• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom releases DMC 5, will you support it (buy at mid-high price)?

Will you support DMC 5 by buying the game at a mid-high price?

• I will buy it when its below 20 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pirate it if there is PC release

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Not your fault. Your not the only who reacted, so don't be harsh with yourself^_^

Also, come and join the party.:D
I'm bringing drinks. Coke, beer and... What do you guys want? I'm just heading to the supermarket. :troll:

tumblr_mhmrucm3eV1s12a4ro1_1280_zps56488bee.png

IncarnatedDemon

You are not getting my point. I am NOT telling you to accept the reboot. If I did, you'd be completely right in saying I am pushing my 'morals' on you. (although morals is not the appropriate word for this, 'kind of love' is maybe better. My fault for using it.)

Maybe saying "that's your call" was not the right expression (not a native English speaker, so I may have got the meaning of that expression wrong, and for that I sincerely apologize :( ).

Let's put it like this.
MY kind of love, my way of being a fan, allows me to accept a replacement. YOUR kind of love, your way of being a fan, does not
Lyssec, you say your love accepts a replacement correct?

Hypothetically DmC reboot was replaced with another game or a reboot of DmC.

Would your love still accept that?

LysseC

Lyssec, you say your love accepts a replacement correct?

Hypothetically DmC reboot was replaced with another game or a reboot of DmC.

Would your love still accept that?
Why not?
Yes, I would be sorry DmC didn't get a sequel. I would maybe be angry for a while, even. But then, I would give this hypothetical dMc a try, and, if I find it good I will probably come to love it as well.

Drugs....only drugs. I'm happy with only drugs...and Dante. Try and find him too:troll:
I'll have to find Vergil too.
Since I'm out there searching, any other requests? I'm phoning Jaime Lannister and Cesare Borgia too, so just tell me if I have to phone someone else. I have free calls on my phone. :troll:

IncarnatedDemon

Why not?
Yes, I would be sorry DmC didn't get a sequel. I would maybe be angry for a while, even. But then, I would give this hypothetical dMc a try, and, if I find it good I will probably come to love it as well.
And if you dont like it, will you still accept it replacing DmC?

LysseC

And if you dont like it, will you still accept it replacing DmC?
I'd be sorry, disappointed. Maybe angry. But, oh well, I can't have everything I want in life, can I? And surely I would be wary of openly saying someone is not a DmC fan as me for liking dMc, if that is the next question you are going to ask.

IncarnatedDemon

I'd be sorry, disappointed. Maybe angry. But, oh well, I can't have everything I want in life, can I? And surely I would be wary of openly saying someone is not a DmC fan as me for liking dMc, if that is the next question you are going to ask.
I am not saying your not a multi fan. You are.

But i don´t think you´ve gone through the same thing as those who have been fan prior to DmC.
And reason i also excluded multi fans from poll is because i dont think someone can truly be fan of both DmC and DMC equally.

e.g what if you had to make a decision: Capcom would either release a DmC or DMC game from now on, and you impacted their decision:
Would you say DmC
, would you say DMC

or would you say "I want both, if you cant give me both then dont release any DmC or DMC game".

And if Capcom said "You sure? We´re serious, we wont release anything if you say so"

Then would you still hold to your answer and say "I am positive i dont want DmC to exist without DMC or vice versa".

And as such i believe people who have become multi fans may let their bias of enjoying DmC the reboot influence whether they would support DMC 5 or not after what Capcom did to DMC fans and the original serie´s character.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Since I'm out there searching, any other requests? I'm phoning Jaime Lannister and Cesare Borgia too, so just tell me if I have to phone someone else. I have free calls on my phone. :troll:
Yes, ask all of them to the party, especially Jamie Lannister...I would also like John Snow and Drogo...and more drugs:p

I wouldn't mind either way.

I love classic DMC, I grew up with it, so the games are special to me.
Got to admit, I was angry about DmC, but I grew to like that too. But, honestly, if they do not have the same team working on it, I would only want DmC to exist with no sequel.

However, I would also like DMC5. It was unfair how they left the plot unfinished.

If it has to be DMC5 made instead of DmC2, then that's fine by me. I would be happy to see how the story ends.

But i don´t think you´ve gone through the same thing as those who have been fan prior to DmC.
And reason i also excluded multi fans from poll is because i dont think someone can truly be fan of both DmC and DMC equally.
It's all about what you think. But you have no idea what goes on in someone elses head. You can't say that you know a dual fan doesn't like DmC as much as DMC or DMC as much as DmC. How do you know how people feel? -- You don't.

And as such i believe people who have become multi fans may let their bias of enjoying DmC the reboot influence whether they would support DMC 5 or not after what Capcom did to DMC fans and the original serie´s character.
And that's what I was getting at before, but you denied it. I said that you thought fans of DmC would have a tainted view towards DMC5 being made.
Think what you want, but you're wrong.

Having said that, I find this quote appropriate:
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'
So think what you want, but as you can see, a few of us on here don't agree with you and you have to accept that, instead of forcing your ideas about who is a fan and who can vote.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm on holiday right now so I'm going to keep this light - just keep an eye on tempers when you feel someone is trying to push your buttons, guys, ok?

This can get out of hand real quick and nobody wants that :)

I'm going to go and drink my cocktail now. Have a good evening now :)

IncarnatedDemon

And that's what I was getting at before, but you denied it. I said that you thought fans of DmC would have a tainted view towards DMC5 being made.
I didnt deny anything. You assumed i excluded DmC and multi fans because you thought by doing that i would get the desired voting results, preorder price, but you are completely wrong.

I think multi fans have a bias that would make them support Capcom because they might have enjoyed DmC and thus they arent to bothered with what Capcom did before, during and after DmC.

And poll wasnt meant to ask DmC fans for whether they would support DMC 5 or not. I didnt care about that, and thats not what my intentions with poll was, hence why i wanted the poll to be strictly DMC fans.
Thats why i said if your not qualified please dont vote.
i.e asking you to respect the reason why i made the poll.

LysseC

Girl, I have been a HATER. Truly. I reveled in seeing pics in which DmC Dante got skewered by DMC Dante. Ask my boyfriend what my reaction was when I saw posters advertising DmC in my Gamestop.
So please, do not think you can read my mind. You have no such psychic powers. Or, if you have them, you are using it quite poorly in this case.Thanks.

e.g what if you had to make a decision: Capcom would either release a DmC or DMC game from now on, and you impacted their decision:
If I was Capcom's CEO, I'd say whatever they think sells best (and possibly would help reuniting the fanbase, even if I don't think it possible).

If this new entry in the franchise was to be a gift for me and me alone, and once I made my choice only the version I choose would be continued.... I don't honestly know what to choose.
Even if right now I'd say DmC2, because I am fresh out of Vergil's Downfall, I would however contemplate the fact that I want to know more about Nero and DMC Vergil, and that maybe in the future I would come to give those considerations more importance.
So I think I'd toss a coin. Saying nothing would be stupid because I would get nothing, and I would be happy with a DmC2 but also with a DMC5. Whatever suits them.

And I CAN agree that an answer given by a multi fan (I appreciate this new way of talking about the group I am part of :) ) would be influenced (not biased, biased gives me the feeling you are once again considering one person's tastes better than another's) by this fact. Mine surely is. I understand that you are curious about what people that don't like the reboot think of Capcom.
What I criticize, however, is that
1. you seem to attach a judgement of value to this (multi fans being lesser fans)
2. creating a poll like this in an open forum, which is a place for free discussion between all people who are willing to engage in civilized conversation, may not be a great choice, for the very fact that the forum is open. Especially if you justify your request by passing judgements of value. I'm sure there are more polite ways to find the answers you are searching for, for example asking those people whose opinion you want to know directly, by PM or with a post on their profiles.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I didnt deny anything. You assumed i excluded DmC and multi fans because you thought by doing that i would get the desired voting results, preorder price, but you are completely wrong.
But you're saying that you only want DMC fans to vote because they would be more likely to want DMC5, meaning that they would be more likely to buy it.
I think multi fans have a bias that would make them support Capcom because they might have enjoyed DmC and thus they arent to bothered with what Capcom did before, during and after DmC.
Of course fans are bothered with what comes after DmC; whether it is DMC5 or DmC too, fans of all or fans of only one will be bothered.
And what is wrong with supporting Capcom? How is that a bias? If Capcom is not supported by fans then there will be no more games.
Plus, you're wrong about fans of DmC not being bothered with DMC. I'm a fan of both, DMC since I was a teenager, so of course I am bothered with what comes after DmC, be it DMC5 or DmC. And just because I like DmC doesn't mean I suddenly no longer care about DMC1,2,3 or 4. I'm playing DMC3 right now.
Please take your baseless assumptions away. You are wrong.
And poll wasnt meant to ask DmC fans for whether they would support DMC 5 or not. I didnt care about that, and thats not what my intentions with poll was, hence why i wanted the poll to be strictly DMC fans.
Thats why i said if your not qualified please dont vote.
i.e asking you to respect the reason why i made the poll.
You never made that clear, so how was anyone supposed to know.
Besides, you've made it an open poll now, so your point is moot. Therefore, we can all vote, therefore you should no longer have a problem with this because of your own admission that DmC fans could now vote.

Besides, this is a forum for everyone. Who are you to decide who takes part in this? Are you a mod or an admin? No.

Plus, you do know that people who got into DmC through DmC have bought the DMC HD collection ad actually want to play the other games and get to know the story. So new fans of DMC are being made because of DmC. Or don't you care about that?
You just think whatever you want to think about who is qualified to be a fan of DMC, and keep thinking that. You're all on your own with this one. Good luck.

IncarnatedDemon

You may play DmC and had fun with it. Enjoyed it. Put a smile on your face. Then when someone talked about Capcom, despite Capcom´s bad acts you might be critically soft on them.

Yes, this forum is open. But i never told DmC or multi fans to not comment.

You surprise me, i dont think many multi fans would give an answer like yours "I will flip a coin". I could continue and give you a ultimatium, but i think that wont be necessary.

That does not mean i view every multi fan in same way as i view you.

Perhaps its possible for someone to be fan of both DmC and DMC EQUALLY. Perhaps...

IncarnatedDemon

Speaking of respect Loopy which has been a topic in this thread.

Do you think your being respectful towards me by assuming that because i ask only DMC fans to vote that means i want that to influence the poll positively?
Click on the "10-15 dollar" option. Who voted that?

I did.
Which goes against your assumption that reason i asked strictly DMC fans to take part in poll is so taht the poll
will be only preorder price votes.

I am seriously frustrated at how you can assume that and still keep bringing it up.
Shall i go as far as say i am offended?

And if your going to talk or discuss with me, you should take notes from Lyssec (everyone should).

Dont use bold text
Dont write in the quotes
And generally stop assuming things and instead ask me.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
What a coincidence. Jaime Lannister and Cesare Borgia had an incestuous relationship with their respective sister.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You may play DmC and had fun with it. Enjoyed it. Put a smile on your face. Then when someone talked about Capcom, despite Capcom´s bad acts you might be critically soft on them.
I enjoyed DmC, but it certainly has its faults and there's no hiding that. There's room to improve, that's for sure.
Yes, this forum is open. But i never told DmC or multi fans to not comment.
You said they couldn't vote, that's the issue.
You surprise me, i dont think many multi fans would give an answer like yours "I will flip a coin". I could continue and give you a ultimatium, but i think that wont be necessary.
I'm not flipping a coin. And why would you want to threaten me with an ultimatum? That's just weird.
That does not mean i view every multi fan in same way as i view you.

Perhaps its possible for someone to be fan of both DmC and DMC EQUALLY. Perhaps...
Yes, it is possible. Why else would I be all over this forum talking in-depth about all the DMC games. I like to talk about them, analyse the plot and find out tips for improving my stylish ranking from other players on here.

Speaking of respect Loopy which has been a topic in this thread.
Yes, a topic people have called you out on- not me.
Do you think your being respectful towards me by assuming that because i ask only DMC fans to vote that means i want that to influence the poll positively?
Click on the "10-15 dollar" option. Who voted that?
Yes, I do, and yes you do want the poll to be infuenced positively because you seem to think that only DMC fans will want to buy the game, not DmC fans or dual fans.
I did.
Which goes against your assumption that reason i asked strictly DMC fans to take part in poll is so taht the poll
will be only preorder price votes.
No it doesn't.
I am seriously frustrated at how you can assume that and still keep bringing it up.
Shall i go as far as say i am offended?
Go for it. Be offended. It's only a forum. Not my problem if your feeling offended in real life over and exchange of words un a virtual domain.
Besides, if you look back at this topic and others, you'll see how many other members you've offended. If you dish it out, prepare to take it.

And if your going to talk or discuss with me, you should take notes from Lyssec (everyone should).
You had a go at Lyssec in other topics, so at least Lyssec is still willing to try and talk sense to you. Others are not so tolerant of you. As for me, I'm being more polite than others who have called you 'mentally unhinged' and posted memes at you. Take a look back at other topics, and you'll see.
Dont use bold text
Dont write in the quotes I do this for all replies to quotes for the sake of convenience. You're not a special case-- trust me.
And generally stop assuming things and instead ask me.
I can respond as I please. Don't tell me what to do. Do you think you're my Mommy?:lol:
What a coincidence. Jaime Lannister and Cesare Borgia had an incestuous relationship with their respective sister.
Heh- you're right. Nice connection there.:p

IncarnatedDemon

Yes your being respectful towards me by assuming something that´s not true?
Didn´t i just tell you i am offended by that? Do you think i take offense because of nothing.

WHAT YOU ASSSUME IS NOT TRUE!

Why would i vote 10-15 dollars if the aim of the poll was to get people to vote positively dollar wise as you assume?
You even assume i think only DMC fan would buy a DMC game. That is laughable. Let me express how frustrated and much i laugh at your assumptions (because they are not true):

GIF expressing my reaction to you assuming i think only DMC fans would buy a DMC game:

1zdy1k.jpg

GIF expressing my frustration with you assuming that i wante the poll results to be positive hence why i asked DMC fans only for their vote:
I+imagine+him+going+around+in+the+fire+nation+royal+_3ca4113bbc96714f01dcf5729ecf08fe.gif

And this is my response to our talk

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yes your being respectful towards me by assuming something that´s not true? Hey, at least I'm not calling you names like other on here have in various topics and memes.
Didn´t i just tell you i am offended by that? Do you think i take offense because of nothing.
You are being offended over nothing. I don't agree with you and for some reason this offends you...
WHAT YOU ASSSUME IS NOT TRUE!

Why would i vote 10-15 dollars if the aim of the poll was to get people to vote positively dollar wise as you assume?
You even assume i think only DMC fan would buy a DMC game. That is laughable. Let me express how frustrated and much i laugh at your assumptions (because they are not true):
But that's what your getting at by only allowing DMC fans to vote. I'm not the only one who got this impression.

So, when you can't argue properly, you post GIFs...
You're the only one laughing at me. I don't see anyone else doing it. Enjoy your exclusive club, members: One-- you.

GIF expressing my reaction to you assuming i think only DMC fans would buy a DMC game:

1zdy1k.jpg

Ah, anime...the last resort to prove a point....cute....

GIF expressing my frustration with you assuming that i wante the poll results to be positive hence why i asked DMC fans only for their vote:
I+imagine+him+going+around+in+the+fire+nation+royal+_3ca4113bbc96714f01dcf5729ecf08fe.gif

I can't see that image. It's asking me to go to 'funnyjunk' so your attempt at whatever you are attempting is lost on me. Nice try.:troll:

And this is my response to our talk
At least I could see that...unlike whatever you posted above. Now, let's see if you stick to that, walk away and don't respond to me.

Sometimes I wonder if you are just a very good troll considering you annoy people on here on a regular basis.

LysseC

Heh, I know. Coincidence, I swear! :p
(However, if you guys want to know, I was talking about Cesare from the show The Borgias. The one in my sig. I want to be the Lucrezia of that show. Current crush. Ok, NOW I SWEAR I STOP FANGIRLING. Sorry guys.)

Top Bottom