• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Colored Enemies; How Would You Revise Them

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Get rid of them completely. You shouldn't be forced to use certain weapons on them at all times. It's really restrictive. And it's not really a creative approach for enemy designs as well.

I think it's dangerous thinking to discard ideas outright even if their execution was bad; enemies with weapon immunity have been an element in the franchise before and still worked. Remember the Shadows in DMC1? You couldn't hit those arseholes with Devil Arms at all without getting a spike in the urethra. The game forced you into wailing on them with Guns before their weakpoint could be exposed.

I was thinking arround these lines but rather than braking a shield blue enemies would move arround quickly and dodging sword an demon attacks leaving you having to stunt the with the quick angel attacks. The red ones would be slow and tank like blocking everything but demon attacks till ether stunt or defence broken.

I like this idea. Imagine if instead of breaking your combo enemies who are strong to the element you are using got a little speed burst which forces you to be cautious with your combos instead of outright stopping them dead.

ChaserTech

I think it's dangerous thinking to discard ideas outright even if their execution was bad; enemies with weapon immunity have been an element in the franchise before and still worked. Remember the Shadows in DMC1? You couldn't hit those arseholes with Devil Arms at all without getting a spike in the urethra. The game forced you into wailing on them with Guns before their weakpoint could be exposed.

I know that, and I see what you mean. However that doesn't mean it's a smart idea to continue adding enemies who only become damaged by specific weapons. The enemies in DMC4 were a step up from the DMC3 enemies. They didn't require you to attack enemies all the time with specific weapons just to damage them.

The only enemy that I can recall in DMC4 where you needed to use specific weapons to damage the enemy first was:

Blitz (Arguably the worst miniboss in DMC4) - With Nero: Taking down the electric shields.

Other than that, you could damage all of the enemies in DMC4 without having to use specific weapons. Mephistos/Fausts could be damaged as well, but it required you to shoot them or use Devil Bringer to destroy their cloaks. And the fact that each game within the series sorta revamped how enemies worked overall shows that Capcom is learning from creating restrictive enemies.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Lowering the number of moves you can do on an enemy doesn't make the game more of a challenge imo, if anything it's easier because there are now less moves to worry about; which is why they end up becoming so boring. Also they don't really challenge tactical thinking either since all you have to do is switch to the weapon that matches their colour and just work with that. For these reasons I say remove and replace with enemies that challenge other aspects like reaction times and awareness, kinda like the Dreamrunners do. It would make the game faster paced and a whole load more fun to play imo.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I think you should be able to use rebellion on any types since its still pretty neutral wouldn't you say?I mean it was always a demon type of weapon but in this new universe it seems like a link between Dantes angel and demon weapons since it can transform into a scythe or axe. Also the guns should definitely be allowed, at least one of them if not all.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I think you should be able to use rebellion on any types since its still pretty neutral wouldn't you say?I mean it was always a demon type of weapon but in this new universe it seems like a link between Dantes angel and demon weapons since it can transform into a scythe or axe.

That gets to me actually. Rebellion is apparently an inherited weapon considering that the picture of Sparda we see is an exact duplicate of the one Dante wielded. Surely if Dante's Rebellion is neutral due to his status as a Non-nephilim it should have some kind of visual distinction from his father's Demon attuned weapon?

Dante47

Have them removed entirely.
Let's go back to the good old days when you had to be clever to beat an enemy.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Someone suggested making them so they take less damage from weapons not aligned with them. Take a Frost Knight for example. Twice damage with Angel weapons, normal damage with Rebellion and half damage with Demon weapons. This would make them less of a pain as you could break their shields with Demon weapons and then destroy them normally with Rebellion.

Terrutas

Someone suggested making them so they take less damage from weapons not aligned with them. Take a Frost Knight for example. Twice damage with Angel weapons, normal damage with Rebellion and half damage with Demon weapons. This would make them less of a pain as you could break their shields with Demon weapons and then destroy them normally with Rebellion.
I still like Alittleacorn's approach to just make it super armor instead. Seems much less limiting.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Make it so angel and demon respectively do more damage but all weapons work, but also maybe like your blitz idea where you wear them down with angel or demon then use any weapon

TheNoHeartedBeing

I wouldnt mind of the demon weapon wasnt so dang slow. Your trying to hit a rage hoping around while 5 other people are trying to kill you. Then they add in ghost rages with a witch. Then they add in tyrants, man its just annoying. Thatas why in the harder diffuclties i was not stylish at all. The only thing i did was slash, dash, slash ,dash,slash,dash.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I liked the colored enemies, it made the game more challenging to have to fight two different colored rages at the same time. My only gripe would be that they should let you use the Rebellion on the enemies as well, and maybe make the guns do damage on them too, only make it less than normal.

WorkenOnMaLeft

if it wasnt for the ghost and blood rages this wouldnt be an issue, god they make me wana scratch my eyes out. they may be worse than those ghost vagina looking things in DMC3, now that i think about it there was some really dumb enemy types in that game

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
if it wasnt for the ghost and blood rages this wouldnt be an issue, god they make me wana scratch my eyes out. they may be worse than those ghost vagina looking things in DMC3, now that i think about it there was some really dumb enemy types in that game

Yeah, those derpy flying suits of armor that file back and forth up the corridor can suck it. They get better when they roam around properly though.

The Bloodgoyles were a good example of enemies with immunity being done interestingly though. Instead of stopping your attack outright, Devil Arms attacks caused them to divide into two like an amoeba. They made for an interesting challenge when backed up by multiple enemy types, but hitting them didn't freeze you in your tracks either.

Take them out of the game. I don't need to be reminded I have other weapons. I'll damn well use them if I want too, even so it's still taking away the variety so nothing is really gained from reminding us we have Angel and Demon weapons.

It's almost as bad as "Hey dummy, see that red glowing thing on this boss? try hitting it, it might do something!"

Top Bottom