• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom releases DMC 5, will you support it (buy at mid-high price)?

Will you support DMC 5 by buying the game at a mid-high price?

• I will buy it when its below 20 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pirate it if there is PC release

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Demon, you're spewing so much crap that someone may mistake this thread for a septic tank.
please-stop-it.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
No, just not a fan of it.
I'm a fan of DmC and DMC. So by your logic, I wouldn't be allowed to vote....a little late for that now though....

So do you assume that only fans of classic DMC will buy a possible DMC5? You know that some of the classic DMC fans feel so betrayed by DmC that they have openly said that they will not buy DMC5 if it is made just to teach Capcom a lesson.

And do you assume that people who are fans of DmC, who discovered classic DMC because of that would not buy DMC5?

And you you think that fans of DmC would not want to buy DMC5 and try something new?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That's ok, i figured it was already to late.

Was my fault for not being clear about it.
I would have voted anyway, regardless.

You're assuming that only classic DMC fans would want to buy DMC5. I've said in my other post that some classic DMC fans feel so betrayed by Capcom over DmC that they will not buy DMC5 if it does get made to teach Capcom a lesson.

Also, as I said, maybe DmC fans would want to try DMC5.

And you seem to think that liking DmC somehow taints their view on buying DMC5. That's just plain odd. So fans of DmC and DMC5 are not allowed to vote, even if they give you the answer that you want (day one purchase at full price I assume.)

Just how does being a fan of both DMC and DmC have an effect on whether a person would consider a day one purchase at full price VS the other options in the poll?

Where are you coming from with this? Explain why people who are fans of both are not allowed to vote.

IncarnatedDemon

I would have voted anyway, regardless.
Your issue if you dont respect the reason why the poll was made.

You're assuming that only classic DMC fans would want to buy DMC5.
Where have i done that?

I've said in my other post that classic DMC fans feel so betrayed by Capcom over DmC that they will not buy DMC5 if it does get made to teach Capcom a lesson.
This is what i tried to shed light on with the poll.

Also, as I said, maybe DmC fans would want to try DMC5.
Thats good but what does that have to do with the aim of the poll?

And you seem to think that liking DmC somehow taints their view on buying DMC5. That's just plain odd.
It's like a paradox how someone can be fan of DMC, and also be fan of DmC even though DmC would have replaced DMC if the sales were decent i.e 2.5m+. Anyway i wanted to see what people who were strictly DMC fans would do.

So fans of DmC and DMC5 are not allowed to vote, even if they give you the answer that you want (day one purchase at full price I assume.)
But fans of DmC and fans who are both DmC and DMC fan can comment. As for me wanting a certain "answer", you assume wrong.

Just how does being a fan of both DMC and DmC have an effect on whether a person would consider a day one purchase at full price VS the other options in the poll?
I dont know, and i dont care. I just wanted to see what people who think of themself as DMC fan only would do if a DMC 5 was released.

Where are you coming from with this? Explain why people who are fans of both are not allowed to vote.
Consider this: if your fan of DMC then you dont want that serie to end unaturally or have its characters be put on a shelf. Now i dont have evidence or solid proof but many things point to that DmC was meant to replace DMC had the sales been good for the reboot. So if your a DMC fan and you have common sense and your aware of this, then how can you truly be a DMC fan if you support a reboot that may replace DMC?
I understand because i am not a DmC fan you and i collide from time to time. But as i said reason why i created poll was to find out what DMC only fans would do if a DMC game was released. Would they support it to a big degree,pirate it or even worse: ignore it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Your issue if you dont respect the reason why the poll was made.
You did not make this clear in the OP that you only wanted DMC fans who are also not fans of DmC....even if the result would be a day one purchase at full price.
Where have i done that?
And you have assumed that only classic DMC fans would buy DMC5 by the very premise of this poll- asking for only DMC fans to vote which would suggest that you only think that DMC fans would buy DMC5.
Consider this: if your fan of DMC then you dont want that serie to end unaturally or have its characters be put on a shelf. Now i dont have evidence or solid proof but many things point to that DmC was meant to replace DMC had the sales been good for the reboot. So if your a DMC fan and you have common sense and your aware of this, then how can you truly be a DMC fan if you support a reboot that may replace DMC?
I don't want the DMC games to end, however, as you say, there is no proof that DmC will or was ever intended to replace classic DMC. In fact, in interviews and on this forum, it has been mentioned that the creators want to keep their options open for DMC5.
Ah, and now you are accusing me of lacking in common sense and if I am truly a DMC fan. Please stop with this true fan rubbish. I can like what I want, and my likes happen to be DmC and DMC. I don't see the problem. Don't try and accuse me of being less of a fan because I like both games.
I understand because i am not a DmC fan you and i collide from time to time. But as i said reason why i created poll was to find out what DMC only fans would do if a DMC game was released. Would they support it to a big degree,pirate it or even worse: ignore it.
No, it has nothing to do with you being or not being a DmC fan. Stop grasping at straws. Maybe I just disagree with you. This is the internet, and like real life, people will not agree with you and will let you know about it.

IncarnatedDemon

You did not make this clear in the OP that you only wanted DMC fans who are also not fans of DmC....even if the result would be a day one purchase at full price.
After i explained things, you said you would have voted regardless of what the poll asked of you. And can i ask why you keep bringing up day one purchase at full price option?

And you have assumed that only classic DMC fans would buy DMC5 by the very premise of this poll- asking for only DMC fans to vote which would suggest that you only think that DMC fans would buy DMC5.
So if a train company does a questionnaire where they ask youths about trains as transport, does that mean the train company thinks only youth use train as transport?

I don't want the DMC games to end, however, as you say, there is no proof that DmC will or was ever intended to replace classic DMC. In fact, in interviews and on this forum, it has been mentioned that the creators want to keep their options open for DMC5.
Ah, and now you are accusing me of lacking in common sense and if I am truly a DMC fan. Please stop with this true fan rubbish. I can like what I want, and my likes happen to be DmC and DMC. I don't see the problem. Don't try and accuse me of being less of a fan because I like both games.
You assume to much. First of all i haven't said you lack common sense, but i think your being to naive about business. And there isnt a solid proof, but there is things that Capcom have done that would make most people come to a conclusion that Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC had the sales been right.
I can elaborate in detail if you want that.

No, it has nothing to do with you being or not being a DmC fan. Stop grasping at straws. Maybe I just disagree with you. This is the internet, and like real life, people will not agree with you and will let you know about it.
You assumed i thought only DMC fans would buy a DMC 5. And it seems you even assume that i want people who can vote to vote "Full price !" for DMC 5.
And thank you for that speech about internet, if i did like you...i could go ahead and assume that you think i am stupid?

See what assuming something does?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
After i explained things, you said you would have voted regardless of what the poll asked of you. And can i ask why you keep bringing up day one purchase at full price option?
Because that option is the best outcome for DMC5, therefore, the one you would want as it would ensure the success of DMC5.

So if a train company does a questionnaire where they ask youths about trains as transport, does that mean the train company thinks only youth use train as transport?
They are two different things. Trains and games have no correclation. That's like saying McDonald's give out a survey when the same customers might also eat at Burger King or Pizza Hut.

You assume to much. First of all i haven't said you lack common sense, but i think your being to naive about business. And there isnt a solid proof, but there is things that Capcom have done that would make most people come to a conclusion that Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC had the sales been right.
Now who's assuming when you say DmC was meant to replace DMC.
I'm being naive about business. That's a good one. I know how business works. I also said that Capcom are keeping their options open. I do not know how that is naive. A company does keep their options open in case of low sales like DmC. Capcom would not want to shut the door on DMC5 completely...just as well considering how DmC sold under the target.

You assumed i thought only DMC fans would buy a DMC 5. And it seems you even assume that i want people who can vote to vote "Full price !" for DMC 5.
Yes because that's what your poll is all about; DMC fans, not DmC fans or fans of both, just DMC fans. So that would conculde that you only think DMC fans would buy DMC5. You also wanted to exclude fans of DmC and fans of both wich further illustrates that.
And thank you for that speech about internet, if i did like you...i could go ahead and assume that you think i am stupid?
Go ahead and assume all you like...and you're welcome for the speech.
See what assuming something does?

IncarnatedDemon

Seriously? I tell you what: i am not interested in arguing. But just for sake of replying:

My assumption of DmC replacing DMC has things backing it up, and i told you i would elaborate on my assumption in detail if you asked me to.

Here is the quote:
And there isnt a solid proof, but there is things that Capcom have done that would make most people come to a conclusion that Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC had the sales been right.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Seriously? I tell you what: i am not interested in arguing. But just for sake of replying:
If you're not interested then you wouldn't reply, you wouldn't even do it for the sake of replying.

My assumption of DmC replacing DMC has things backing it up, and i told you i would elaborate on my assumption in detail if you asked me to.
If it's an assumption, then there is no point in explaining. However, if there was absolute proof then it would be all over the internet by now that DmC would replace DMC.
Yes, there are rumors going around, and statements Tameem made about DMC being old and Dante not being cool, but that's just Tameem throwing out unhelpful statements.
There are also statements by people in Capcom saying they would not count out the possibility of DMC5. But these are vague statements and rumors...nothing to base arguments off.

We don't know either way what their plans were until someone from Capcom makes an offical statement. That's the only thing I'll believe is the offical word of Capcom.

Alright- hands up who voted that they would not buy it:mad: .....joking:p

But I am curious for who voted that they would not, what are the reasons if you would like to explain? ^_^

IncarnatedDemon

If you're not interested then you wouldn't reply, you wouldn't even do it for the sake of replying.
Clarifying something isn't equalivant of arguing.

If it's an assumption, then there is no point in explaining. However, if there was absolute proof then it would be all over the internet by now that DmC would replace DMC.
It was not a simple assumption. And i say WAS because i assumed this before DmC sales was out. But DmC sales were not good enough. It sold 1.1m. It didn't even reach 2M which would been a good treshold for Capcom to replace DMC.

Yes, there are rumors going around, and statements Tameem made about DMC being old and Dante not being cool, but that's just Tameem throwing out unhelpful statements.
Tameem's statements was not any argument for why i believed DmC could have replaced DMC depending on the sales.

There are also statements by people in Capcom saying they would not count out the possibility of DMC5. But these are vague statements and rumors...nothing to base arguments off.
Action speak louder than words. And i can refer to actions by Capcom that is for DmC and against DMC.

I may make a thread later about Capcom trying to replace DMC with DmC.
Also the poll is public (click somwhere) which means you can see who voted what.

Guess what i voted...or better yet take a look.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Clarifying something isn't equalivant of arguing.

That's whaty you said just there. You don't want to argue. So either you do or you don't--stop contradicting yourself.

It was not a simple assumption. And i say WAS because i assumed this before DmC sales was out. But DmC sales were not good enough. It sold 1.1m. It didn't even reach 2M which would been a good treshold for Capcom to replace DMC.
Then here's a lesson to never assume anything. All you had to do was look around the internet forums and youtube comments during the time of the 2010 trailer and see the negative reaction. That's indication enough that the game was not going to do well.

Tameem's statements was not any argument for why i believed DmC could have replaced DMC depending on the sales.
Capcom have never said anything definate either way. There was no telling then or now about DMC being replaced by DmC.

Action speak louder than words. And i can refer to actions by Capcom that is for DmC and against DMC.
There were no actions. All they did was make DmC. It was a test. No one from Capcom has ever come out and directly said that DmC was a replacement. The only definate action from Capcom was making DmC. However, they also said that they would keep the door to DMC open.

I may make a thread later about Capcom trying to replace DMC with DmC.
Also the poll is public (click somwhere) which means you can see who voted what.
Go for it.
Guess what i voted...or better yet take a look.
Now you're assuming that I care about what you voted....you made your answer abundantly clear in your previous posts.

IncarnatedDemon

Assuming isn't a bad thing if you have things backing up what you assume.

But if you assume something and u have nothing that supports this assumption...its not a good thing.

And you made it clear you cared about what i wanted for voting:

And can i ask why you keep bringing up day one purchase at full price option?
Because that option is the best outcome for DMC5, therefore, the one you would want as it would ensure the success of DMC5.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Assuming isn't a bad thing if you have things backing up what you assume.
I prefer facts, not assumptions when it comes to what Capcom was thinking in regards to the future of DMC.
But if you assume something and u have nothing that supports this assumption...its not a good thing.
There's no proof either way with this one though. We don't know what anyone at Capcom was thinking with regards to DMC being replaced or not.
And you made it clear you cared about what i wanted for voting:
On this poll I was bothered, not the other one you want to make because you made that clear already. There wouldn't be any point in checking the result.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Probably, if they don't incorporate a single thing from DmC. That game just didn't do for me on so many levels. It was all right but I wouldn't want to see that style system/button layout for DMC 5. And I do think that Capcom has a very creative side, once they get their act together and stop throwing out anything they think will bring them a cheap buck in. Get some people to write a good story, edit it a thousand times if they have to, and build (NOT TAKE AWAY) on top of the gameplay from DMC 3 and 4.

Still, I'm skeptical about games all around. If I like the gameplay and it gets a thumbs up from the hands-on impressions, then I'll go on and get it. I do not go by reviews since a large portion of them are full of bullsh*t, so I gotta give it a test drive prior to buying it.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
That's prejudice. Just because they got into DMC through DmC, they can't vote?

As for me, it's a maybe. Capcom have yet to prove they can make a good DMC game with both quality and quantity. All I ever get out of DMC as a series is a crap story, dull characters that pale in comparison to Dante, unmemorable locations, and a Dante that's either boring, or an annoying douchebag, or in DmC's case both.

But who knows, maybe they'll hire better writers and designers to do a DMC5. So for me, its a maybe.
What the **** are you doing on a DMC forum:mad:
Take your bullshit hate of DMC and keep yourself in the DmC section

Sorry for my rudeness, but you just dont say those sort of things in a DMC forum.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
What the **** are you doing on a DMC forum:mad:
Take your bullshit hate of DMC and keep yourself in the DmC section

Sorry for my rudeness, but you just dont say those sort of things in a DMC forum.

I liked the part where you ignored him insulting DmC, yet got mad at him for insulting DMC. Very hypocritical.

Top Bottom