• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

ZeroLove

HD re-release, there was a NiGHTS sequel for the wii but that was years ago.

Ah okay. It's not a series I follow, so I'm glad you could inform me. ^^
I've been a fan of Sonic and Megaman since childhood, so I am used to get disappointed by crappy games or promises that the companies would never follow up on, cancellations etc... So I guess I am just used to how the game company machine works and therefore won't have my expectations be too high. I do not lose hope, I just don't hope for the impossible. ;)

Calypso Dynamo

I really dont understand why we can't compare DmC to MGR? im not being facitious or trying to start a fight but they are two games in the same genre with similar combat. Just because you might prefer one over the other doesnt mean the other is automatically bad.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Did someone say NiGHTS?
godyus.
I really dont understand why we can't compare DmC to MGR? im not being facitious or trying to start a fight but they are two games in the same genre with similar combat. Just because you might prefer one over the other doesnt mean the other is automatically bad.
That's the thing, they are not similar at all..two totally different games. The only thing to compare MGR to is to Ninja Gaiden.
That's basically it.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
That's where you are wrong bro. Same genre yes, but not similar combat at all since MGR focuses on speed and efficency rather than flashy combos and getting a high style meter.

Calypso Dynamo

Did someone say NiGHTS?
godyus.

That's the thing, they are not similar at all..two totally different games. The only thing to compare MGR to is to Ninja Gaiden.
That's basically it.
I really don't see how theyre that different, both are fast paced, action hac and slashes with an emphasis on custom combos, obtaining high scores and stylishness, MGR just seems to favour countering while DmC favors juggeling.

ZeroLove

Just comparing those two games with one another wouldn't be fair though. There's also Bayonetta, God of War, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden and other hack'n slash games that have as much in comparison as DmC and MGR.

Calypso Dynamo

Just comparing those two games with one another wouldn't be fair though. There's also Bayonetta, God of War, Darksiders and other hack'n slash games that have as much in comparison as DmC and MGR.
well of course who said you could only compare those two? Most people are only comparing them in particular because they are the first two of the genre this year. and for some they may only be able to pic up one or the other, not me i already own both, sheewt!

ZeroLove

well of course who said you could only compare those two? Most people are only comparing them in particular because they are the first two of the genre this year. and for some they may only be able to pic up one or the other, not me i already own both, sheewt!

Well, that's what people do... They compare DmC and MGR... just the two of them. Which I just said is rather unfair, but yeah, it is understandable considering, as you said, they are two of the same genre coming out this year and so close to one another as well. ^^

Calypso Dynamo

I just don't get rivalries, they are both CLEARLY awesome games and depriving yourself of one or the other espically over a stupid rivalry is just dumb...

ZeroLove

I just don't get rivalries, they are both CLEARLY awesome games and depriving yourself of one or the other espically over a stupid rivalry is just dumb...

People need scapegoats so they can defend their fandom. DMC fans being butthurt about DmC ran to MGR. Fans will always have this childish need to talk down at other fandoms so their own fandom can seem superiour. That's just the way it is. It is shameful... but it's the eternal truth.

D H

I

Edit:
gNZFls2.png

Wait, wait, wait. Now publications are all about depth? With DmC it was nothing but praise for the streamlined mechanics and increased "accessibility". Now it's "It's not deep enough... 7/10".

Terrutas

People need scapegoats so they can defend their fandom. DMC fans being butthurt about DmC ran to MGR. Fans will always have this childish need to talk down at other fandoms so their own fandom can seem superiour. That's just the way it is. It is shameful... but it's the eternal truth.
You're making DMC fans sound like narcissists.

Terrutas

Aren't all gamers?
Uhh..no? if I were a narcissist I'd tell you how ugly you look compared to me and how much better I am than you in DMC4 and how you have a **** taste in games,but I don't. because I don't think like one,savvy? .

Calypso Dynamo

The sad part is every game i'm intersted in this year is dealing with undeserved amounts of hate online, the MGS forums hate on MGR, Tomb Raider is dealing with theyre own haters and DmC...well you now how thats been. I miss the days when people just played games and enjoyed them instead of acting lie a bunch of entiteld brats who bitch and moan about everything....a then probably still play the game.

ZeroLove

Then you are definately seeing something from another perspective than me. Being in this gaming community for over 16 years and still doing all I can to work in the gaming industry, I've seen my share of things which might have made me... jaded? I dunno, but to me all gamers are narcissists. It's a generalization, of course, so that means not ALL are like that, but the majority are. They are narcissists in that what their fandom, whatever it is, is to them the best of them all and all other fandoms are considered lesser. There are people who go out of their way to defend it instead of admitting that it might not be all that great as they want it to be.

Top Bottom