• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
OFFTOPIC SORTA KINDA: So Vanquish is becoming free on PS3 plus? Anyone know if it's AWESOME?!
You can rocketslide on your knees while going slo-mo when shooting and then finally kick a big robot in the face after the slide.

If that isn't awesome then I don't know what is.

Soupie

Vanquish is a very short game but still a fun shooter. At its heart it's just like any other Japanese game, and that is being a skill-based game. There's a score system and a weapon level-up system that will have you somewhat strategizing on what approach would be best for fights.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Yeah I heard it was amazing, my friend rented it once and had fun rocketsliding everywhere.
Thanks guys <3
Okay back on topic.

Agent47_89

Don't give a **** if I'm acting smug, I can call a gaming journalist out on his on her bullshit if I want. Casual gamers should not be allowed to review games. Some poor soul is going to think gaming journalism is legit when they let these guys pretend they know what their talking about.

It's like if some reviewer complains about getting the alert status in Metal Gear Solid 3 all the time because it didn't tell him or her where the patrol guards are and how unfair it is that the enemies were off screen then the reviewer goes on to complain how the jungle makes things get in the way. Actually that's what a Modern Day journalist would be like.

I'm sorry about my attitude but this stuff really annoys me.

MGR is an action game, not a stealth game, having enemies disappear due to dodgy camera angles is a deep flaw, he went slightly overboard with the score, I think its a decent 7/10 but it's still a legitimate grip.

The are better ways on disagreeing with a score than acting like a smug prick.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
MGR is an action game, not a stealth game, having enemies disappear due to dodgy camera angles is a deep flaw, he went slightly overboard with the score, I think its a decent 7/10 but it's still a legitimate grip.

The are better ways on disagreeing with a score than acting like a smug prick.

I disagree it's a deep flaw, though I do agree the camara could be better.

The reason I say it's not a deep flaw is as you stated this is an action game. It's up to you to make sure you are aware of the situation and "herd" the enemies where you want. In an action game if you notice things getting hairy as they say it's up to a good player to change the situation or get out of there, not just continue mashing away with the attack button.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
You and me both.

I'm here because I like DMC but none of my friends like it and I'd lime 6o talk with others about it. But every now and then? I get like you do: what am I doing at 30 in a voideo game forum.

Yep. I've been a fan of DMC for a long time, and it seems like no one around me knows anything about it lol.... So yea, I'm 30, what am i doing on a game forum

ONTOPIC:
I'm not as hyped as i was for DmC, probably because the genre isn't stealth at all, but im a hack and slash love slut so, i mean i played games like Blades of Time and enjoyed it so, i think i'll have fun playing the game. Currently i'm watching the playthrough and it doesn't seem MGSish to me, more like NG, but i like NG so... whatever.

Agent47_89

I disagree it's a deep flaw, though I do agree the camara could be better.

The reason I say it's not a deep flaw is as you stated this is an action game. It's up to you to make sure you are aware of the situation and "herd" the enemies where you want. In an action game if you notice things getting hairy as they say it's up to a good player to change the situation or get out of there, not just continue mashing away with the attack button.

It's deep flaw for me because it has a tendency to swing into walls and corners when you were near them, you had to move out or slash to get the camera to swing back. At least in the demo.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
It's deep flaw for me because it has a tendency to swing into walls and corners when you were near them, you had to move out or slash to get the camera to swing back. At least in the demo.

I get you, luckily I didn't experience anything like that but can imagine how it'd be a frustrating experience.

AlchemistFromEden

Don't give a **** if I'm acting smug, I can call a gaming journalist out on his on her bullshit if I want. Casual gamers should not be allowed to review games. Some poor soul is going to think gaming journalism is legit when they let these guys pretend they know what their talking about.

It's like if some reviewer complains about getting the alert status in Metal Gear Solid 3 all the time because it didn't tell him or her where the patrol guards are and how unfair it is that the enemies were off screen then the reviewer goes on to complain how the jungle makes things get in the way. Actually that's what a Modern Day journalist would be like.

I'm sorry about my attitude but this stuff really annoys me.
any type of gamer should be allowed to review a game, especially average gamers because THE MAJORITY OF GAMERS ARE NOT "HARDCORE," so excuse them for not liking pretty outdated game design mechanics in a modern game, games shouldn't try to appeal to one niche fanbase

AlchemistFromEden

Wait, wait, wait. Now publications are all about depth? With DmC it was nothing but praise for the streamlined mechanics and increased "accessibility". Now it's "It's not deep enough... 7/10".
DmC has tons of depth that's just easier to master because its more accessible, just like using nero, MGR does't have this depth, at all, apparently, i wouldn't know because i haven't played anything other than the demo, (which i really disliked), and neither has anyone in this thread so i don't think anyone hear can tell journalist that they are wrong especially when most of them have the same opinions

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I really want to buy MGR but at this point I don't have the money to buy it :'( anyway i do have is going towards my anticipatiaded summer releases

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
~looks over at MGR. Plays demo. Not impressed with GoW style button mash hack n' slash. Goes back to DmC and awaits BP and Downfall.~ Yeah, not hyped for it, and Raiden thrusting at people with his sword in his FOOT looks really stupid to be perfectly honest.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
You can watch all the cutscenes in the "general gaming" and you can see how not impressive the dialog is, classic P*. But the fighting and action sequences are basically NON STOP CLIMAX ACTION.

and is there any upgrading in this game?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
~looks over at MGR. Plays demo. Not impressed with GoW style button mash hack n' slash. Goes back to DmC and awaits BP and Downfall.~ Yeah, not hyped for it, and Raiden thrusting at people with his sword in his FOOT looks really stupid to be perfectly honest.
First thing I noticed; "He has high heels. Mechanical, clawed high heels, but still, High heels."

Konami can put Cyborg stilettos on Raiden, but as soon as Ninja Theory slap a bit of black hair on Dante, they're responsible for the Holocaust.

Top Bottom