• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know the end of Vergil's campaign cutscene yet?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Today is the day Vergil's story mode/gameplay will be streamed in nicovideo, so V's ending will be made known in the latter hours of this day.

Gel

Premium
1o hours counting from now for ending to be possibly leaked. Apparently gameplay stream will be shown in 2 hours or so.

Viper

Premium
how can I look at it what button do I click lol
You need to register, and then in 11:27 it opens, giving you option to watch. But you need to be quick, niconico says their live streams are limited, you can get kicked out if the limit is reached.

Veloran

The stream ended a few minutes ago. Don't suppose anyone tuned in early enough to catch the Vergil segment?

Viper

Premium
The stream ended a few minutes ago. Don't suppose anyone tuned in early enough to catch the Vergil segment?
Luckily I've put it on timeshift, so I've seen it... but there was no Vergil. I am absolutely positive the article that gave me the link said it will be about Vergil, but what they showed were images we already saw, trailer we already saw and Lady's gameplay. There seemed to be more streams lined up, but with game coming out any day now there is no point.

Veloran

Saw the ending on a NicoNico stream.

After beating Sanctus there's a DMC3 style sequence where you fight Scarecrows in the final boss room (That's where that scene of Vergil there in the trailer comes from), with a counter for how many you've killed and a countdown timer. It cut out at exactly 40, I'm not sure if that was the max or if the guy ran out of time, I feel like it might be the latter. Either way, he managed to get the Vante skin, though I'm not sure if that was tied to this or something else.

Anyway, the ending I saw was Vergil leaving Fortuna at night. I missed the first line or so because the subtitles were in Japanese, but the latter ones were Vergil saying things like how he'd surpass the Order's God and that they'd come to know his power in time. It reminded me of what he said to Sanctus in Deadly Fortune. As he's saying this, the camera pans out behind him to his shadow, which doesn't match Vergil's body. It looked like it could have been Nero's DT, Sparda, or maybe Nelo Angelo.

After that was the ending art, which looks to be unique and new for every difficulty. This one in particular was Vergil, captioned "I guess you're no casual, huh?".

I feel as though there may be a secondary ending depending on how well you do during the credits sequence.

There are more streams that are closing in on the end of the game as Vergil, so I'll try and grab a screencap during the next one to better verify this.

Veloran

@Veloran
It can very well be that if you kill 100 demons during credits another ending will be unlocked. There was in DMC3SE, and there was in DMC4.
That's what I was thinking. In DMC4 it was to protect Kyrie for the duration of the time limit, and no counter, but for this that wasn't the case. It depends on where the target cap is supposed to be.

Gel

Premium
So in the end we still has the possibility of Vergil had brought the child into the town or he really had a quickie in town and left.

Veloran

So in the end we still has the possibility of Vergil had brought the child into the town or he really had a quickie in town and left.
All the information we have suggests some form of the latter.

Streams are starting up on Twitch, by the way.

Gel

Premium
All the information we have suggests some form of the latter.

Streams are starting up on Twitch, by the way.
And would him have time for it?Unless he had spent the night before with the fast woman.

Top Bottom