• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any love for Vergil at all?

Azurel

For DmC Vergil fans: One of FB posted wallpapers :)

201970_391217900944247_563544013_o.jpg

Thanks for this. I shall tattoo it onto my back (like the Dragon of Dojima) straight away. ^_^

So fundamentally you just dont like it overall?

So will you be playing this game at all?

Let's wait and see how Vergil plays first.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Thanks for this. I shall tattoo it onto my back (like the Dragon of Dojima) straight away. ^_^

Let's wait and see how Vergil plays first.

I hear that. I'm giving the game a chance regardless. I know there is alot about the game people dont like. Hell, I'm still not to thrilled about Dante's design, even after they cleaned him up a bit. But I cant judge a game off of a few trailers and gameplay footage. Ill only know if I like it when I get a final copy in my hands

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's possible I may play it at some point, but from what I have been shown so far I won't be buying it at release price. As the fan or consumer, withholding my financial support is the only way I can exert any influence (however miniscule) on quality control.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
It's possible I may play it at some point, but from what I have been shown so far I won't be buying it at release price. As the fan or consumer, withholding my financial support is the only way I can exert any influence (however miniscule) on quality control.

Really? Quality control?

Anyway. Fair enough.

Im sure if Ninja Theory screws this one up badly enough, there will not be a DmC 2. But then again if there isn't a sequel to this one, they cant really go back to the old series unless they do a Sparda origin game. Which will mean yet another reboot or the downright end of the series altogether.

Wow. If this game ends up sucking, then we are all screwed. Better keep your PS2s and copies of the old series just in case that happens. Or get the HD version on PS3 and 360.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

well i love the new vergil he has more life in him than ever before....and im sure he is a stone killer when it comes to smashing some demons ^_^

and plz someone tell me why they find him talking to much??? either im deaf or i cant hear it for some reason :/

Azurel

well i love the new vergil he has more life in him than ever before....and im sure he is a stone killer when it comes to smashing some demons ^_^

and plz someone tell me why they find him talking to much??? either im deaf or i cant hear it for some reason :/

Because they say he's too soft.

"Ohh noooo! He's not a silent, anime trope! Ninja Theory's Vergil sucks! Help us! Help us!"

Seriously??

"No, forget character development. We want Vergil to be cool again. How dare they take away our shallow, one-dimensional character!"

This is the best thing that could have happened to Vergil. He has depth. He has charisma. He has conflicting emotions and feelings. This feels like a real person with a soul. That can never be considered a bad thing.

Being a cold, ruthless swordsman is fun for a while. But if you want your character to age well, if you want him to last, then the character needs to have layers. Complexity. Believable motivations. Without that, you just end up with... DMC3 Vergil.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Because they say he's too soft.

"Ohh noooo! He's not a silent, anime trope! Ninja Theory's Vergil sucks! Help us! Help us!"

Seriously??

"No, forget character development. We want Vergil to be cool again. How dare they take away our shallow, one-dimensional character!"

This is the best thing that could have happened to Vergil. He has depth. He has charisma. He has conflicting emotions and feelings. This feels like a real person with a soul. That can never be considered a bad thing.

Being a cold, ruthless swordsman is fun for a while. But if you want your character to age well, if you want him to last, then the character needs to have layers. Complexity. Believable motivations. Without that, you just end up with... DMC3 Vergil.
i agree with you 100%....i mean i loved the old vergil but this new one could be as awesome as before only has a life other then power power like some vampire calling out for blood...

i just love it....and im really exited to see him in action ^_^

Azurel

i agree with you 100%....i mean i loved the old vergil but this new one could be as awesome as before only has a life other then power power like some vampire calling out for blood...

i just love it....and im really exited to see him in action ^_^

We all are. Trust me, this is a friend (and foe) that you will not forget. :steve:

Oh, and I decided to change my avatar to look more like yours. Good thinking on your part. :shifty:

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I didn't want the series to go in this direction - toward what more people 'can relate to' as Tameem expresses - though it was probably inevitable; as you can see, most people are lapping it up.

I'm with you on this one.

I don't dig either the look or his personality, or the voice. But that's me.

This made me curious. Even I don't like this Vergil or the way he's portrayed but if you comsider the settings of the game, don't you think he's alright? I mean it's a reboot and if I don't compare the two, this Vergil comes off as just like the new Dante came to me- An entirely new entity created for an entirely new universe, with the character built around the universe not the universe built around the character.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
2010: OMG DANTE HAS BLACK HAIR, GAEM GONA SUX!
2012: NOOOO!! VERGIL HAS BLONDE HAIR! GAME GONNA SUCK HARD!

Man, haters sure have mature comments...
I'm happy that the gameplay looks the same, hell even better.

Look at Splinter Cell Convition. They ruined the stealth aspect for good! Now it's a Third Person Shooter...:/ Seriously, like there already are better TPS games, like Max Payne 3?

Anyway, it's good to know that the genre is remained the same: Hack and Slash.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

LOL and imagine how your comment looks right now lol.

No better than the so called "haters" if you ask me.

Azurel

I'm happy that the gameplay looks the same, hell even better.

Look at Splinter Cell Convition. They ruined the stealth aspect for good! Now it's a Third Person Shooter...:/ Seriously, like there already are better TPS games, like Max Payne 3?

Anyway, it's good to know that the genre is remained the same: Hack and Slash.

lol, I actually really liked Splinter Cell: Conviction. But I see your point.

Yeah, people like to base characters off of first impressions and never even look at them ever again. Which is a shame. :/

Top Bottom