• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Colored Enemies; How Would You Revise Them

EvilX-81

It's pretty well accepted that everybody hates the color coded enemies. The idea behind them is cheesy, you have to limit yourself to two weapon sets to hurt them, etc.

But I have to admit, they got me to explore weapons due to forcing me focus upon them. Infact the whole angel/demon alignment thing I was okay with, mainly on the club scene.

So, scrap them totally, or rework them? I was thinking something a long the lines of the blitz of DMC4 for the Hell/Frost Knights; break them down with the specific weapon breaks their repellent shield allowing for the use of all weapons on them. But then, that's kinda like the Witches... or maybe certain weapons break their guard faster or they have super armor use of the wrong alignment against them. Either way it annoys me that I can't use gun weapons on them at all.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Rework them to just Demon and Angel weapons instead.
instead of Red Demons and Blue Demons
We have a mixture of both Red and Blue, the only difference is: You can't use rebellion, or guns unless it's they are a charged move.

I disagree. I think if they dont outright remove them. At least let us use all our ranged weapons on them. I actually think that's what really limits your options. Its hard to do interesting combos with only two weapons and zero guns. I think they should patch it so that guns still work on colored enemies, I don't care if it makes the game easier. I think the fun is from doing interesting combos.

Soupie

The should have allowed guns to be honest (and personally, I want Rebellion to be allowed too).

EllDawn

I really didn't mind them. I have a habit of sticking with just one weapon, so these enemies forced me to break that habit, even if it was for just a short time.

In short, I wouldn't change them.

If not for the dumb decision to base your style rank on damage dealt and no other factors they might have noticed how annoying and limiting these enemies are. Especially since higher difficulties do little more than sprinkle more of them throughout every level.

Kammosjuttu

Maybe the color-coded enemies would not be so hated if they could take damage from all kinds of weapons, but only take a significant damage from a weapon that corresponds its color.

Terrutas

In my opinion,It should never exist.

Devil May Cry is about trying out new things all the time and being fluent and free to do whatever you want.

Limiting your options should never be in this series to begin with. It was a bad call and made the game extremely boring for me.
It's also hard in the annoying way rather than the fun way.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I wonder why they never included a rainbow coloured enemy:troll:

I'm not fussed about the red and blue ones, but they were a little limiting to the ranking score on later levels with the harder modes. It would have been better if there were more regular enemy fodder with colour coded ones just to keep the gameplay moving. Constantly only hitting an enemy with 2 weapons for a while gets boring.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Instead of removing color coded enemies, why not have it they switch colors during combat, so at one point you can only use demon weapons, and then the next only angel.

Or, better yet, what if they were color coded for only a few hits, like you had to break their armor, and then after that they went back to a normal color and you could defeat them with anything o.o

Terrutas

Instead of removing color coded enemies, why not have it they switch colors during combat, so at one point you can only use demon weapons, and then the next only angel.

Or, better yet, what if they were color coded for only a few hits, like you had to break their armor, and then after that they went back to a normal color and you could defeat them with anything o.o
I like the armor part. but if they switch colors mid battle it would just become more irritating and boring to fight.
And the problem of limitation is STILL there. it's not gone.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

Good idea.

The logic behind how it works is asinine as well as how it effects gameplay. So demons and angels have been fighting eachother forever, right? So there are some which can only be harmed by their own kind? Shouldn't the vulnerability correspond in the opposite way, where Fire attuned enemies can only be harmed by Ice and vice versa?

Oh no, the front door to my house just caught fire. I better fetch my flame thrower!

It really should have been applied in the same way as the old games, where you can hit enemies with their own element but do reduced damage.

Terrutas

Good idea.

The logic behind how it works is asinine as well as how it effects gameplay. So demons and angels have been fighting eachother forever, right? So there are some which can only be harmed by their own kind? Shouldn't the vulnerability correspond in the opposite way, where Fire attuned enemies can only be harmed by Ice and vice versa?

Oh no, the front door to my house just caught fire. I better fetch my flame thrower!

It really should have been applied in the same way as the old games, where you can hit enemies with their own element but do reduced damage.
As amusing as ever.

And yeah I totally agree that makes no sense whatsoever.
Still I don't think they should've limited you in any way. it can be fun at first but it becomes very boring later in the game,after you actually expand your moveset.

But it would be a huge improvement if you could hit all the enemies with all the weapons. especially that godawful enemy "Witch".

ThanatosPL

Dont like these guys, they are forcing me to use special weapon and i cant play like i want, also the angel deamons were much harder to kill because angel weapons werent design to fight with single enemie.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Dont like these guys, they are forcing me to use special weapon and i cant play like i want, also the angel deamons were much harder to kill because angel weapons werent design to fight with single enemie.

You're basically forced to use Osiris's scooping aerial attack to scratch damage on Ice enemies without hitting the Fire enemies with them, and hopefully juggle them out of range so you can whomp on them with impunity.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was thinking arround these lines but rather than braking a shield blue enemies would move arround quickly and dodging sword an demon attacks leaving you having to stunt the with the quick angel attacks. The red ones would be slow and tank like blocking everything but demon attacks till ether stunt or defence broken.

ChaserTech

Get rid of them completely. You shouldn't be forced to use certain weapons on them at all times. It's really restrictive. And it's not really a creative approach for enemy designs as well.

scionicspectre

Should I feel bad if I actually liked them, especially when they put different sides together? Sure, it wasn't ESPECIALLY creative, but not every single game mechanic needs to be, and it sounds like you guys are just whining that it was hard. Maybe there's a way to articulate your point without sounding like you don't like a challenge?

Top Bottom