• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom releases DMC 5, will you support it (buy at mid-high price)?

Will you support DMC 5 by buying the game at a mid-high price?

• I will buy it when its below 20 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pirate it if there is PC release

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Heh, I know. Coincidence, I swear! :p
(However, if you guys want to know, I was talking about Cesare from the show The Borgias. The one in my sig.I want to be the Lucrezia of that show.Current crush. Ok, NOW I SWEAR I STOP FANGIRLING. Sorry guys.)
Fangirl all you like^_^ He is cute looking.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If you didn't know what DMC was until DmC appeared then i dont think ur qualified for the poll.
DMC had four games. If you missed all four of them and only got to know if it because of DmC, then i dont need to consider you a DMC fan on same level as others..
LOL WUT DUDE ? DMC games are like GTA or mario games you played one game and you've essentially played all of them !!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
LOL WUT DUDE ? DMC games are like GTA or mario games you played one game and you've essentially played all of them !!
Yep, especially if you played Mario or Zelda first time round on the Gameboy or Super Nintendo consoles....no point in getting a Wii seeing as all they do is rehash Mario and Zelda.

Same goes for Bioshock. You play one, you've played all of them. Heck, even Bioshock Infinite pointed that out at the end, basically saying 'this is what goes in to a Bioshock game'. :p

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Same goes for Bioshock. You play one, you've played all of them. Heck, even Bioshock Infinite pointed that out at the end, basically saying 'this is what goes in to a Bioshock game'. :p
And that's actually kinda sad because after ANY good well know series starts getting sequels over sequels its quality deteriorates

Castlevania,DMC.Assassins creed,Resident evil,silent hill all etc are merely average games in this generation whereas their predecessors used to be one of the best of its genre.

its not only limited to game it applies on almost anything movies like Indiana Jones anime like DBZ they all finally start to get mediocre sequels.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
And that's actually kinda sad because after ANY good well know series starts getting sequels over sequels its quality deteriorates

Castlevania,DMC.Assassins creed,Resident evil,silent hill all etc are merely average games in this generation whereas their predecessors used to be one of the best of its genre.

its not only limited to game it applies on almost anything movies like Indiana Jones anime like DBZ they all finally start to get mediocre sequels.
Problem is these games and movies were successful, so the makers think they're on to a good money maker if they keep things almost the same. It just leads to watering down of the franchise and a loss of creativity so big that you automatically know what to expect from the sequels.

I really liked Assassins creed, but now its just so predictable. I don't know why they are dragging it out to a 4th game. 2 was the best, and they should have stopped it there...that and the fact assassins creed 3 was rushed and buggy.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

Problem is these games and movies were successful, so the makers think thy're on to a good money maker if they keep things almost the same. It just leads to watering down of the franchise and a loss of creativity so big that you automatically know what to expect from the sequels.

I really liked Assassins creed, but now its just so predictable. I don't know why they are dragging it out to a 4th game. 2 was the best, and they should have stopped it there...that and the fact assassins creed 3 was rushed and buggy.

That's why I'm hopeful that Resident Evil reboot happens, because the quality has really gone down. I think Resident Evil 4 was the last good one that I really enjoyed [although Relevations might be good too, but i still need to get that to find out.]

When you've got a series going on that long, eventually they need to start over and give it a new take. Otherwise you get Resident Evil 6. And the Silent Hill's I haven't bothered with except for Origins, because they don't interest me no more.

And what about Metal Gear? That fourth one should've been the last title and now they're popping out another one? Sure for all we know it might actually wind up being good, but is there a point where a series can get too many sequels, be stretched out too long and the quality starts decline? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sadly in most cases it's often the latter.

Speaking of which, god dammit those live action Resident Evil's need to DIE! @_@

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I stopped playing resident evil after the PS2 era. It just wasn't the same for me....same goes for Silent Hill. I tried playing Homecoming, but it didn't appeal to me, so I never bothered playing Downpour.

As for Metal Gear, I've only just got into that through the HD collection, so I can't comment on how the new games are in comparison to the new ones.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Its not even about assassins anymore... its about pirates,aliens and god knows what i've lost interest

it simply started about a guy using matrix and then suddenly it all became about the guy being jesus and aliens by now don't you think a small assassins cult would've just given up and found a better job ?
That's why I'm hopeful that Resident Evil reboot happens, because the quality has really gone down. I think Resident Evil 4 was the last good one that I really enjoyed
NO !! just no ! i don't want anything titled "RESIDENT EVIL" until this generation is over and done with.

'nuff with that ! if they just want to make a reboot so soon they might as well just change the title because all it would be is just a cheap shooter because Capcom is clearly out of ideas for anything new.
When you've got a series going on that long, eventually they need to start over and give it a new take.
NOT before taking a 10 year break because quite frankly as you can see there are 10 failed reboots for 1 successful ones

so the best thing to do is just give the series a major halt and start something new otherwise it would just get ruined
And what about Metal Gear? That fourth one should've been the last title and now they're popping out another one?
When people stop caring about the brand name they will eventually stop.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That's why I'm hopeful that Resident Evil reboot happens, because the quality has really gone down. I think Resident Evil 4 was the last good one that I really enjoyed [although Relevations might be good too, but i still need to get that to find out.]

When you've got a series going on that long, eventually they need to start over and give it a new take. Otherwise you get Resident Evil 6. And the Silent Hill's I haven't bothered with except for Origins, because they don't interest me no more.

And what about Metal Gear? That fourth one should've been the last title and now they're popping out another one? Sure for all we know it might actually wind up being good, but is there a point where a series can get too many sequels, be stretched out too long and the quality starts decline? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sadly in most cases it's often the latter.

@_@

Resident Evil just needs to remember it's a survival horror game. I wish I could work on a RE game. I'd make sure the game would make you sh!t your pants.

MGS 4 was suppose to be the final Metal Gear Solid Kojima was going to work on and it was the conclusion to Solid Snake's story. I'm pretty hyped for MGS 5 though because of what it's doing this time around. It's going to be an open world MGS game. I'm expecting to performing infiltrations and recon my own way. They said they are giving you more freedom. An open world Metal Gear Solid is something I've always wanted.

Silent Hill is just an absolute mess. As a fan of horror it hurts my heart to see that series just lose its way so much. That series needs an overhaul. I heard something of Hideo Kojima wanting to do a Silent Hill reboot and that just gets all my yes. MGS games became borderline creepy at times and I can only imagine what his batshit insane mind can come up with for Silent Hill.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'd buy it just to ensure the original DMC continues and to see the good Dante again(hopefully voiced by Reuben Langdon).

aoshi

As much as i would like a DMC 5, After all this reboot, It would be as equivalent to ask capcom to rehire kamiya.>_<

IncarnatedDemon

The whole "quality goes down" and "sometimes a serie needs a new take" is biggest bs ive ever heard.

Assassin Creed
Call of Duty

Do they reboot their serie? No.
Why not? Cause it sells and they want to keep going.

Thats what Capcom had in mind but they cancelled that Megaman FPS
+ their Resident Evil FPS (RE 6) didnt sell as much as they hoped. They thought they could go Call of Duty and then continue doing so.

But when it failed to meet their sales expectations they want all "Wer going abck to the roots of the serie".
No ****.

If you want to go back to roots of serie, just make a dam new survival horror game that has new characters but has that "RE" gameplay (survival horror).

Oh u dont want to do that? Is it because u want to use popularity of existing RE characters to get sales? Yes?
Gotcha.

If they would make the story better,by this I mean adding more explanation and fill the plot holes it has then it would be pretty amazing. Of course,I want them to keep the challenging atmosphere it has and the action,because DMC has it.
I would buy.

Top Bottom