• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Complainers

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

crush

Know it's a joke, but that sure is unkind. I'm not making a discussion out of this, but some guys in this are trying to fight off what they were born with. Especially ones that are not born with disabillities have to have some credit. (Dang, I'm just the typical hypocrite though...I can't say this in real life.)

mrrandomlulz

Know it's a joke, but that sure is unkind. I'm not making a discussion out of this, but some guys in this are trying to fight off what they were born with. Especially ones that are not born with disabillities have to have some credit. (Dang, I'm just the typical hypocrite though...I can't say this in real life.)
I know, I actually AM Aspergers Syndrome in real life (Though I'm only put in special ed class for my homeroom, the rest are mainstream classes) and I was put in the special olympics, though I refused the offer.

GF9000000Returns

Alright I got another question, if there was a DMC5 instead of this, would any of you drop the series or just wait for more? The reason why I'm asking because as I heard from many people and reviews, DMC4 was stale.

And people don't get to see the reason why this reboot had to be made.

ZeroLove

There will always be lovers and there will always be haters. And there will always be pointless discussions across the border instead of people setting down and settling eachothers differences. Instead of accepting DmC, the haters will throw hate at it. The lovers question the haters' hatred, and so the haters throw hate at the lovers too. In defense, the lovers throw hate back while trying to reason with the haters and defending the game as well. And so it goes back and forth with pointless bickering.

People who wants to hate will hate. If not one thing, then another. It is incredibly hard to try to accept the other party when blinded by either hatred or love for something, and it really just looks hopeless as neither side wants to even try to understand eachothers point of view. And if you finally try and understand, then you will usually just get the finger, because the other party do not want you to understand, they just want you to know they hate you and the game you love, or the other way around.

Even after years to come, DmC will still be discussed, all these topics will still be chatted about, there will still be hatred and there will still be love, but it will slowly fade out as people focus on new things to love and hate on.

So I say just this: Patience. When the game is out, buy it or not, play it or not, enjoy it or not... but also know that all this pointless arguing will be a faint memory to us all. And hopefully people will realize how incredibly idiotic they have been during it, but I doubt that will happen, because people usually just go on to the next game or thing or whatever and just repeat this same pattern.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I know, I actually AM Aspergers Syndrome in real life (Though I'm only put in special ed class for my homeroom, the rest are mainstream classes) and I was put in the special olympics, though I refused the offer.

Really? You have aspergers too? Damn, I thought I was the only one here.^_^

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
guys these haters are unreasonable and plain mean. you just need to put them in their place. but not harshly do it gently but firmly. like this:
WTh4L.gif

V

Oldschool DMC fan
What's the point. You won't change their POV by arguing with them. The best way to silence an attention whore is to give them no attention. Even negative attention feeds their fire. And if they're truly at fault, they'll be banned from wherever they haunt.

Arrogance is not a crime.

788Masri

What's the point. You won't change their POV by arguing with them. The best way to silence an attention whore is to give them no attention. Even negative attention feeds their fire. And if they're truly at fault, they'll be banned from wherever they haunt.

Arrogance is not a crime.

or just remain impervious to their attacks :D

jGXGf.jpg

mrrandomlulz

From my pov,

It's not actually the fact that this is a reboot that makes people angry.

It's the fact that it's not even trying to stay true to the original Devil May Cry games.

Imagine around the time when DMC4 came out.

DMC fans across the globe were dissapointed.

So in brief one gives an idea for a reboot.

"How about we'd have a black haired, ruthless, Dante, teaming up with a Vergil who cares for humanity to stop the government."

He'd get laughed the f*ck out.

Point is, no matter how GOOD the story is, the only thing that makes this a Devil May Cry game is the gameplay itself.

I mean really guys, reboot Vergil is the polar opposite of DMC3 Vergil (Although to be fair it looks like he is supposed to develop into some kind of bad guy by the end of the game, but not DMC3 Vergil type bad guy)

Kat is a new character, when she should've been a rebooted Lady or Trish, you know, because this is a reboot of DMC, remember that part guys?

And IDK what the F*CK Phineas is, but I've never seen him in the original DMC continuity.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
From my pov,

It's the fact that it's not even trying to stay true to the original Devil May Cry games.

"How about we'd have a black haired, ruthless, Dante, teaming up with a Vergil who cares for humanity to stop the government."

Point is, no matter how GOOD the story is, the only thing that makes this a Devil May Cry game is the gameplay itself.

I mean really guys, reboot Vergil is the polar opposite of DMC3 Vergil (Although to be fair it looks like he is supposed to develop into some kind of bad guy by the end of the game, but not DMC3 Vergil type bad guy)

Kat is a new character, when she should've been a rebooted Lady or Trish, you know, because this is a reboot of DMC, remember that part guys?

And IDK what the F*CK Phineas is, but I've never seen him in the original DMC continuity.
The story from what we've seen is actually very DMC-esque. It concentrates alot on Dante and Vergil's past and the relationship with their mother and father. You actually get to learn about Dante and Vergil's past instead of speculating about it. And another thing is that demons control the world using human aliases. If I'm not mistaken that's very similar to the DMC anime and novels I believe. And just because it's a reboot doesn't mean they can't create new characters. If they just rebooted the old characters that would be boring because we would know how they end up, all of them. I'm glad they put new characters in this game because the player gets introduced to new personalities and such.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I've seen quite a lot that makes this every bit as much a DMC game as any other DMC game :x

Like seriously, the gameplay is nearly identical, with some minor tweaks. Complains about game speed notwithstanding, if you didn't know the control scheme, or holding the triggers to swap weapons, that general gameplay would look much more similar to other people than they'd care to admit.

Frazz

General gamer
From my pov,

Dude, if the characters where exactly the same and no new characters were brought in then what in the hell would be the point of rebooting it? Without the new characters we'd just see the same personalities as before which would be boring. Anyway who's to say that Kat doesn't adopt the name "Lady" by the end as a throwback to the original series?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Complain about new characters when at one point Lady, Trish, Nero, Arkham/Jester, Sanctus, Kyrie, Credo, Agnus, Lucia, Matier, and Arius were all new characters.

A new game isn't allowed to have some new characters? Even as far as reboots go, sometimes it's best to create a new character to fill a role, rather than shoehorn an older character into a new one. As for Vergil, he was never really all the "evil" as people think, he just had one goal, and would achieve it at all costs, regardless of who he had go through to do it. Vergil was ruthless, but not evil, and so far so is this Vergil; he has one goal, and is willing to sacrifice people like Kat to do it :p His goal is just different this time.

crush

Vergil was ruthless, but not evil, and so far so is this Vergil; he has one goal, and is willing to sacrifice people like Kat to do it :p His goal is just different this time.
But he still have his soft parts where he will try his brother's way.
Although his expression was very reluctant, that scene was a re-make of one of Vergil's rare-human sides. He basically is the same.
Like look at those furrowed brows he has in the dawnfall trailer. He has his signature "Hmphhhhhh!" face.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, his "Fine, we'll do it your way" seemed less like him being compassionate, and more like him bending to Dante because he needs him to fulfill his goals, and that response was full of venom.

ReverseSuperman

Alright I got another question, if there was a DMC5 instead of this, would any of you drop the series or just wait for more? The reason why I'm asking because as I heard from many people and reviews, DMC4 was stale.

And people don't get to see the reason why this reboot had to be made.

I would still buy DMC5, but I can't say I would be as excited as I am for DmC. I was one of the people who thought the old series was getting stale. I liked 4, but it came across as a bit lazy. We had recycled bosses, areas and an overall lack of creativity. (especially with the main villain)

Sure it's always fun to watch Dante be Dante, but we only got to play as him for half the game. Nero was very "meh" to me. The only thing about him I found interesting was the possibility of him being connected to Vergil. Whether it was Vergil being his father, or Vergil possessing his arm.

A reboot was the best way to go in my opinion. I love the fact that we get a brand new take on the DMC mythos.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I feel the same. I did like Nero, because he was a bit of a breath of fresh air, but he was still just a carbon copy of Dante for the most part, in terms of attitude.

I'd be happy to play DMC5, but DmC is doing way more to get me interested.

788Masri

i was "relatively" young when DMC4 came . i had first played DMC3 a year before and it gor me into the DMC series. so when i got the new DMC i was hyped....and disapointed. it wasnt bad just meh which was a real let down. now i am looking forward to the DmC as it looks amazing and what i could play at eurogamer showed that it was awesome. when i see haters on youtube coments all i think is let them, im having the time of my life :D
RDOcG.gif

Top Bottom