• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know the end of Vergil's campaign cutscene yet?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
*Camly*Yes, probably.And DMC5 is not worth of waiting.

Gel

Premium
Who's to say how long he was even in the city?
Novel suggests it was a brief stay, but it suggests too Nero's mother wasn't a professional, only rumours.

PS: no extra ending, it seems!

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
After going through handful of streamers and putting up with twitchy video on twitch, I saw Vergil's ending and it is the most openest open ending I have ever seen. There has to be DMC5 otherwise what was the point of the chick in the intro? or should I perhaps take lessons in mind reading?

Gel

Premium
After going through handful of streamers and putting up with twitchy video on twitch, I saw Vergil's ending at it is the most openest open ending I have ever seen. There has to be DMC5 otherwise what was the point of the chick in the intro? or should I perhaps take lessons in mind reading?
YESSSSSSSSS, ma'am!

Viper

Premium
How do you know?
I strongly presume, since the guy I saw playing was, while not a pro, definitely a decent player, and even he barely got over 40 and only got one ending. Demons even aren't spawning fast enough to go much higher. The counter seems to be for the bonus costume and the trophy.
I'm open for any possibility, but you'd have to be the god of DMC to get to 100 kills like people claim should be.

Veloran

I strongly presume, since the guy I saw playing was, while not a pro, definitely a decent player, and even he barely got over 40 and only got one ending. Demons even aren't spawning fast enough to go much higher. The counter seems to be for the bonus costume and the trophy.
I'm open for any possibility, but you'd have to be the god of DMC to get to 100 kills like people claim should be.
Who was it?

Dante94513

Guys. Saw the ending. Honestly

It was a major disappointment IMO. It was basically coincidence. You don't do get any answers at the end of Vergil's story than what we already know. And...

Vergil did abandon Nero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium

It was a major disappointment IMO. It was basically coincidence. You don't do get any answers at the end of Vergil's story than what we already know. And...

Vergil did abandon Nero.
Basically Nero was dumped as trash in the orphanage, no matter by who.

Khundy

Berserker

Vergil did abandon Nero.

Just saw it too, and it was lame! Still excited to play but yeah................

outoftheblue

@Viper Which is why the whole "son of Vergil" still doesn´t make any sense to me. The shadow sooo does bring me back to Nero´s and Dante´s first encounter. Dante´s "you are carrying something else" .The wording has been eating at me since then.
Not denying any cannon, just trying to explain why it did seem to me Capcom had written themselves into a corner with than fast one, when it would make so much more sense having Vergil inside Nero , in so many ways they could have chosen to, making it also so much easier to bring him back, if wanted...

Back on topic, what an anticlimatic ending scene....so open, so nothing.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not denying any cannon

To clarify, this is a cannon.

suarez_cannon.jpg

LOL I think you meant "canon" instead.

Gel

Premium
The cutscene shows that?
Man, Vergil literally left the boy in Fortuna, no matter if at orphanage's door or in Nero's mother womb, but the boy was left behind by his old man, so definitively Vergil has no redeeming qualities, contrary to the usual Japanese villains who usually are good parents or ,at least, take interest in their children.

Top Bottom