• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

C/D: No one should have the rights to make an DMC game..

Only Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya should make DMC games.

• Confirm.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Deny.

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m100t8s

Unless it was either Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya.

For those who don't know, Hideaki Itsuno is the creator of DMC2-3 and 4, currently him and his team are working with Capcom and their latest game was Dragon's Dogma.
Hideki Kamiya is the original creator of DMC1 and Bayonetta, left Capcom with DMC1 staff (Team Little Devils) and if I remember correctly he is the founder of Platinum Games.

Back on topic, No one should touch the DMC series unless it was either Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya.

Confirm or Deny.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Kamiya isnt interested in the series anymore

seraphmaycry

I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Kamiya isnt interested in the series anymore

true he is spiteful because he was replaced but someone else HAS to take the job otherways we get the same content with a flashier package

what im trying to say is no matter many times you make a new one unless you change the people or person i charge you will always get the same thing which might soon good but people will get bored if they get the same thing evry year for 12 years its like eating only porridge for 12 years nobody can stand it even if they are the world biggest porridge fan

Martius

SSSmokin!
If Capcom want to try something new making spin-off first wont hurt. And of course choosing decent studio.

Sunaka Marién

Denied :/
I mean, Capcom are the copyrightholders, so from that standpoint alone it wouldn't make sense.
And if I'm not mistaken, not only Kamiya but also Itsuno aren't really interested in the series anymore, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to see it die just because of that :<
And as people already said, if someone new can bring something fresh and new, that is also good at the same time, to the series, why deny them the chance to do so?

EllDawn

Since Capcom owns it, it's all their choice anyway. And why hold it back like that? Sometimes a new point of view is what's needed, and since Capcom obviously thought it needed someone else to work on it, who are we to tell them it's wrong? I'm not going to say they need to have only certain people working on the games. For one thing, it's not my place. For another, that's being narrow minded.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Deny.
Kamiya wouldn't want to do it anyway as others have said, while Itsuno was just driving the games into a rut and running the risk of making the games stale. At least NT had a go at trying to make the game fresh, even if it didn't work out as planned sales-wise.

IncarnatedDemon

Kamiya: I would do a new Devil May Cry if the fans wanted it

Would love to see a DMCxBayonetta game as a closure for DMC serie.

You could tie DMC to Bayonetta with Eva.
Saying Eva was a witch that summoned Sparda.

Would be one way to connect Bayo and DMC, which allows for a decent story.

Anywyas so we all agree that variety is spice of life, and thus DmC 2 should be developed by a different studio than NT? Sounds interesting.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Kamiya: I would do a new Devil May Cry if the fans wanted it

Would love to see a DMCxBayonetta game as a closure for DMC serie.

You could tie DMC to Bayonetta with Eva.
Saying Eva was a witch that summoned Sparda.

Would be one way to connect Bayo and DMC, which allows for a decent story.

Anywyas so we all agree that variety is spice of life, and thus DmC 2 should be developed by a different studio than NT? Sounds interesting.
Im sorry but I simply hate bayonetta and relating EVA to that slutty, characterless and horny 1000 year old witch is out of the question. :mad:
It is only my opinion though

IncarnatedDemon

Im sorry but I simply hate bayonetta and relating EVA to that slutty, characterless and horny 1000 year old witch is out of the question. :mad:
It is only my opinion though
Just because you make Eva a witch doesn't mean she'll be a slutty witch.
I wouldn't suggest letting PG's Bayonetta influence Dante or Eva's character if such game was made.

I'd hope for Masaki Yamanaka, Hideki Kamiya, Makoto Tsuchibayashi and i was going to say
Noboru Sugimura but he died (r.i.p)

Masaki Yamanaka - Anarchy Reigns director, has shown he can tell a sad story or make the story of Anarchy Reigns serious.
Hideki Kamiya - passion for character Dante
Makoto Tschuibayashi - great art style and he drew Dante
Noboru Sugimura - he co wrote DMC 1 story with Kamiya (but again he's gone).

So yeah the three i wud want to see in a DMCxBayo project.
Masaki is just a suggestion, any good writer who loves Devil May Cry can be put into his spot. I dont know if Masaki loves DMC but i just think he seems like a decent pick for story development.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
deny completely

he doesnt onw devil may cry. capcom paid him to create a story and he did. they own devil may cry and its their right to do what they see best for it. whether its bring in Hideki Kamiya.
under the same logic neither does Hideaki Itsuno. just because he directed the series for the last 3 (not DmC of course) doesnt mean he instantly deserves to direct every devil may cry game. its not his franchise.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
deny completely

he doesnt onw devil may cry. capcom paid him to create a story and he did. they own devil may cry and its their right to do what they see best for it. whether its bring in Hideki Kamiya.
under the same logic neither does Hideaki Itsuno. just because he directed the series for the last 3 (not DmC of course) doesnt mean he instantly deserves to direct every devil may cry game. its not his franchise.

He did co-direct DmC though.

As Capcom execs said DmC was a collaboration between them and NT.....mostly NT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom