• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chatter on the boards

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yeah, here we go again...

I think it's great that you guys have forged such strong online relationships and that you chat to each other most of the day but it's getting to the stage where you are bringing your private chats to the forums and clogging up almost every thread with banter/chat/spammy messages to each other which have nothing to do with the thread itself.

Guys, please - this is not a chat site. This is not a forum where you come and spill your guts about every little thing in your life. It's not the place to discuss sexual prowess, drug taking experiences, deaths in the family and the general emo-ness that seems to be flying in every direction here. From time to time it may be appropriate to discuss certain personal things but for the most part, it really is not. This site is about all things Devil May Cry and lately it's just become, as Tony so rightly put, a playground.

We have a PM function. You all have some form of MSN or whatever - or even email if it comes to it. Please for the sake of this site do not clutter it with your inane chatter about how your day is or whether you like cheese more than chocolate or whatever. That is not why we have ploughed time and money into this place - we haven't worked damn hard so you can flame each other and make pointless threads about how your life sucks or why your other half dumped you etc. And by we, I mean every genuine DMC contributor to this site - not just the staff.

You are doing this site a grave injustice by treating it like your personal counselling forum or chat room - why did you join here? Was it to find like-minded DMC fans or was it to talk about who you shagged last night? If it was the latter, then you are in the wrong place.

This has to stop. For a long time you guys kept this place spam and chat free and it worked well. For some reason, it's become jammed with personal issues and discussions which serve no purpose in relation to DMC and this will have to stop. If there is a burning issue you want to talk about on a personal level, PM someone rather than make an entire thread devoted to your personal problems. Or why not make a usergroup for discussing problems? Keeps it off the boards but is still public enough for everyone to discuss...worth considering, at least...

If there is anything you wish to discuss, please feel free to talk it over with one of the staff via PM - it's what we're here for and your feedback is always welcome.

Ta.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I must apologize, as I know that I myself have been one to occasional talk nonsense... So all I shall say, is I apologize :)

The dark knight

I agree Angel. I also go a bit off topic from time to time. I personally don't think the spamming will stop. How about we revive a old area eh? A place called Mallet Island? We had that besides bloody palace.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
And we got rid of it because all people wanted to do was spam all day long and the rest of the forum was completely neglected, which defeated the object of even bothering to call this place devilmaycry.org...more like devilmayspam....

The dark knight

You kill all the fun! * starts to cry in corner* LOL Just kidding. I guess that is the reason why we closed it. It was just a thought.

Evil Nero

"Go ahead and talk about anything on your mind here, in the Devil May Cry lounge; whether it be movies, music, art, or anything else you wish."

Best change this then.
Was just a thought as it could be mis-leading as it does state "Anything on your mind here"
=]

and I too have been guilty of going of-topic. I apologize.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Rep+ to Angel for this.

Please let me add that by any chance this becomes the most popular thread in the forum (I sound strict and know-it-all but I'm talking from personal experience) it will be locked as well. And from now on I guess that any post that says personal/useless stuff in another section to some user (I'm referring to off topic posts) has the right to be deleted without notice since you can always say that stuff in here. So behave;)

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i should say sorry as well but in my threads i have been cracking down on this. sorry

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I admit I used to be a bit crazy & off topic in posting as well, not really that much since Mallet shut down though.

I give my sincerest apologies.

A bit of banter's alright, spam isn't. Lesson learned.;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It was a sub-forum dedicated to spamming your heart out, really. To try and keep people from getting insane post counts by simply saying one word posts in other areas of the boards or just going "lol". Provided it didn't break any of the other rules of the forum, you could post whatever you wanted - even a thread dedicated to how bored you are or that you just threw up or whatever.

Sadly, it grew more popular than any other area here and the rest of the boards became neglected so we had to shut it down. We have a spam area on projectego.net which is not as popular as the other forum topics so it's stayed open, but here it just wasn't working out as well.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Oh, I decided to create a social group based on talking about your personal issues.

It is called "Counseling"

Hopefully this will help.

Evil Nero

Black Angel;109066 said:
Oh, I decided to create a social group based on talking about your personal issues.

It is called "Counseling"

Hopefully this will help.

erm .. you just contradicted the whole point of this thread.
:\

Keaton

Premium
^because as said by Angel it was more popular than all the other DMC topics, which is the bane of all forums.

If there any anymore questions I suggest they be kept relevant, and not just dozens of 'bring back Mallet' posts eh? ^_o

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
We're all responsible to a degree as we all go off-topic from time to time. It's just when it reaches epic proportions that it becomes a problem. Not expecting perfection from you guys (I know, I know - it's impossible to be as infallible as me :p) just a little common sense, you know? I mean, if someone goes off topic you have the choice to deflect it ("PM me" etc), respond briefly - within reason - then get straight on topic ("Love that sig - but back to topic...") or ignore it. Randomness that isn't responded to dies very quickly...same with arguments.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Keaton;109409 said:
^because as said by Angel it was more popular than all the other DMC topics, which is the bane of all forums.

If there any anymore questions I suggest they be kept relevant, and not just dozens of 'bring back Mallet' posts eh? ^_o
Whats mallet?

Top Bottom