• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Sunaka Marién

Just remember people, that most people that hated DmC thought that petition was stupid and most likely a joke. The only reason that petition got more signatures was because of the media making a huge deal about it to make DMC fans look bad which the gave the petition attention which then caused people to sign it just for lulz.
Yeah, but it is kinda embarassing that even only one person would go as far as to make that thing in the first place. I know as good as noone took it seriously
Also if you haven't seen it yet I made a response to why I felt Tameem was disrespectful on page 24 of this topic.
Ah, no I missed out on it, sorry.
But I still don't find it that offensive at all. Some of his points are pretty valid aswell. And as I said before, I do think that some of the things he said were kinda disrespectful. But for me, it woulnd't be a reason not to buy the game, because in the end, they're just his opinions and don't exactly affect the game on overall. It's only the end product that matters, and I think that the only reason not to buy it should be that the game itself is not to your taste, not the person who made it, especially since he is not the only one working on it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The reason the fans didn't like wasn't because it changed, it was because they didn't like how it was changed, why it was changed, and the people who changed it. I think people in general are fine with change as long as the changes are good in the eyes of the people who are buying the game.Tomb Raider was a big change for the series and that game sold over 3 million (yet unfortunately still failed to reach it's sales target).

I posted many articles, name the one and I will re-read it. But in response about the petition, I am a huge Devil May Cry fan, have been since I was 14, when I saw that petition I thought it was stupid and many of the other fans that I knew thought it was stupid. Nobody in their right mind wanted the game to be banned and taken out of shelves. Most people wanted to see how this game would fair on the market; to see if we were right or wrong all a long.

EDIT: And even if there were people who truly wanted to see the game get banned then they are a part of a radical minority that I would say all fanbases have.
>Implying your purist opinions on the Devil May Cry series is somehow right using sales of ,all things, as your argument.

I've been a fan of this series since that demo showed up with Code Veronica but it doesn't take a genius to see the series was at a creative dead end.

And sales is one of the dumbest thing you can even bring up when talking about the quality of a game. Call of Duty must be rad right?

Sales don't speak quality. Psychonauts didn't sell well but I'll be damned if anyone tries to say Psychonauts is a bad game. Psychonauts was one of the funniest and creative games of last console generation. It's a shame that game was over shadowed because it deserves all kinds of praise and is one of the best games ever.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
...White?

Oh and obviously the next topic in this thread is Spiderman thread. It is inevitable.
2362069-did_someone_say...spiderman_thread_super.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Nope, microwaveable bacon. You know people hate on microwaveable bacon, but I kinda like it. It's easy, convenient, and they fit nicely on a burger. Also nice pic of the A. Reigns Gang.

Thanks I take no credit however...I may be an artist and draw really well...I just haven't applied that skill to making digital or computer art.

As for A. Reigns...I'm currently playing it right now....Online Lobby can be a pain since there isn't much people online right now.

Yugo12

Ah, no I missed out on it, sorry.
But I still don't find it that offensive at all. Some of his points are pretty valid aswell. And as I said befor, I do think that some of the things he said were kinda disrespectful. But for me, it woulnd't be a reason not to buy the game, because in the end, they're just his opinions and don't exactly affect the game on overall. It's only the end product that matters, and I think that the only reason not to buy it should be that the game itself is not to your taste, not the person who made it, especially since he is not the only one working on it.

But for me there is more to it then that. If devs are being vocal about how they feel about the people that give them money and I don't like what they are saying then it will affect my enjoyment of the game. I'm not a reviewer so I am not obligated to look at the game without any sort of bias. This whole ordeal reduce my ability to ever enjoy this game. I've tried to play it, but there are so many things in game and outside the game that makes me dislike it.

>Implying your purist opinions on the Devil May Cry series is somehow right using sales of ,all things, as your argument.

I've been a fan of this series since that demo showed up with Code Veronica but it doesn't take a genius to see the series was at a creative dead end.

And sales is one of the dumbest thing you can even bring up when talking about the quality of a game. Call of Duty must be rad right?

Sales don't speak quality. Psychonauts didn't sell well but I'll be damned if anyone tries to say Psychonauts is a bad game. Psychonauts was one of the funniest and creative games of last console generation. It's a shame that game was over shadowed because it deserves all kinds of praise and is one of the best games ever.

I never said that high sales = quality. What I was saying is that people wanted to see if the things they were doing with the DMC series would gain fans or not; to see if this reboot was actually worth all the fighting and ridicule from both sides. My opinions on the future of Devil May Cry are anything but what most purist think. I feel that DMC should go open world, with co-op. A lot of people would disagree with me on that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But for me there is more to it then that. If devs are being vocal about how they feel about the people that give them money and I don't like what they are saying then it will affect my enjoyment of the game. I'm not a reviewer so I am not obligated to look at the game without any sort of bias. This whole ordeal reduce my ability to ever enjoy this game. I've tried to play it, but there are so many things in game and outside the game that makes me dislike it.

I never said that high sales = quality. What I was saying is that people wanted to see if the things they were doing with the DMC series would gain fans or not; to see if this reboot was actually worth all the fighting and ridicule from both sides. My opinions on the future of Devil May Cry are anything but what most purist think. I feel that DMC should go open world, with co-op. A lot of people would disagree with me on that.
Does it have to be a crappy anime in the process?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
The reason the fans didn't like wasn't because it changed, it was because they didn't like how it was changed, why it was changed, and the people who changed it. I think people in general are fine with change as long as the changes are good in the eyes of the people who are buying the game.Tomb Raider was a big change for the series and that game sold over 3 million (yet unfortunately still failed to reach it's sales target).
I know, but on the funny note that video did make me think of us. XD

And still can't get over Tomb Raider, they must've spent a hell of a lot on that title.

What is the true color of the sun?
...White?

Oh and obviously the next topic in this thread is Spiderman thread. It is inevitable.

Fool! The color is the sun is obviously blue! :lol: Don't you know anything about our solar system.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
IFool! The color is the sun is obviously blue! :lol: Don't you know anything about our solar system.

Madness! Blue is the colour of coldness! That's not sun-like at all!

My opinions on the future of Devil May Cry are anything but what most purist think. I feel that DMC should go open world, with co-op. A lot of people would disagree with me on that.

Doesn't Monster Hunter essentially fill that role? Not exactly of course but the first thing i imagine after reading is basically Monster Hunter.

Yugo12

Does it have to be a crappy anime in the process?

Well I like anime, not all anime, but I still like it so to me anime isn't crappy. It's just another form of entertainment that has it's high and lows just like every other form of entertainment. DMC at it's core, is based on anime, so in my fantasy DMC game it would share that same sort of style, but something more DMC1 than DMC3 or 4.

Sunaka Marién

... I would have said yellow... :ermm:
Sunlight makes things slightly blue, so I'd say the sun is blue :p

But the only thing he actually said about the fans - which wasn't even directly about fans - was that he said he didn't care what they think about DmC. And quite frankly, he is right, he's only a dude hired by Capcom, so if anyone, Capcom would be the one to care, not Tameem.
Though, I think I can kinda relate to not wanting to play a game anymore because of what people say and their behaviour - it's like that with DMC4 for me. I never liked it too much to begin with, and sadly it's the game I associate most with the more extreme cases of DmC none-supporters :/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well I like anime, not all anime, but I still like it so to me anime isn't crappy. It's just another form of entertainment that has it's high and lows just like every other form of entertainment. DMC at it's core, is based on anime, so in my fantasy DMC game it would share that same sort of style, but something more DMC1 than DMC3 or 4.
I never said anime was crappy. I'm a very avid anime fan myself but, DMC made a crappy anime especially with 3 and 4. My vision for a Devil May Cry is in the spirit of that first game so that I can roll with but multiplayer? Nope.

Yugo12

Sunlight makes things slightly blue, so I'd say the sun is blue :p

But the only thing he actually said about the fans - which wasn't even directly about fans - was that he said he didn't care what they think about DmC. And quite frankly, he is right, he's only a dude hired by Capcom, so if anyone, Capcom would be the one to care, not Tameem.
Though, I think I can kinda relate to not wanting to play a game anymore because of what people they and their behaviour - it's like that with DMC4 for me. I never liked it to much to begin with, and sadly it's the game I associate most with the more extreme cases of DmC none-supporters :/
While true that Tameem is just some guy that Capcom hired to make the game he should still care because he is making a game that is part of a well established franchise. If he doesn't care about how we feel about his game then he should also not care about us buying the game. First impressions are everything and most people would agree that he and Alex Jones (the producer on Capcom America's side) did not leave good first impressions.

Whenever I think of reboots, I always think about Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Before I was into DMC I was a CV fan and like DMC I felt CV was going nowhere after Order of Ecclessia (yep I actually felt that DMC may have needed a reboot). Mercury Steam developed Lords of Shadow and during the whole development they stayed respectful to series saying nothing but good things about it. You could tell that they were fans of the game who wanted to take the series to a different direction and I was cool with that. If Ninja Theory had been that way from the start I might have been at least willing to try the game out and judge it on it's own merits.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Whenever I think of reboots, I always think about Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Before I was into DMC I was a CV fan and like DMC I felt CV was going nowhere after Order of Ecclessia (yep I actually felt that DMC may have needed a reboot). Mercury Steam developed Lords of Shadow and during the whole development they stayed respectful to series saying nothing but good things about it. You could tell that they were fans of the game who wanted to take the series to a different direction and I was cool with that. If Ninja Theory had been that way from the start I might have been at least willing to try the game out and judge it on it's own merits.
So you are literally admitting you've never even played DmC and are completely biased out of spite for one guy that works at Ninja Theory? You have no room to pass any judgement on DmC. One guy does not make up an entire company and dude Lords of Shadow is just a freaking God of War clone. I wasn't too happy with that crap and I'm a huge Castlevania fan. The original Castlevania for the NES is one of my favorite games of all time.

Yugo12

I never said anime was crappy. I'm a very avid anime fan myself but, DMC made a crappy anime especially with 3 and 4. My vision for a Devil May Cry is in the spirit of that first game so that I can roll with but multiplayer? Nope.
Oh okay I see what you mean now. Yeah DMC going back to it's roots is what I really want, but I also think co-op could be really cool. My ideal DMC would still be mission based, but you would be able to go different Mansions, Castle, Ruins or anything like that and investigate any type of paranormal activity in that area or to kill demons in that area. There would also be some sort of over arching plot that people will learn about from information you find on missions. Finding information would be of similar to fashion as how Bayo would give people info when examining statues. People would be able to play as either Dante, Nero, Trish, or Lady and maybe even a custom Demon Hunter.

Honestly the more I think about it my ideal DMC sounds like an MMO. lol

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hahaha! Omg, I saw that full video that was in and when it came to that part all I immediately thought was "that's our fandom, right there :lol:"
Those fans.....

^ Everything that the Nostalgia Critic said in the above video applies to our fanbase.

And this is why I'm no longer a part of Devil May Cry.

We get it. It sold only 700,000.

The original series will come back and DmC will be forgotten. Bayonetta 2 is coming. Action fans will get their taunt, lock-on, 60 frames-per-second back.

There's no use complaining about it now. It's over. Let it go. You've made your point.

As for me, I'm going to move on to other action series that aren't DMC or B2.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Ravensdale

Sacred 3

Blood Knights

The Witch and the Hundred Knights

Bound By Flame

Dynasty Warriors 8

Killer is Dead

Mars: War Logs

Arkham Origins

Remember Me

Freakin' Deadpool

Not to mention the slew of other action games that are already out right now.

I'm done with this whole thing.

I'll be just fine without DMC. :ermm:

Edit:

This. Very much this.

Yugo12

So you are literally admitting you've never even played DmC and are completely biased out of spite for one guy that works at Ninja Theory? You have no room to pass any judgement on DmC. One guy does not make up an entire company and dude Lords of Shadow is just a freaking God of War clone. I wasn't too happy with that crap and I'm a huge Castlevania fan. The original Castlevania for the NES is one of my favorite games of all time.
Um no, I played DmC. I made it up to Mission 15 on Nephilim, but I couldn't play it for any longer than that. Throughout my time playing I didn't enjoy it at all. I was forcing myself to play it just to see what it was like and you can't enjoy games like that. I just watched the rest of the 5 missions on Youtube and I saw that there wasn't any reason to go back to the game.

And regardless of how you feel about Lords of Shadow, I felt that how they went about the development of the game made me excited to play the game. I enjoyed Lords of Shadow for what it was and I really enjoyed the story. Mirros of Fate wasn't that good, but I enjoyed the little tidbits of story that we got and I'm looking forward to Lords of Shadow 2.

Sunaka Marién

*nods* N-hn, I see your point. Saying he doesn't care surely wasn't a good thing, ok. Ironically, he said that he doesn't care for how well the game sells, though :p
Sure, first impressions are important, it influences us a lot, the problem is just that I only came to know of DmC during mid 2011, so my first impression of them was completely different from what yours might have been, so I guess that also figures into my inability to understand that issue with what the developers think. idk, I still find it funny to let oneself get influenced so much by what a single individual said, to me it'd be just like saying "Oh, there's that one movie that looks interesting, but actor XY who I can't stad plays a minor role in it so I'm not gonna watch it."

Whenever I think of reboots, I think of the Spyro reboot. The developers basically threw everything that ever defined Spyro for me out of the window and changed it beyond recognition, in a way that I personally couldn't stand. I don't know what the guys behind it think about the original Spyro games, but I believe I would have given the reboot a chance regardless of their opinion, and judged it solely on it's own merits. Because as I said before, to me, only the game itself matters.

Top Bottom