• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The biggest surprise of Capcom’s TGS presser has finally been announced (okay, it’s not surprising). Ninja Theory has taken the stage to announce DMC, the long rumored game in production at the studio.

Capcom describes the newly announced game as a “rebirth” of the franchise. Players control a younger Dante in this new game. Music, culture, street art, etc. in the game will all be of s younger generation. The game is a big collaboration between east and west. Capcom’s Hideaki Itsuno is supervising director while Nina Theory’s Alex Jones is producing.

No release date yet. Stay tuned.

Thanks, JoyStiq.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/capcom-and-ninja-theory-announce-dmc

YES!!! At last, Devil May Cry 5 is officially announced!

A younger Dante? I will be damned! This will be awesome! :D:D

To Nero fans. Sadly, no announcement about him, but perhaps he may appear in this game.

Screenshots:

capcomgtgs0592.jpg

capcomgtgs0582.jpg

capcomgtgs0581.jpg

capcomgtgs0580.jpg

capcomgtgs0579.jpg

Screenshots: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/capcom-2010-tgs-liveblog/?sort=newest&refresh=60

EDIT: I have no complains with his design, but what the hell is wrong with his hair? I wished it was longer...

EDIT 2: Ignore my previous comment about younger Dante. He looks slightly older now. What the hell? I hope this is just the beta version, and hopefully Ninja Theory will make Dante's face looks much younger, and having longer hair. Either way, I am happy that Devil May Cry 5 is already in development. I don't mind playing an older Dante again, even if Capcom and Ninja Theory will still using this Dante for the final release.

Vampi

Fail+Pictures+-+Best+Of+Epic+Fail_1228388469031.png

Dante looks like a crackhead now. And wow...this is like...fail of epic proportions. This is seriously bad. And here i thought Ninja Theory would breathe sum fresh air for the DMC series...not murder it and urinate on its corpse.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Nice one for posting this, CM! I'll be adding this to the frontpage shortly.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
what da HELL is that??? i could never think to hate more of twilight but it looks like there will be more rage because it has just killed dmc 5...wanna fans to love that game? CHANGE THAT HAIR!!!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
New screenshots. I love some of it, and dislike some of it:

tgstrailerscreengrabs02.jpg

tgstrailerscreengrabs00.jpg

tgstrailerscreengrabs01o.jpg

tgstrailerscreengrabs01.jpg

tgstrailerscreengrabs02.jpg

tgstrailerscreengrabs02u.jpg

Apparently, it may not be Devil May Cry 5, but a reboot of Devil May Cry series. Can't say if I am happy about this, but at least there is a new DMC game. :D

P.S. - I can't recall since when Dante smokes... This is kinda disturbing...

P.S. 2 - From my observation, Dante's weapon (Rebellion?) may be a shapeshiftomg weapon. Cool.

P.S. 3 - There is a chance this new DMC game is not Devil May Cry 5, but a reboot of Devil May Cry series.

P.S. 4 - It is late for me to notice, but this Dante has black hair!? Where is his cool silver hair... *sobs*

Janny

Dines with dementia
This fails so bad I don't even know where to begin. Why change Dante of all people? He was popular. Even voted one of the most cool characters in a video game. Nothing was wrong with him. WTH were they thinking changing such an iconic character?

I'm hoping this new guy is his kid. Or a robot or something.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
I realize that when he says "my name is dante" it was like nero's sound.listen it carefully.besides his sword is like nero's devil bringer,remember how was he throw a car to the demons.really,it may not be dante...i hope he's not

Rage06

Silahsor;273443 said:
I realize that when he says "my name is dante" it was like nero's sound.listen it carefully.besides his sword is like nero's devil bringer,remember how was he throw a car to the demons.really,it may not be dante...i hope he's not

He is dante (unfortunately) but hopefully they change his physic (none gay/emo style) and his hait :p

Devil may cry 3 dante (young) looked super cool! use him :mad:

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Everything is AMAZING and the dark back to the game "I think" but the only one thing that bothers me the new Dante , Why did they change his look ??? this new Dante looks like a zombie . look at the 6th screen from CM's post , and he looks like someone never ate something from years , Where is his muscles?

Rage06;273455 said:
Devil may cry 3 dante (young) looked super cool! use him :mad:

I agree

WTF now Vergil may cry after seeing his new brother
you are smokin!!!!What have you done to yourself bro, when I wasnt on human world?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Ok...opinion time...this looks good,no doubt.Love the Constantine[yes,the DC comics hero,the one played by Keanu Reeves,he looks EXCACTLY like him] look and the no doubt the game will be good.If it is a reimagining,I'm ok,if that's the direction the series will continue from now or if this is a reboot,then HELL NO!Not even hell and it's army of unholly gods combined with the Lovecraftian gods will save Capcom and the guy who coined the idea.

Castlevania could work and they made it awesome for a reboot.This,OBVIOUSLY won't work as anything BUT a reimagining for a break before the series continues for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom