• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know the end of Vergil's campaign cutscene yet?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil has no redeeming qualities

Well that is actually not true (going out the whole father thing), but that's a topic for another thread.

But my question was not to question (eh sorry for the word play here) what you said, it was just out of curiosity cause I haven't seen the ending yet, can't find it anywhere.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well that is actually not true (going out the whole father thing), but that's a topic for another thread.

But my question was not to question (eh sorry for the word play here) what you said, it was just out of curiosity cause I haven't seen the ending yet, can't find it anywhere.
No, it isn't in the cutscene, but the guy has no honor at all: he abandon his own child to his luck/death,shows a total lack of respect by his own mother's sacrifice, destroys everything in his way and tries to kill humanity in the process( his child included), only for , in a most hypocritical way, to show his face in his boy's dreams, as he was concerned with Nero's survival? This guy is a monster! even if he had redeeming qualities, they were easily surpassed by the evil he has done.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
even if he had redeeming qualities, they were easily surpassed by the evil he has done.

Ehm... duh! It's called villany for a reason. Who says he's necessarily supposed to be redeemed? And since when was Vergil portrayed as carrier of good virtue? He's a villain.

Like, Emhyr var Emreys or Dethmold or even Radovid (I come up with Witcher characters here, cause I'm soooo into it right now) are all complete and total POS, among the worst people I've ever seen in videogames, so? It's their role to be like that.

Blazer-X

And since when was Vergil portrayed as carrier of good virtue? He's a villain.

A long time ago when most of us only know him best as Nelo Angelo. Granted, his original story has long since been retcon by DMC3.

Its cool that they are referencing Deadly Fortune with Vergil's segment. But I will be lying if I say I wasn't disappointed that they didn't bother doing more with his cutscenes. One small reference to Nero (outside of the DT shadow) would have been all they needed.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A long time ago when most of us only know him best as Nelo Angelo.

He was controlled and brainwashed by Mundus. He was not truly himself in that form. Of all the appearances Vergil has made in the series, the least reliable in terms of getting his true personality is Nelo Angelo.

Gel

Premium
Ehm... duh! It's called villany for a reason. Who says he's necessarily supposed to be redeemed? And since when was Vergil portrayed as carrier of good virtue? He's a villain.

Like, Emhyr var Emreys or Dethmold or even Radovid (I come up with Witcher characters here, cause I'm soooo into it right now) are all complete and total POS, among the worst people I've ever seen in videogames, so? It's their role to be like that.
Very flat villain, isn't him?!Let me give a hint of how DMC5 will turn to be :
Evil dad tries to manipulate his child by saying how much he loves his boy.The poor boy, yearning for his father's love, will do anything to please him, even resurrected his father and destroy the world in the process.Only his uncle could save the boy and defeat the villainous father, sending him back to hell.
The poor biy starts to hate his uncle for him killing his father again, so be becomes himself a villain.This is a very japanese trope.This is DMC5.Is this what we want?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Very flat villain, isn't him?!

No.

Let me give a hint of how DMC5 will turn to be :

Evil dad tries to manipulate his child by saying how much he loves his boy.The poor boy, yearning for his father's love, will do anything to please him, even resurrected his father and destroy the world in the process.Only his uncle could save the boy and defeat the villainous father, sending him back to hell.

The poor biy starts to hate his uncle for him killing his father again, so be becomes himself a villain.This is a very japanese trope.This is DMC5.

Uh, that's just a whole load of assumptions.

Veloran

http://www.twitch.tv/infernoblast32/b/669868519
Towards the end.

No, it isn't in the cutscene, but the guy has no honor at all: he abandon his own child to his luck/death,shows a total lack of respect by his own mother's sacrifice, destroys everything in his way and tries to kill humanity in the process( his child included), only for , in a most hypocritical way, to show his face in his boy's dreams, as he was concerned with Nero's survival? This guy is a monster! even if he had redeeming qualities, they were easily surpassed by the evil he has done.
What the hell are you talking about?

Vergil most likely never even knew Nero existed. You can't abandon something you don't know about.

Very flat villain, isn't him?!Let me give a hint of how DMC5 will turn to be :
The poor biy starts to hate his uncle for him killing his father again, so be becomes himself a villain.This is a very japanese trope.This is DMC5.Is this what we want?
None of that makes any sense.

Gel

Premium
Vergil most likely never even knew Nero existed. You can't abandon something you don't know about.
Believe on me: it wouldn't make any difference.
So much hype for an empty ending.Hope at least gameplay is worth of it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So much hype for an empty ending.Hope at least gameplay is worth of it.

I'm sorry Gel, do you remember how many times I told you that Capcom said that the ending was not gonna contain any story revelations? And how you told me that you knew it? There was no reason to get hyped to begin with, and you knew it, yet you expected it... insert Jackie Chan head rubbing meme here.

Well gameplay does look worthy, yeah it does.

Gel

Premium
No. Your opinion ain't evidence man.
Lady, I'm a woman. but who cares anyway, too late!
I'm sorry Gel, do you remember how many times I told you that Capcom said that the ending was not gonna contain any story revelations? And how you told me that you knew it? There was no reason to get hyped to begin with, and you knew it,
Yes, I said that. Sorry for expecting the best from the worst, but after all the treatment DMC4Se had, DMC is no more worthy of hope. Capcom just can't deliver.
Now let's stick to the subject.

Veloran

Lady, I'm a woman. but who cares anyway, too late!
Point stands. There's nothing backing up such an insistence.

Yes, I said that. Sorry for expecting the best from the worst, but after all the treatment DMC4Se had, DMC is no more worthy of hope. Capcom just can't deliver.
This "cutscene" was one of the lamest things I've seen. :/ It explains NOTHING. It teases NOTHING. It's not even fanservicey. :|
I don't get it. We've known for weeks that Vergil's ending wouldn't contain any big plot revelations. Frankly, the DT shadow is more than I expected.

Now let's stick to the subject.
Is this not the subject? I mean this thread was made to talk about the ending. We're talking about the ending.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
On the ending itself, I gotta agree it was still lame. Very lame.

Granted, I've never given a damn about the whole Vergil/Nero fatherly relationship and actually, I didn't even want them to touch that subject in the SE, I wanted them to use the SE to "revive" Vergil from the dead or wherever he's been since DMC1. They didn't do it. This ending leads to nothing, ties to nothing.

The novel reference was cool but the whole thing is ultimately pointless.

They did better in DMC3SE. At least that extra ending with Vergil tied into DMC1.

Reactions: Gel

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Yeah, but it didn't contain anything. At all. Just him walking, with his shadow resembling his devil trigger. It's NOTHING. WHATSOEVER.

His introductory cutscene in DMC3SE alone had 200% more merit than both of the ones included here.

Veloran

Apparently getting more kills during Vergil's credits does in fact do something, it was just asked on stream. Itsuno said he'd like people to discover it on their own.

Top Bottom