• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom releases DMC 5, will you support it (buy at mid-high price)?

Will you support DMC 5 by buying the game at a mid-high price?

• I will buy it when its below 20 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pirate it if there is PC release

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I want to find out if DMC fans prior to reboot would still support Capcom after the reboot.

There is a restriction on whether you should vote or not:
- You cant be a DmC fan: so if your both DMC and DmC fan - then ur not qualified.

And you must be a DMC fan prior to DmC reboot.

So if your qualified to voting i encourage you to vote :)
If your not qualified leave a comment!

I made the poll after someone said "DMC fanboys will support DMC 5 when its released", so i was curious whether DMC fans (people who are fans of DMC serie only) would still support DMC 5 or not and on what level.

DMC fans arent 12 year old girls you know :p
Why would any one let the chance to play as old Dante again slip, just because capcom decided to reboot the series.
DMC 5 will be like the best thing to happen if it is made.

rocketvergil

I liked the part where you ignored him insulting DmC, yet got mad at him for insulting DMC. Very hypocritical.
I actually LoLed at myself after realising he also insulted DmC. Too bad I had already posted my opinion I was about to edit my post too :p.

sorry my bad

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
You dont just come into a DMC forum and insult it!!!!!!!!!!!
That's just wrong.

But yet some many people can go into the DmC forum and insult that?

I'm just putting out my two cents of what I think about the series. I like DMC, but for the most part, it's a bit of a let down of a series for me. However, I still like the gameplay.

rocketvergil

But yet some many people can go into the DmC forum and insult that?

I'm just putting out my two cents of what I think about the series. I like DMC, but for the most part, it's a bit of a let down of a series for me. However, I still like the gameplay.
Yes I know a lot of people do that, but just because people other people become ignorant doesnt mean that you should be too. You're still new to the forums so you should know this. There is also a thread by dark drakan in the DmC section urging people not to go there and just bitch about the game. But I am confused why did you join this forum in the first place, if you dont like DMC or DmC?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I've been a fan of this series since it first came out. I played the Devil May Cry demo when it came with Code Veronica X. I bought Devil May Cry 1 in August of 2001. I bought every game that came out afterwards in this series and beat them all at least once. I can't remember how many times I actually played through DMC 1 and 3 but I know it's in the double digits.Devil May Cry 1 in my opinion is the best in the series.

However, I had a lot of fun with DmC and don't hate it. I think it did some good things that even surpassed the originals in some aspects. Not my favorite game in the series but it surely isn't bad.

Because I like DmC though, I'm not good enough. I evidently don't get what Devil May Cry is about. Even though I've stuck with this series since the inception and know more about it than the average fan. Whatever man. This is a Devil May Cry forum and DmC is still a Devil May Cry game so duhhhh it's going to be a part of the forum.

Some of you are acting like a special breed of fans just because hate DmC. You're not part of the fandom, you're part of the fandumb.

Bazilican

Yes I know a lot of people do that, but just because people other people become ignorant doesnt mean that you should be too. You're still new to the forums so you should know this. There is also a thread by dark drakan in the DmC section urging people not to go there and just bitch about the game. But I am confused why did you join this forum in the first place, if you dont like DMC or DmC?

says who?

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
IncarnatedDemon, I'm going to say this once and for all, just to make clear my take on this matter, then I fear I'll have to stop posting in this thread because I would simply get angry, which I don't want to.

I DO see a purpose in your delimiting this poll to DMC fans who do not like DmC. You want to know if someone would still buy a game even if the company that made it at one point decided to reboot it in a way that one did not like. So it could make sense you asking that people who like DmC abstain from answering, because the underlined part in their case would not be present.

However, I have two points that are questionable in your making such a poll here, and in your attitude.

1. Such a poll could have been done in a much more polite way (since we are in an open forum whose purpose is discussion, not market studies) by simply asking to specify, in one's comment, if he liked the reboot, or providing an ampler choice of options in the poll that specified, for example 'Yes, I'd buy it even if the reboot came out".

2. Even worse, what I cannot accept is you shifting, from time to time, to judgements of value about the fact that if one likes DmC is (however you phrase it, the idea is always the same) lesser of a fan.
Once again, there is no purity in being a fan. The is not a truer fan than another. THERE ARE NO RANKS, no matter how you look at things.
If you can't help but feel part of an group of higher level fans, just because you dislike DmC, well, I can't simply put it out of your head, but I would ask you not to act on this thought of yours. Know that this way of thinking is a lot unrespectful of other people's tastes.
I already read your posts about this matter, and I got the impression that you are pushing your personal judgement on this matter (your feeling of being betrayed by Capcom for abandoning DMC) onto others. You feel that way, others do not. Respect those others by not belittling them in your posts. They LOVE this franchise. They LOVE DMC. Love just comes in different forms and ways, and there is not a purer form of love than another, in this case.
Or else, one should start drawing distinctions between fans who love this franchise because of gameplay vs fans who love it because of the characters, fans who love it because of the atmosphere and so on. There are no ranks between those 'kinds' of fans.

So, please, even if I recognize that the distinction between DMC fans who like and dislike DmC may have a relevance for the result of the poll (however questionable making a poll like this in this forum could be), I have to ask you something: DO NOT ATTACH JUDGEMENTS OF VALUE to this distinction by implying that DMC fans who came to like the reboot became 'corrupted' because of this and cannot be considered true DMC fans anymore. Once again, it's really unrespectful of them.

IncarnatedDemon

^ I don't think those who became fan after DmC have had the same attatchment to original serie.
Furthermore if your attatched to DMC how could you then give DmC a chance - a reboot that possibly could have replaced DMC?

And before you say "DmC wasnt meant to replace DMC", i can argument for why that is untrue, and that Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC.
And based on this, if your a DMC fan and you give DmC a chance knowing it could replace DMC, then how are you truly a DMC fan if you ignore the fact it could be replaced?

It's like saying "Hey i am a DMC fan (speaking of DMC only) but ill give DmC the reboot a chance even though it may replace DMC and i will never see DMC serie again".
Do you see the paradox?
And based on this reasoning i do not think its right to ask those who consider them both DMC and DmC fan.

Capcom is a business, only someone who is naive would think that Capcom would continue with DMC serie if DmC had sold 3M units. If it did i bet you we wouldnt see DMC for over 5+ years until one day Capcom deciddes "Hey lets bring back that game and play on the old fan base".

But circumstances are different, DmC sold 1.1m not 3M. Didn't even sell 2M which is a pretty good foundation for releasing DmC 2.

NOW if you want me to explain why i believe Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC i will explain that.

I had a intention with the poll, ask strictly DMC fans, which there seems to be very few.
And even though i asked people to be respectful and not vote if they werent strictly DMC fans, many people voted regardless of what i said.
Your speaking of respect right? That shows you how respect is like.
Did i tell DmC or multi fans to not comment? No. I encouraged it!

And on my other poll thread the voting is for everyone. Just because DmC fans or multi fans feel disrespected isnt my issue.
I never said anything bad to them.

rocketvergil

^ I don't think those who became fan after DmC have had the same attatchment to original serie.
Furthermore if your attatched to DMC how could you then give DmC a chance - a reboot that possibly could have replaced DMC?

And before you say "DmC wasnt meant to replace DMC", i can argument for why that is untrue, and that Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC.
And based on this, if your a DMC fan and you give DmC a chance knowing it could replace DMC, then how are you truly a DMC fan if you ignore the fact it could be replaced?

It's like saying "Hey i am a DMC fan (speaking of DMC only) but ill give DmC the reboot a chance even though it may replace DMC and i will never see DMC serie again".
Do you see the paradox?
And based on this reasoning i do not think its right to ask those who consider them both DMC and DmC fan.

Capcom is a business, only someone who is naive would think that Capcom would continue with DMC serie if DmC had sold 3M units. If it did i bet you we wouldnt see DMC for over 5+ years until one day Capcom deciddes "Hey lets bring back that game and play on the old fan base".

But circumstances are different, DmC sold 1.1m not 3M. Didn't even sell 2M which is a pretty good foundation for releasing DmC 2.

NOW if you want me to explain why i believe Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC i will explain that.

I had a intention with the poll, ask strictly DMC fans, which there seems to be very few.
And even though i asked people to be respectful and not vote if they werent strictly DMC fans, many people voted regardless of what i said.
Your speaking of respect right? That shows you how respect is like.
Did i tell DmC or multi fans to not comment? No. I encouraged it!

And on my other poll thread the voting is for everyone. Just because DmC fans or multi fans feel disrespected isnt my issue.
I never said anything bad to them.
You are really going overboard with your immature logic. This thread needs to be locked.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
This is the only relevant thing to your post here, and the answer is YES, because I STILL LOVE IT.
As I said, love comes in different forms, and some of this forms CAN ACCEPT that a thing can be replaced. A game is not a person, you know. I cannot accept that a person I love is killed, but, gawd, there is a difference between PEOPLE and GAMES. And there is a difference between killing and not getting a sequel, too.

I am not asking you to be happy that DMC was replaced. I am not asking you to like DmC. If YOU cannot accept your game to be replaced, than that is YOUR call.
What I am asking, is to respect other people's love for the series, for DMC. Stop pushing your strict morals on anyone else. Stop deciding who is a true fan and who is not. Stop judging people because they use different standards then yours. Stop saying I am not a DMC fan simply because I like something else.

And if, deep inside, you cannot stop thinking in terms of true fans, then at least stop filling your posts with that logic, because, once again, this is completely NON RESPECTFUL. Why is it non respectful? Because it is pushing your parameters for value judgements upon others, while discussing a topic that it is of non vital importance (it's a GAME we are talking about, not matters of life and death).

Edit:
And please take note that
1. I did not even question that DmC was a replacement.
2. In my previous post I even said that I could AGREE with your need to ask ONLY DMC fans. (Even if I think that this poll was not THE RIGHT WAY to do it). When I am talking about respect, I am talking about imposing one's morals (see the concluding part of this post). That's why it is YOU who failed in the first place. That said, I admit that I personally read your request not to vote later, that's why I voted in the poll (and since in the OP you stated that it was people who knew DmC first who shouldn't vote, I would have been qualified for the poll, by that criterion).

rocketvergil

I mean who says I can't be here just because I don't worship every little thing in both DMC and DmC?
No one said you cant be here. Im just confused, of all the things you could do in your free time, why would you want to waste it on a forum of a game you dont like that much?

Bazilican

No one said you cant be here. Im just confused, of all the things you could do in your free time, why would you want to waste it on a forum of a game you dont like that much?

No, I do like DMC, I just don't like a lot of thing it does that a lot of other people do. That happens a lot with my choice of video games.:/

IncarnatedDemon

This is the only relevant thing to your post here, and the answer is YES, because I STILL LOVE IT.
As I said, love comes in different forms, and some of this forms CAN ACCEPT that a thing can be replaced. A game is not a person, you know. I cannot accept that a person I love is killed, but, gawd, there is a difference between PEOPLE and GAMES. And there is a difference between killing and not getting a sequel, too.

I am not asking you to be happy that DMC was replaced. I am not asking you to like DmC. If YOU cannot accept your game to be replaced, than that is YOUR call.
What I am asking, is to respect other people's love for the series, for DMC. Stop pushing your strict morals on anyone else. Stop deciding who is a true fan and who is not. Stop judging people because they use different standards then yours. Stop saying I am not a DMC fan simply because I like something else.

And if, deep inside, you cannot stop thinking in terms of true fans, then at least stop filling your posts with that logic, because, once again, this is completely NON RESPECTFUL. Why is it non respectful? Because it is pushing your parameters for value judgements upon others, while discussing a topic that it is of non vital importance (it's a GAME we are talking about, not matters of life and death).
Your telling me to stop pushing my morals on others, yet you tell me to accept something i dont want to accept? What the hell is that supposed to be "If you cant accept it then thats your call", what is it wrong for me to not accept something being replaced?
Because DMC is not a human its all of sudden ok to accept a reboot?

No...just because love comes in the form that it can accept things does not mean that this kind of love applies to DmC replacing DMC. That is just you applying that kind of love to it.
And perhaps that kind of love that you apply to "DmC replacing DMC" comes from the fact you are a major DmC fan and thus you dont mind DmC replacing DMC.
But what about those who arent major DmC fans like you? Should they accept DMC being replaced by DmC just because YOU feel that accepting it is ok?

At end of day if fans had to make a choice: DmC or DMC.
That will define what serie we are MORE fan of.

But noone will accept this. Everyone is in their naive world of "Capcom will make DmC and DMC at same time!".

Top Bottom