• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

AlchemistFromEden

I just watched a video of the final boss of this game and it's rather disappointing. Without spoiling anything, let's say that there are mid-battle cutscenes that are more intrusive than the ones in the DmC final boss fight and A LOT of QTEs.

For anyone who is interested.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS
oh the pure pure irony, but no lemme guess QTEs and mid battle cutscenes are suddenly ok right?

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I think you are kinda stretching about that chief.
That's not that far fetched of a notion as I have heard this echoed soooooo many times and I was never able to get it as MGR has little in common with ANY DMC game other than the main character having white hair lol. it does not look or feel or play like any DMC game, a lot more like Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden, and a lot more bloody and violent and in some ways more ridiculous and over the top, you can really see the Platinum Games trademark wackiness in it.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
That's not that far fetched of a notion as I have heard this echoed soooooo many times and I was never able to get it as MGR has little in common with ANY DMC game other than the main character having white hair lol. it does not look or feel or play like any DMC game, a lot more like Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden, and a lot more bloody and violent and in some ways more ridiculous and over the top, you can really see the Platinum Games trademark wackiness in it.
Anyone with half a brain can see that Dante not having white hair is the least importen complains about the new DmC and prefering MGR because of Raidens hair is beyond stupid.

oh the pure pure irony, but no lemme guess QTEs and mid battle cutscenes are suddenly ok right?
How is it irony exactly? Some of us complained about the midcutscenes in DmC because the previous ones didn't have them (DMC4 doesn't really count since Neros buster cutscenes were purely optional, except Sanctus).

Midcutscenes in a P* game is their style and usually have a purpose to them rather than random slowdowns and "Dante stops to look at something".

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
gNZFls2.png

Guess Metal Gear Rising wasn't cut out to top DmC
should of compared it to Ninja gaiden instead. :/ stupid stupid people.

Infact, deleted.

I don't trust people to be mature about this. Yeah, I sound butthurt right now, I am mad, but no good will come out of this whole DmC Vs. Rising thing that's been going on here and every where else.

Edit:
gNZFls2.png

Go nuts little too late now, remember it's your own opinion that counts, not someone else's

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Infact, deleted.

I don't trust people to be mature about this. Yeah, I sound butthurt right now, I am mad, but no good will come out of this whole DmC Vs. Rising thing that's been going on here and every where else.
Aw :( you don't need to delete it for the sake of people not being mature, y'know.
But, you do have a point, people will come in and go "YAHAR! I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU, etc." to you, don't want that ^^
Here have a gif.
Soverylegit_ea655e2ca5eb41d8020d9108dca38b6e_zps7424ee54.gif

and now...we wait for others to flame you.
Good luck, Cherry. ;-; you're going to need it.
Unless they don't flame you, then I'll be surprised and happy. :D

I haven't done nothing, it's the context of the image that will have an impact on people here, not what I said, haha. Maybe people will be civil or maybe "it's time for Jack to let 'er rip!"

**** happens.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I haven't done nothing, it's the context of the image that will have an impact on people here, not what I said, haha. Maybe people will be civil or maybe "it's time for Jack to let 'er rip!"

**** happens.
We'll see in due time. :)
Also, Zoro, you know how sometimes the messenger gets shot and blamed :( Do not want that happening.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Blame that on the people who keep comparing them for the wrong reasons. ;)
Which seems to be all the anti-DmC people who ran to MGR with the reason in mind "It is more like DMC"...
I want to slap their faces for thinking like that.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
It's also like comparing Elder Scrolls to Far Cry because you can explore and stuff "Skyrim, with guns!"
...apparently they haven't heard of Fallout.

ZeroLove

I want to slap their faces for thinking like that.

This is selfish of me, but because I already like DmC and I look forward to MGR, not wanting to choose between them and not going to either, I can laugh light-heartedly at those who get all riled up because of this silly DmC VS MGR rivalry. I don't really care which game gets better reviews or sales or whatever... I live in the now. I don't care if there will be sequals, because I am sure there will be other games out there to entertain me. I don't involve myself exclusively into one franchise, so I'm not gonna be mad if a franchise fails. Disappointed, yes, but I will get over it and life will go on.

Top Bottom