• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Pokemon Game

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Which is the best pokemon game out there ?

I say Diamond or Yellow due to its technological advancement on the others. Diamond kicks ass over Sapphire , Ruby , Emerald , Fire red etc .. And Yellow makes (i think) you think your ash in the series and the whole pokemon following you around outside the poke'ball .. Really cool !!

Keaton

Premium
Gold/Silver, which may be exceeded by Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

It was a truly massive game, I'm still ashamed that Diamond and Pearl didn't offer a larger world to explore. Fingerscrossed that HGSS will revive the series to its true glory. Aside from Competitve Battling, I don't caremuch for the main storylines anymore, primarally because they're all identical and offer little variation. Gold and Silver (HGSS too) gave us something new, it gave is a Rival worthy of our effort, a bully and a thief and as you reach your own height of greatness before the Pokemon League, your efforts to work hard honestly to gain precidance convert a young hoodlum into a straight arrow.

It was a great game and exploring both Johto and then Kanto gave us nostalgia and nearly 100 hours of play just in the main story.

Silver and Gold FTW!!

EDIT: I enjoyed Yellow too, and HGSS will allow you to have ANY Pokemon follow behind you. From Rattata to Steelix. ^_o

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Keaton;183019 said:
It was a great game and exploring both Johto and then Kanto gave us nostalgia and nearly 100 hours of play just in the main story.

Silver and Gold FTW!!

EDIT: I enjoyed Yellow too, and HGSS will allow you to have ANY Pokemon follow behind you. From Rattata to Steelix. ^_o

I loved going to the kanto in GS .. i think they should do that with every game letting you get ALL badges and have different pokemon leagues increasing in difficultly as you go along and actually let you catch the legendary pokemon like mew and the others without going to a stupid place to get a patch .. that never come to england .. we are at a disadvantage and will never be able to complete the pokedex ever ...

Keaton

Premium
Damien;183022 said:
I loved going to the kanto in GS .. i think they should do that with every game letting you get ALL badges and have different pokemon leagues increasing in difficultly as you go along and actually let you catch the legendary pokemon like mew and the others without going to a stupid place to get a patch .. that never come to england .. we are at a disadvantage and will never be able to complete the pokedex ever ...

There are alot on eBay, if you're willing to pay "Event Pokemon" is the most effective search critera. Otherwise ask me nicely and I may do a trade back for Dex-Data =p lol

I've long completed the Dex's. I know a few people overseas whom help me out with Event Pokemon, plus I have a nice collection of Events and Shinys so I can usually Trade for something that I require.

But, as I said, outside of the Competitve Environment I don't really offer the game much time. That should change for HGSS though.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Keaton;183023 said:
There are alot on eBay, if you're willing to pay "Event Pokemon" is the most effective search critera. Otherwise ask me nicely and I may do a trade back for Dex-Data =p lol

I've long completed the Dex's. I know a few people overseas whom help me out with Event Pokemon, plus I have a nice collection of Events and Shinys so I can usually Trade for something that I require.

But, as I said, outside of the Competitve Environment I don't really offer the game much time. That should change for HGSS though.

I play the pokemon games for fun and as i watch the series (yes i know its sad):lol: i try to see if the game is like series and most times that is a NO !!.
And i try to have my pokemon to what ash has as that is usually a winning team as he always beats all 8 gym leaders every time ..
i will spend around 40 hours on each game trying to raise my pokemon to the highest possible and then catch the others that i need ...
I have started playing them on my laptop and i think its better than the console and of course using cheats is good ..

I dont play pokemon games for the story as its always the same (like the GTA series) and it gets boring .. i play them for the achievement that i completed it to the best of my ability :D

Keaton

Premium
Something to remember should you ever want to battle Competitvely...what works in the Anime, InGame and Competitvly are all VERRRY different things. ^_^ Glad to see you're enjoying it for what it is ^^

Alot of people ignore it because of the anime and merch attached, but what it is, is a truly vast RPG with so many different team combinations that leaves so much open for strategy that its hard not to enjoy ^^

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Damien;183022 said:
that never come to england .. we are at a disadvantage and will never be able to complete the pokedex ever ...

Actually, I got 3 copies of mew when I went to an event in Oxford a couple of eyars ago. I had one on fire red, oen on ruby and one on sapphire. I forgot to take my other sapphire and emerald, so I coul;dn't get 5.

GS by far is the best because you had effectivly, 2 games in 1. I used to breed my pokemon so tha tI could play through Kanto with a level 5, and train it up. With a level 100 in the back just in case. :p

Keaton

Premium
Vauxchen-kun;183029 said:
Actually, I got 3 copies of mew when I went to an event in Oxford a couple of eyars ago. I had one on fire red, oen on ruby and one on sapphire. I forgot to take my other sapphire and emerald, so I coul;dn't get 5.

GS by far is the best because you had effectivly, 2 games in 1. I used to breed my pokemon so tha tI could play through Kanto with a level 5, and train it up. With a level 100 in the back just in case. :p

Lol! Nice idea! :D

Mew is a rare event over here, unless you live near a Toys'R'Us or a relevant Vue Cinema, thats where I got my Deoxys ^^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ah back in the day when i quite enjoyed it. Until like many things it was turned into a cash cow and milked for everything it had and now hardly anyone speaks of it. My favourites were Gold and Silver, the last 2 before the brand was thrown to the corporate wolves to have their way with.

Keaton

Premium
Much love for Gold and Silver it seems lol, I completly agree.
It still has more to offer than the latest installments, 16 badges instead of 8 and two giant maps to explore - Nintendo/Game Freak got it right with G/S, now they need the spark back with HGSS if they want to keep me as a fan - I've endured enough half-arsed sequels from them ^^

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
My favorite still remains Yellow. I didnt care much for Pikachu, for the first batle with Brock was a huge pain, but later after i managed to get my Alakazam, Gengar, Needoking and queen, Mewtwo and Gyarados (if i remember their names correctly) i owned everything that was in the game ^^
It had the best images aswell, compared to Red and Blue. I tryed Silver later, but i didnt like it much. And after that Diamond - meh aswell.
So i`ll just go with Yellow.

Keaton

Premium
DeviRyuuD;183113 said:
My favorite still remains Yellow. I didnt care much for Pikachu, for the first batle with Brock was a huge pain, but later after i managed to get my Alakazam, Gengar, Needoking and queen, Mewtwo and Gyarados (if i remember their names correctly) i owned everything that was in the game ^^
It had the best images aswell, compared to Red and Blue. I tryed Silver later, but i didnt like it much. And after that Diamond - meh aswell.
So i`ll just go with Yellow.

I agree with the sprites, they were such an improvement on Red and Blue that it almost made a mockery of the previous games. I also liked having all three starter Pokemon although Charmander has always been simply epic :D

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Keaton;183114 said:
I agree with the sprites, they were such an improvement on Red and Blue that it almost made a mockery of the previous games. I also liked having all three starter Pokemon although Charmander has always been simply epic :D

Always fire for me .... any of the starters i choose fire as its the best , even when i know the gyms coming up are water or rock and psychic or anything else to that matter as i find fire pokemon die easier but the bug forests in the kanto is so easy to get through with EMBER !! :lol: :D;) problem is though i never get a grass or water pokemon til i need it :lol:

Top Bottom