• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know the end of Vergil's campaign cutscene yet?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Point stands. There's nothing backing up such an insistence.
@Veloran , at this point there is nothing which points Vergil would ever care about this unfortunate boy either.Vergil didn't care about his own brother or even respected his mother, much less himself, how would he care for a unwanted boy produced with a human woman, probably a scarlet woman?! None of us are sure of anything.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
His introductory cutscene in DMC3SE alone had 200% more merit than both of the ones included here.

Yeah true. Those scenes felt purposeful at least. The first showed how he met Arkham and the second ties with DMC1.

Here I can't see the purpose of them.

Vergil didn't care about his own brother

That's true but not really at the same time. Dante's his nemesis, but deeply inside he does care for him.

But we also know Vergil has kind of a stone heart, so it's not far fetched to think what you think.

Sure as hell this ending does not do anything to come to any conclusion, for both sides.

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Apparently getting more kills during Vergil's credits does in fact do something, it was just asked on stream. Itsuno said he'd like people to discover it on their own.
Hmm, probably an undercover woman leaving a baby in the orphanage's door or something.

Veloran

@Veloran , at this point there is nothing which points Vergil would ever care about this unfortunate boy either.
Guy is crazy about family and legacy.

Vergil didn't care about his own brother
Arguable.

or even respected his mother,
His mother is like half the basis of why he did everything he did.

much less himself,
What?

how would he care for a unwanted boy produced with a human woman, probably a scarlet woman?!
Who knows.

Here I can't see the purpose of them.
Pretty sure they're both to establish a further connection to Nero. Previously, other than Deadly Fortune, there was nothing saying that Vergil had ever even come to Fortuna.

Given that they look exactly the same (Nero's being a ghost)....irrelevant?
Uh.. No?

GQE6jjw.jpg

PeZ7qOW.png

His shadow at the end matches the top design almost exactly, much more so than the bottom.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The shadow of Vergil looks like Nero's DT with the asymmetrical shoulders.

Yes I know I was responding to the Gentleman stating that their DTs look the same.

I know that shadow looks like Nero. However that shadow does not reflect Vergil DT appearance.

DMCGamer1989

Yes I know I was responding to the Gentleman stating that their DTs look the same.

I know that shadow looks like Nero. However that shadow does not reflect Vergil DT appearance.
Sorry, my bad. Honestly, as much as I liked this ending sequence, the reference seemed forced.

DMCGamer1989

LOL okay. I reckon visuals can still hold their ground.
Indeed, other than that, there's really not much to it other than a vague reference. I think the shadow at the end works in tandem with the mysterious woman at the beginning . On their own, they make no sense.

DMCGamer1989

In which way exactly?
Well, the woman in the intro is clearly interested in Vergil and with her red coloration and the fact that she stands out gives her a slight level of importance and the fact that Vergil's shadow resembles Nero's DT vaguely implies Vergil's connection to Nero.

Also in the original DMC4 Nero's DT was a "shadow" so to speak. But I may be over-thinking this.

Last edited:

Veloran

Indeed, other than that, there's really not much to it other than a vague reference. I think the shadow at the end works in tandem with the mysterious woman at the beginning . On their own, they make no sense.
Pretty much. In a vacuum, they don't mean anything. Combined with each other and what we already know, they're further points towards the connection with Nero.

DMCGamer1989

Pretty much. In a vacuum, they don't mean anything. Combined with each other and what we already know, they're further points towards the connection with Nero.
Exactly. It's more of a confirmation of what people already believed rather than a brand new plot twist.

7 years of waiting really ups expectations.

Blazer-X

Hmm, I wonder if we could get someone to get to the kill threshold without Super Vergil. I doubt it'd be 100 enemies, given the short time and the slow spawn. I could see maybe 50ish at best, so that might be our threshold for whatever bonus we could get.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I remember that Kobayashi, the producer, once said that people were mistaken when they thought that the phantom behind Nero was Vergil. That thing is Nero's DT and what Nero really looks like when in DT.

DMCGamer1989

I remember that Kobayashi, the producer, once said that people were mistaken when they thought that the phantom behind Nero was Vergil. That thing is Nero's DT and what Nero really looks like when in DT.
I think Nero's DT was confirmed as the manifestation of his own soul.

Top Bottom