp across her chest is literally one of the same ones Dante wore in 4.

Has he resorted to paying her with the clothes off his back?

And Trish has her belly bottom pierced.

Top Bottom