• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chatter on the boards

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It's a forum like Bloody Palace. It was created some time ago to keep every spam thread only in there. In the end it became the most popular board by far and was banished away:p

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It was put in place to try and filter out all the pointless chatter people engaged in such as "I got a cat! Woo!" type stuff. No one could increase their post count in there and it was unreadable by the search engines so there was nothing inviting about it other than you could post whatever (provided it didn't contravene the other rules of the site) and therefore avoid filling the rest of the forum with crap. But it became too popular and the rest of the site was neglected so people could shout "lol" at each other all day long - so we gots rid of it.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
i remember that...i think that was around for a while when i started posting here....i don't think i ever posted in it...lol

satan

I am Joe
I agree angel, it's like we've forgotten about why we all joined in the first place! But, maybe the reason we talk to each other so openly about such personal subjects like that is because we feel at one with one another through our love of the japanese ass-kicker that is DMC!!

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Wouldn't an Off Topic section work for discussing generally off topic stuff be a good idea, you could even remove post count for that section...

I don't know, just a suggestion. Don't flame me if this has been mentioned before I am still kinda new to the forums here. Just recently started posting, well today in fact.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
well everyone has spammed before , more than others :p

and i think i have cut down on it since i read the message that angel said

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
VeNGeD;155932 said:
Wouldn't an Off Topic section work for discussing generally off topic stuff be a good idea, you could even remove post count for that section...

I don't know, just a suggestion. Don't flame me if this has been mentioned before I am still kinda new to the forums here. Just recently started posting, well today in fact.

There was one in the past. When it was proposed it looked like a great idea and everyone was supporting it, even the Staff. As you say, post count would not rise if someone posted there. However, after a few days, weeks maybe, something quite uneccessary happened.

Posts and threads in the important parts of the forum (the Devil May Cry places) became fewer and fewer, while "worthless" (worthless to a Devil May Cry foum I mean) threads and posts kept appearing in that off topic section making the forum more active than it ever was, but active on off topic subjects nevertheless. Even the Devil May Cry 4 section (which was the most active as DMC4 was not out back then and everyone kept asking stuff or posting new information) stopped having any attention at all.

Therefore we dropped the off topic section to see whether it was the cause of the DMC boards being inactive, and guess what? After it was closed, the DMC boards became "alive" again. ;)

Oh, and congratulations on your first posting day. Just thought I'd inform you about the whole thing^_^

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Tony_Redgrave;156013 said:
There was one in the past. When it was proposed it looked like a great idea and everyone was supporting it, even the Staff. As you say, post count would not rise if someone posted there. However, after a few days, weeks maybe, something quite uneccessary happened.

Posts and threads in the important parts of the forum (the Devil May Cry places) became fewer and fewer, while "worthless" (worthless to a Devil May Cry foum I mean) threads and posts kept appearing in that off topic section making the forum more active than it ever was, but active on off topic subjects nevertheless. Even the Devil May Cry 4 section (which was the most active as DMC4 was not out back then and everyone kept asking stuff or posting new information) stopped having any attention at all.

Therefore we dropped the off topic section to see whether it was the cause of the DMC boards being inactive, and guess what? After it was closed, the DMC boards became "alive" again. ;)

Oh, and congratulations on your first posting day. Just thought I'd inform you about the whole thing^_^
Really late reply here, but thanks for the info.

Top Bottom