• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
You can predict this coming when 2 years ago most of the remaining developers left Capcom that created DMC1-4. Then the nail in the coffin is when the story writer of the DMC series(3-4/manga/novel) left Capcom. They were forced to reboot it. They knew they were walking on egg shells after the ending with DMC4 left too many un answered questions. I KNEW DMC was over when the story writer left Capcom. Unless they tried to work something out with him.

Owell, it was a good run but I probably won't be buying this one for the fact its not being MADE by those good ol famous Capcom devs(well, used to be devs...) I don't buy alot of console games but I always bought a DMC game. This time I don't think I will unless this game has some damn good game play. I can bet you that Capcom probably asked Platinum games to create DMC5 but they refused.

moseslmpg

DanteRedgrave of IGN said:
This was posted by an admin on the CapcomUnity forums and I thought why not post it here since it contains some interesting tidbits..

"Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write in this forum! I'm glad to hear that you're a huge Devil May Cry fan, like others in these forums. I'm going to reiterate a few points that I've talked about the past few days. 1) We've mentioned that this is obviously a younger Dante. If you look closely in the trailer, you'll see that his hair is partially white. There is a reason for that. A hero is never born a hero, he is created via a hero's journey. In Star Wars, you saw Luke develop into the bad ass that he eventually became. I'm going to leave it at that and you can interpret that however you'd like. More story details will be coming soon, so until then, I ask you to be patient.

I'm sorry if you take this as an insult to the Western audience, seeing as how Capcom (Japan, Europe, and USA) and Ninja Theory ALL have a hand in this creative vision. This is a collaboration, not something that has been done on its own.

As for smoking, I too, hate smoking. But there are people in the world who smoke. And there are non-smokers who used to smoke, and non-smokers who WILL smoke. People change until they decide to give something up OR take something up.

I'm not sure where people are getting their information, but Heavenly Sword was hardly a failure. It currently maintains a 79 score on Metacritic, which, last time I checked, is pretty positive. It sold over a million copies on the PS3 and was praised for its cinematics and gameplay. The main critiques stemmed from the game's short length, which, to be honest, is true. It was a bit short for my tastes.

The upcoming game, Enslaved, looks absolutely GORGEOUS and I, personally, can't wait to check it out. Early previews have nothing but praise for the game, but of course, we don't know how it will play yet. I'm looking forward to that experience.

I hope that you give this new game a chance. If only, let us show you more (with time) and we can certainly revisit your thoughts and feelings once more gameplay is shown. "
Sounds bad to me. Sounds like they are even copping out on the reboot and trying to make it a prequel...It is a requel...or preboot.

They need to stop with the clever hints and gives us some real info, because they **** off the classic fans for good.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
moseslmpg;275318 said:
Sounds bad to me. Sounds like they are even copping out on the reboot and trying to make it a prequel...It is a requel...or preboot.

And it just gets even worse...

Its now a prequel?

Did anyone tell that rep to go play DMC 3?

We've seen Dante rise to be a Hero, this is just a silly excuse, why cant Capcom just do what Fans want for God sake?

icmasticc

Lol that's actually hilarious. Saying something like that after DMC 3 came out....I thought that was the hero's journey for Dante. What is this, then? The journey to the hero's journey lol? How he STARTED on the road TO the hero's journey lol?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I will admit, even though I'm pumped for playing this game, the premise behind it is rather absurd. As others have stated, haven't we already seen Dante's rise to heroism? And if this is his true rise to heroism, how the hell does he get his face changed so dramatically between this and DMC3?

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
The reason I don't like the reboot isn't because of Dante's redesign. That doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that it is a REBOOT! Meaning that the original storyline is out the window. If they were going to do a reboot, could they have at least properly ended the series? I mean, I wanted to know more about Nero, and also more about Dante as well. No character in the story really went as far as they could've gone. This reboot basically means I'll never see Vergil again, and I'll never see Dante's epic escape from hell after DMC2.

And to those people who say that this is just a oneshot, I kindly ask you, if this reboot is successful why would they go back to the old series?

I would be fine if this was a reboot and DMC5 was still in the works, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Capcom clearly wants us to buy this and to get into this. Really they just want to replace the old series. At least thats my understanding of it.

I don't hate the reboot as much as some people do, I am still curious about what direction they will take and I'll probably still buy it, but I'm still annoyed that the original series will be either gone or absent for awhile.

If you like the reboot, I don't hate you or anything, I'm glad you like it. But I'm just saying that no matter how good this is, I'm always going to miss the originals.

It's not the game itself I have a problem with. The people bashing the actual game is nuts. I'm just upset that this is a reboot and we may never see the conclusion to real DMC again.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Legendary Darkslayer;275334 said:
The reason I don't like the reboot isn't because of Dante's redesign. That doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that it is a REBOOT! Meaning that the original storyline is out the window. If they were going to do a reboot, could they have at least properly ended the series? I mean, I wanted to know more about Nero, and also more about Dante as well. No character in the story really went as far as they could've gone. This reboot basically means I'll never see Vergil again, and I'll never see Dante's epic escape from hell after DMC2.

And to those people who say that this is just a oneshot, I kindly ask you, if this reboot is successful why would they go back to the old series?

I would be fine if this was a reboot and DMC5 was still in the works, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Capcom clearly wants us to buy this and to get into this. Really they just want to replace the old series. At least thats my understanding of it.

I don't hate the reboot as much as some people do, I am still curious about what direction they will take and I'll probably still buy it, but I'm still annoyed that the original series will be either gone or absent for awhile.

If you like the reboot, I don't hate you or anything, I'm glad you like it. But I'm just saying that no matter how good this is, I'm always going to miss the originals.

It's not the game itself I have a problem with. The people bashing the actual game is nuts. I'm just upset that this is a reboot and we may never see the conclusion to real DMC again.

I will agree with you. I am rather upset as well. You've basically put everything I wanted to say in one message.

I find it odd that whenever I want to say something, I can't find the words for it, and someone else ends up doing it for me.

Hopefully they do continue the main series. If not, I will have lost faith in Capcom. I will continue buying the games for a glimmer of hope, but... If this is all I'll get, I will take it, even if it's not what I was hoping for.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
I think it would be nice if they continued both series. Continue the new series for the new fans and continue the old series for the original fans. That way we could have the best of both worlds.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Legendary Darkslayer;275340 said:
I think it would be nice if they continued both series. Continue the new series for the new fans and continue the old series for the original fans. That way we could have the best of both worlds.

Yeah, but this is Capcom we're talking about. And since when have they done a single intelligent thing lately?

Tekken Force

Is there a concrete source that says it's actually a reboot? Either way it seems to be a prequel though, which is kind of redundant isn't it? I mean wasn't DMC3 supposed to be the story of him becoming the hero. And he dosen't get the Devil Trigger powers until DMC3 either. Anyhow they sure as hell better put Vergil in this one.

Prequel=not so bad, perhaps redundant because of DMC3
reboot=eeesh.

icmasticc said:
Lol that's actually hilarious. Saying something like that after DMC 3 came out....I thought that was the hero's journey for Dante. What is this, then? The journey to the hero's journey lol? How he STARTED on the road TO the hero's journey lol?
LMAO.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Legendary Darkslayer;275340 said:

That would actually be awesome.

Too bad Capcom dont agree with you.

*sigh*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tekken Force;275344 said:
Is there a concrete source that says it's actually a reboot? Either way it seems to be a prequel though, which is kind of redundant isn't it? I mean wasn't DMC3 supposed to be the story of him becoming the hero. And he dosen't get the Devil Trigger powers until DMC3 either. Anyhow they sure as hell better put Vergil in this one.

Prequel=not so bad, perhaps redundant because of DMC3
reboot=eeesh.

I don't know, everyone's calling it a reboot, so that's what I assumed it was.

Badass avatar, BTW. F*cking BEAST. :p

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
I just dont understand...

First they call this a reboot, then do a 360 calling it a prequel, next thing you know Capcom release gameplay vids showing redundant combat, and then claiming its exactly like DMC 3's.

Are they punishing us?

moseslmpg

Legendary Darkslayer;275334 said:
Because NT won't want to keep making only DMC games, and there will be far more money in the real series anyway, since it has more recognition. I doubt this will go beyond a oneshot, successful or not. It just doesn't make sense if Capcom could have two cash cows, to kill one of them.

moseslmpg

Hyst-Gundam at IGN said:
Snow admin on capcom unity-

I'll be honest. It will be a little while. We just announced it this morning. But, hang in there. This is a reboot of the DmC series, and we have a vision for it, and do not intend to alienate any of you. I can't say more, and I really wish I could, since I know a lot of you are upset. Give it a chance to show you some more detail though. You've seen but a fraction of a glimpse of what the full scope of the project is.

link -
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_m...857/DmC:_Devil_May_Cry_Reveal_Discussion?pg=9

8 posts down

2 capcom admins to different sides ..not looking good if they got no idea what going on
Capcom apparently can't make up their mind.

Tekken Force

Reboot or not, I say one way to make it appeal to the long standing fans is to make it draw on the established DMC mythology i.e. Sparda, Vergil, Mundus, etc.

moseslmpg

I doubt they will do that. Sparda might be in, but definitely not Mundus. A giant angel statue doesn't fit with the style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom