• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Janny

Dines with dementia
Nice thread idea, always fun to read about our higher-ups. ^.^

Who's up for a more, uh, morbid question? Let's say you're the world's last hope and struggling hero etc etc, and you're forced to choose between saving an entire town of people or a few of your friends (from death, obviously). What would you pick and why?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
would u rather have ur heart ripped out or ur head chopped off...and there are machines to where u retain feeling for a few seconds either way?

P.S...without the head u would literally be beside urself...hahahhaa :D

HikenNoAce

One King One Legend
Premium
@ DMC Staff: Hope this won't be annoying to ask again, but...

Can we have 300x150 pixels for avatar and profile picure? >_<
Make it as a feature that will upgrade after 500 posts... Fair? >_<

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Janny;274349 said:

Who's up for a more, uh, morbid question? Let's say you're the world's last hope and struggling hero etc etc, and you're forced to choose between saving an entire town of people or a few of your friends (from death, obviously). What would you pick and why?

Friends, call me jaded and heartless but I value the lives of my friends above those of people I don't know, I've shared some of my best times with my friends and I'd trust my life with some of them, in a scenario like that, I'd rather have friends I can trust rather than a town of people that could turn on me in a moment's notice.

GamblingGambitCloud;274412 said:
would u rather have ur heart ripped out or ur head chopped off...and there are machines to where u retain feeling for a few seconds either way?

I have a very dark sense of humour, so I'd go with the head chopped off, the number of jokes and puns I'd come out with before I died...

ArabianLuffy;274419 said:
@ DMC Staff: Hope this won't be annoying to ask again, but...

Can we have 300x150 pixels for avatar and profile picure? >_<
Make it as a feature that will upgrade after 500 posts... Fair? >_<

As far as I know, if you're a gold supporter you get a bump up in avatar size by about 50px either way, but I think the size that's in place now is perfectly reasonable, I've seen forums with bigger avatar sizes and it just becomes stupidly distracting and makes things incredibly ugly.

So I doubt it'd come into effect, but I can't really speak for Steve, you'd be better off asking him.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Janny;274349 said:

Neither. I'd go off on holiday somewhere nice instead :)
GamblingGambitCloud;274412 said:

My head - then I can see what my knees look like from another perspective. It's important stuff.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A silly question for the staffs:

Do you know any quick ways to lose weight? Because I am desperate for it and because I am an obese man. :lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
LOL - find out how many calories are required for your height and weight, to begin with. Ensure you are eating AT LEAST that amount before even thinking of losing weight - slow and steady loss is the key here to prevent fluctuations. Use a site called foodfocus.co.uk (yes, it's british but the principles are there) to calculate what you've eaten, your exercise regime and what's left to burn off to lose weight. It calculates it all for you, so no real effort required.

As your activity increases, so does your calorie intake otherwise you risk getting very ill. I currently live off about 700 calories per day when I ought to be having about 1640 - so I'm not only not losing any weight but my body is also burning muscle rather than fat; it's called starvation mode and you want to avoid it. Once your stomach gets uses to very little, it will rebel when you want to put more in - then you're in trouble.

So quick solutions are by and large dangerous and should only be considered as one-offs in the short term for a special event or similar. Slow and steady is best :)

/wall o'text :lol:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angel;274589 said:
LOL - find out how many calories are required for your height and weight, to begin with. Ensure you are eating AT LEAST that amount before even thinking of losing weight - slow and steady loss is the key here to prevent fluctuations. Use a site called foodfocus.co.uk (yes, it's british but the principles are there) to calculate what you've eaten, your exercise regime and what's left to burn off to lose weight. It calculates it all for you, so no real effort required.

As your activity increases, so does your calorie intake otherwise you risk getting very ill. I currently live off about 700 calories per day when I ought to be having about 1640 - so I'm not only not losing any weight but my body is also burning muscle rather than fat; it's called starvation mode and you want to avoid it. Once your stomach gets uses to very little, it will rebel when you want to put more in - then you're in trouble.

So quick solutions are by and large dangerous and should only be considered as one-offs in the short term for a special event or similar. Slow and steady is best :)

/wall o'text :lol:

Oh, thanks. This will help me immensely. :D Should I exercise regularly, or not when I start to apply your suggestion?

Here is my picture with my friends. I am the top right guy. This was taken last year. How fat do you think I am, Angel? From scale one to ten.

image0013a.jpg

P.S. - I look the same as a year ago, except shorter hair.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hell, you're thinner than me by a loooong shot. Your height and weight, plus lifestyle factors need to be taken into consideration when sorting out any sort of new exercise and diet plan.

Exercise every day for about 30 minutes at the very least - doesn't have to be at a gym or running or anything over the top. Any decent doctor would recommend starting with something like brisk walking and swimming if you've not done anything too strenuous before. Swimming is excellent, by the way, as it uses the whole body plus you have the added resistance of water to help you work that bit harder.

Start small, start slowly and don't stress it - everything in moderation :)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angel;274606 said:
Hell, you're thinner than me by a loooong shot. Your height and weight, plus lifestyle factors need to be taken into consideration when sorting out any sort of new exercise and diet plan.

Exercise every day for about 30 minutes at the very least - doesn't have to be at a gym or running or anything over the top. Any decent doctor would recommend starting with something like brisk walking and swimming if you've not done anything too strenuous before. Swimming is excellent, by the way, as it uses the whole body plus you have the added resistance of water to help you work that bit harder.

Start small, start slowly and don't stress it - everything in moderation :)

Huh??? No way! I saw your picture ages ago, and you look slender yourself! Not to mention pretty, of course. Are you sure you got the right guy? I am the one who who put his hands behind a guy's back, and my watch can be seen clearly.

I see. Nice advice. :D Should I avoid certain types of food?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I have slim hair :lol:

Obviously avoid very salty and fatty foods - carbs are a must no matter what anyone tells you. Deep fried everything is fine in small, rare amounts but not frequently. If you are partial to fried food of any kind, try stir-fries or a low-calorie oil such as Fry-Lite (that's what we have here - one calorie per spray). Drink plenty of fluids - more often than not a person is thirsty rather than hungry but doesn't realise it.

Also if you know you tend to eat when bored or unhappy, find things to occupy you that keep you from considering food as a comfort/activity. Aim for three sensible meals a day and three sensible snacks such as seeds, fruit, raw vegetables etc.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angel;274611 said:
I have slim hair :lol:

Obviously avoid very salty and fatty foods - carbs are a must no matter what anyone tells you. Deep fried everything is fine in small, rare amounts but not frequently. If you are partial to fried food of any kind, try stir-fries or a low-calorie oil such as Fry-Lite (that's what we have here - one calorie per spray). Drink plenty of fluids - more often than not a person is thirsty rather than hungry but doesn't realise it.

Also if you know you tend to eat when bored or unhappy, find things to occupy you that keep you from considering food as a comfort/activity. Aim for three sensible meals a day and three sensible snacks such as seeds, fruit, raw vegetables etc.

I see. Nice advice. Gonna try it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot, Angel. :D

Rep+ for you. :D

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
you only have 1 pound/dollar (depending on where you live)

you are both thirsty and hungry beyond belief.

do you buy a soda or a candy bar?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
you have to chose between watching the most boring movie ever five thousand times with no bathroom break or get ur nails ripped from ur fingers....which would u choose?

Meg

^ What's with all the creepy questions?

Something happy! :lol:

If you could meet anyone who would it be?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^ i was trying to think of random ones...i'll do a happy one...

If you could watch an elephant stand on a ball while holding a balloon and singing the Star Spangled Banner backwards in front of an audience of clown painted chicken-frogs....or watch the funniest, most random movie on the face of the earth...what would u choose?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The crazy demon;274758 said:
Dear staff.

What was the first tgame you played?
Pong.
GamblingGambitCloud;274787 said:
dear staff,
if u were invisible and had no conscience...who would u spy on in the shower?
Hehehehe...I'm not answering that one :lol:
cheezMcNASTY;274797 said:
you only have 1 pound/dollar (depending on where you live)

you are both thirsty and hungry beyond belief.

do you buy a soda or a candy bar?
Soda - you can live a looong time without food. Apparently.
GamblingGambitCloud;274807 said:
you have to chose between watching the most boring movie ever five thousand times with no bathroom break or get ur nails ripped from ur fingers....which would u choose?
Boring movie - I have no qualms about peeing myself if I had to.
meg127;274810 said:
^ What's with all the creepy questions?

Something happy! :lol:

If you could meet anyone who would it be?
That's a tough one...I'd probably go with Smith Wigglesworth.
GamblingGambitCloud;274835 said:
^ i was trying to think of random ones...i'll do a happy one...

If you could watch an elephant stand on a ball while holding a balloon and singing the Star Spangled Banner backwards in front of an audience of clown painted chicken-frogs....or watch the funniest, most random movie on the face of the earth...what would u choose?
Movie again - clowns freak me out, so anything even remotely resembling one would terrify me.

Top Bottom