• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
personally i hate it. IF it is a reboot they screwed up. crazy emo dante? it's not even the same characters. completely new story and characters? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Vampi

That's what a reboot mostly entails. A change. Capcom has already stated its just a reimaging of Dante. That it won't effect the main storyline from the numbered games.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
This game will fail, EPICALLY. It will never become a classic, since all this emo crap will go out of style in a few years, and we'll feel like we're all watching a bad 80's video!!

Devil May Cry is classic, with classic elements that make it TIMELESS. This has "Will Expire In 2 Years" written all over it...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Oh well. I don't care anymore. I've accepted this game for what it will be. It's a reboot. If it has a decent story, I'll play it.

Blackhealer

even at the capcom site..most of the people don't like this "Not Dante" version...

is this a reboot of DMC or just a really horrible dream?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
The reboot idea might not be as bad as oneself thinks at the moment.

At least we got rit of all those plot holes that were driving people cray >_>

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I will say, this game looks more enticing the more I watch the trailer. It's like an acquire taste. Like... Braunsvager (liver patties).

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Honestly, the thing that REALLY made the fans mad was not that this is the new look of DMC. Not that this game is taking over. It's that the story we were all so interested in learning about, and that we were all a part of...just got dropped. That's what made all of the fans angry. I mean who knows, this game could be one of the most kickass games ever, but many people don't care because this isn't what we wanted. We wanted a continuation to the story we were already having fun with.

EDIT: Fixed a few things

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;274427 said:
Honestly, the thing that REALLY made the fans mad was not that this is the new look of DMC. Not that this game is taking over. It's that the story we were all so interested in learning about, and that we were all a part of...just got dropped. That's what made all of the fans angry. I mean who knows, this game could be one of the most kickass games ever, but many people don't care because this isn't what we wanted. We wanted a continuation to the story we were already having fun with.

It's true that I wanted a continuation to the original story, but who knows? This one might be better. It's a wait n' see type dealie, I think.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
BlueDevil;274427 said:

Probably it will be a standalone game.

And CAPCOM can continue both timelines if they want, while Ninja Theory continues this timeline CAPCOM can still continue the original one.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
The crazy demon;274429 said:
Probably it will be a standalone game.

And CAPCOM can continue both timelines if they want, while Ninja Theory continues this timeline CAPCOM can still continue the original one.

It's highly unlikely that they'll do that. If this game IS more successful than the original, the older DMC titles won't be continued.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
BlueDevil;274436 said:
It's highly unlikely that they'll do that. If this game IS more successful than the original, the older DMC titles won't be continued.

We wont know until we see it right?

And if the older tittles are dropped they could be still be continued as animes, mangas or movies even, and if possible novlels :p

moseslmpg

I seriously doubt Capcom would pursue both series at the same time, which is why I think this is a oneshot.

But, BD is right basically. Whether or not this game is good, Capcom has left us hanging with the real DMC and that is something that can't be forgiven.

And that is why I believe DMC5 is still in development and we'll hear more about it as we get closer to the 10th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom