• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

Dante47

Others said they had issues even after the patch i didnt but whatever im done, dont want this entire thread to be about skyrim and my ps3
I told you, the patch prevented the game from crashing older variants of the Playstation 3 console.
I'm not making the thread about it, you just didn't understand what I've said countless times.
And you enjoyed Duke Nukem forever?
I honestly could not believe that it was coming out. I had to buy it, just to make sure my senses hadn't betrayed me.
Sure enough, it did come out... and it was awful.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well here's my feelings for MGR
tumblr_mi535yuEvC1rc0qj8o1_500.png

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'm looking forward to it as well. Also, the inevitable praise/bash comments to follow. Oh, well can't wait to hack and slash ninja style. :steve:

scionicspectre

I really was excited for Metal Gear : Rising for a long time. All of the unnecessary discussion and hype being used as a weapon against DmC, however, has killed my anticipation. I think I might try Tomb Raider in the meantime, and get Rising when things have cooled down- it may even be cheaper by then. To be honest, DmC is quite enough hack n' slash for me to handle. I'd prefer a change of pace.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
And you enjoyed Duke Nukem forever?
Yes I did, yes I was still disappointed in it but I still enjoyed it, there were lots of things in the game that were fun.
My score for it as a gamer would be a 6/10 and as a fan of Duke would be 7/10. The game is not terrible, not great, not good, it's just ok.

Also what I appreciated the most about Duke Nukem Forever was that the #1 reason why I'm a fan of the franchise, Duke Nukem himself, didn't change into some modernized fag or some emotional baby with past problems for casual gamers, he was the exact same guy I became a fan of 16 years ago, I really appreciated that.
I can't wait for Duke Nukem 5 arriving Next Gen, it will be way better too.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I'm cautiously optimistic. Things like invisible walls, the emphasis on blade mode, spines that give too much hp and the lacking air-combat department makes me wary but I hope everything works out well.

Yes I did, yes I was still disappointed in it but I still enjoyed it, there were lots of things in the game that were fun.
My score for it as a gamer would be a 6/10 and as a fan of Duke would be 7/10. The game is not terrible, not great, not good, it's just ok.

Also what I appreciated the most about Duke Nukem Forever was that the #1 reason why I'm a fan of the franchise, Duke Nukem himself, didn't change into some modernized fag or some emotional baby with past problems for casual gamers, he was the exact same guy I became a fan of 16 years ago, I really appreciated that.
I can't wait for Duke Nukem 5 arriving Next Gen, it will be way better too.
You seem be in the minority. DNF is almost universally regarded as a terrible game. 2 gun limit, too much turret sequences, unimpressive weapons, god awful graphic issues, silly platforming, and why does duke have to do puzzles instead off blasting through sh1t?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I played the demo and I love and still own DmC and I still continue to play it, so:

TO GAMESTOP

e74DPmN.gif

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I'm cautiously optimistic. Things like invisible walls, the emphasis on blade mode, spines that give too much hp and the lacking air-combat department makes me wary but I hope everything works out well.

You seem be in the minority. DNF is almost universally regarded as a terrible game. 2 gun limit, too much turret sequences, unimpressive weapons, god awful graphic issues, silly platforming, and why does duke have to do puzzles instead off blasting through sh1t?
I don't care if I'm in the minority, I enjoyed the game and anyone who thinks I'm stupid for doing so can go f**k themselves. The weapon limit and graphics issues are only on the consoles ports, which were terrible in the first place and never should have been done since DNF was built as a PC exclusive game, on the PC version you get to hold 4 weapons, they are no graphic issues at all really and in my opinion Duke games were never all about just shooting sh*t endlessly, if they were, I wouldn't be a fan, the Duke games were mostly about taking what was popular at the time and try it with Duke just for fun. Duke Nukem 1 & 2 did Megaman and other sidescroller games with a Duke paint job, Duke3D did Doom and Wolfenstien with a Duke paint job while ending up as one of the greatest FPS games ever made, Time to Kill and Land of the Babes did the Tomb Raider games with a Duke paint job and DNF mostly did Half Life and Halo with a Duke job.

I don't like First Person Shooters, I want to play first person action games that have more than just "center screen, push button" DNF had, interactivity, puzzles, mini games, driving segments, shrunken segments(I loved them), good challenges and boss battles. I enjoyed every minute of DNF and I don't care what other people think.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I don't care if I'm in the minority, I enjoyed the game and anyone who thinks I'm stupid for doing so can go f**k themselves. The weapon limit and graphics issues are only on the consoles ports, which were terrible in the first place and never should have been done since DNF was built as a PC exclusive game, on the PC version you get to hold 4 weapons, they are no graphic issues at all really and in my opinion Duke games were never all about just shooting sh*t endlessly, if they were, I wouldn't be a fan, the Duke games were mostly about taking what was popular at the time and try it with Duke just for fun. Duke Nukem 1 & 2 did Megaman and other sidescroller games with a Duke paint job, Duke3D did Doom and Wolfenstien with a Duke paint job while ending up as one of the greatest FPS games ever made, Time to Kill and Land of the Babes did the Tomb Raider games with a Duke paint job and DNF mostly did Half Life and Halo with a Duke job.

I don't like First Person Shooters, I want to play first person action games that have more than just "center screen, push button" DNF had, interactivity, puzzles, mini games, driving segments, shrunken segments(I loved them), good challenges and boss battles. I enjoyed every minute of DNF and I don't care what other people think.
Woah there, why are you getting all defensive? Nobody is questioning your opinions or anything :/. Chill.

Anyway, the fact is that the console version of DNF is terrible and there is no excuse for that. Also, I never said that Duke games are all about mindless shooting. The thing is why would a badass be wasting his time doing puzzles and not carving his own way through the obstacles? That's not to say puzzles are bad or anything but the implementation could have been better.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Woah there, why are you getting all defensive? Nobody is questioning your opinions or anything :/. Chill.

Anyway, the fact is that the console version of DNF is terrible and there is no excuse for that. Also, I never said that Duke games are all about mindless shooting. The thing is why would a badass be wasting his time doing puzzles and not carving his own way through the obstacles? That's not to say puzzles are bad or anything but the implementation could have been better.
Yeah as I said, DNF is not a great game, but it's still an enjoyable game, as the LGR reviewer said "It's kinda crap, but it's enjoyable Duke crap".
Duke 5 will bring back the greatness that Duke3D brought, I'm sure because Duke 5 won't be held back by a hellish development schedule.

btmudd28

Loved, loved, loved the MGS series. Emphasis on loveD. MGS is one of my all-time favorite series. With that being said, the story really ended for me with 4. 4 was the best ending to any series I've ever seen. In my opinion, it perfectly closed every story line and answered every question I had regarding the series and was just an amazing ending to a series I had been playing for over 10 years.

I was hyped for Rising back when it was announced because it was going to explain what Raiden was doing between 2 and 4 and where he got all these gnarly skills from, but alas Platinum comes in and, with Kojima's approval I'm sure, moves the story to after MGS4. (I'm not just bashing on Platinum for the heck of it, I just don't see what makes their games so much better than others, but that is neither here nor there.)

This to me seems hiiiiiiighly unnecessary. MGS4 wrapped up Raiden's story nicely and everything ended on a happy and neat note. To me, MGS ended with 4, and I feel that Rising's story really undermines that ending. Same goes with the upcoming Ground Zeroes. The MGS series is definitely my favorite, but the story for me ended with 4.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I just watched a video of the final boss of this game and it's rather disappointing. Without spoiling anything, let's say that there are mid-battle cutscenes that are more intrusive than the ones in the DmC final boss fight and A LOT of QTEs.

For anyone who is interested.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I was super hyped, then I played the demo, was ready to give up on the game completely but gave the demo another shot and liked it much, much better once I got the hang of it. Still has not compelled me to replay it every day like the DmC demon and my initial hype has died down tremendously. I will wait until I read and watch some reviews and when the game comes down in price, then I may get the game. Although for now i'm much more excited for a game I know wont be able to disappoint me, and that's naruto Shippuden 3 lol

Top Bottom