• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Another review: 7,5/10, from insight-factor...

Dark Drakan

Admin
So it's perfectly okay for legions of angry fan boys to curse Tameem's name and his company, but then it's immature when he says something back?

Now you're just being an absolute retard.

Great.

Hopefully some of the more "worked up" members can let this go as well before it gets worse.

You two finally done with your handbags now? Ive said it many times if you cant agree with someone & find you are constantly arguing the ignore list option is there for a reason. Would save everyone else having to skip through these immature arguments everywhere if you couldnt argue through half a thread. I see there was an attempt at getting back on topic but would rather it didnt happen in the first place.

ChaserTech

You two finally done with your handbags now? Ive said it many times if you cant agree with someone & find you are constantly arguing the ignore list option is there for a reason. Would save everyone else having to skip through these immature arguments everywhere if you couldnt argue through half a thread. I see there was an attempt at getting back on topic but would rather it didnt happen in the first place.

No offense, but this has been dropped for awhile. There's no need to bring it back again when it's already been dealt with.

Dark Drakan

Admin
No offense, but this has been dropped for awhile. There's no need to bring it back again when it's already been dealt with.

'Dealt' with maybe but the fact half the threads are being filled with these sort of immature handbag arguments is still happening. Dont want those sort of things filling the threads so discouraging it is needed, regardless of if its over after 4 pages. People are still having to cycle through pages of these to find decent content in threads, if people cant go through threads without flaming etc they will be warned/banned & end up with threads being closed.

When my inbox is full of reports when I get up (which seems to be every day currently) they have to be sorted then, not when members have simply ran out of insults for each other to finally continue being on topic. Also this wasnt the only thread I was referring to as certain members have been reported in multiple threads. Bottom line, ignore list is there... use it to save everyone some time.

ChaserTech

'Dealt' with maybe but the fact half the threads are being filled with these sort of immature handbag arguments is still happening. Dont want those sort of things filling the threads so discouraging it is needed, regardless of if its over after 4 pages. People are still having to cycle through pages of these to find decent content in threads, if people cant go through threads without flaming etc they will be warned/banned & end up with threads being closed.

When my inbox is full of reports when I get up (which seems to be every day currently) they have to be sorted then, not when members have simply ran out of insults for each other to finally continue being on topic. Also this wasnt the only thread I was referring to as certain members have been reported in multiple threads. Bottom line, ignore list is there... use it to save everyone some time.

Ah alright then. lol

EDIT: I'm glad you didn't rip my head off about my response. When I read Sieghart's response towards mine, I was kinda like "Welp, I dun goof'd"

Dude the guy is one of the administrators and the one that handles members. Just saying.

Yeah I don't know what admins look like since I never come across them.
All I did was glanced at his name, saw that it was in red and didn't think much of it. But I'll learn from that next time I'll see an admin.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah I don't know what admins look like since I never come across them.
All I did was glanced at his name, saw that it was in red and didn't think much of it. But I'll learn from that next time I'll see an admin.

EDIT: I'm glad you didn't rip my head off about my response. When I read Sieghart's response towards mine, I was kinda like "Welp, I dun goof'd"

In one way see it as a good sign you have never came across us. ;)

You had good intentions in mind about stopping the flaming from carrying on so no head removal was needed.

WorkenOnMaLeft

it was a nice review vbut i think he was a bit too quick to comment on the combat, reviewers 9times out of ten just play the game once on normal and write the review however in a game like DMC it takes 3 to four playthroughs to fully understand the combat (notice i didnt say "master the combat" because that is impossible) so of course after only a playthrough or two his impression will that its merely accessible. i mean, i cant say how many times i have been playing the demo thinking ive got it all figured out and BOOM i learn something new.

WorkenOnMaLeft

you need to tilt the left joystick towards the direction of the enemy you wana attack (talking about close range) then you wont have that problem

WorkenOnMaLeft

Bloody Palace is back FOR REAAAAAAL? **** YEA! god... so much... AWESOME. that mode is literally whatmade me start loving DMC. i just hope it is also available as vergil once he is unlocked.
btw can someone help me out im a noob and i cant figure out how to quote what im replying to /:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
As Sawyer said, I want to make it clear that when a game gets a 7.5/10, that probably means it's a pretty bad game. Even Fable III got a 8.5 or 9/10 on most sites, and that game sucked balls.

In general, official reviewers rate games too high. Of course, I don't know if Insight Factor is official or not. Going by how they rated Resident Evil 6 (a 5/10), they're probably very decent reviewers. So I'll still take this grade of 7.5 over the ones of 9/10.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
I got my money already! look forward to a full positive review after the official release date.
Then where's my money!...:mad:
As Sawyer said, I want to make it clear that when a game gets a 7.5/10, that probably means it's a pretty bad game. Even Fable III got a 8.5 or 9/10 on most sites, and that game sucked balls.

In general, official reviewers rate games too high. Of course, I don't know if Insight Factor is official or not. Going by how they rated Resident Evil 6 (a 5/10), they're probably very decent reviewers. So I'll still take this grade of 7.5 over the ones of 9/10.
Then what do you think good games will be rated? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's bad in general, If a game get's 7,5/10 it's pretty good unless we are going on the 4-10 scale ...

Gbraga

I hate pre-order bonuses and DLC just as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna lie, I was really glad when I entered GMG today and saw that I'll get the Crow costume as well, I freaking LOVED that costume, I'll use it on my second playthrough :)

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
You're still talking about this ? come on guys it's FAKE ! trust me i know what I'm talking about , here are the list of magazine/sites that are in the MetaCritic system and most of them are reliable :

148Apps
3DJuegos
4Players.de
Absolute Games
ActionTrip
Adventure Gamers
AppAdvice
AppGamer
AppSmile
AppSpy
Armchair Empire
Atomic Gamer
AusGamers
BigPond GameArena
Canadian Online Gamers
CD-Action*
Cheat Code Central
ComputerGames.ro
Console Monster
Cubed3
D+Pad Magazine
Daily Game
Dark Zero
Darkstation
Destructoid
Digital Chumps
Digital Spy
EDGE Magazine
EGM
Eurogamer
Eurogamer Germany
Eurogamer Italy
Eurogamer Portugal
Eurogamer Spain
Eurogamer Sweden
Everyeye.it
G4 TV
GameFocus
Game Informer
Game Over Online
Game Revolution
Gameblog.fr
GameCritics
GameOver.gr
Gameplanet
Gamer.nl
Gamer.no
Gamer Limit
Gamers' Temple
Gamestyle
Games Master UK*
Games.cz
GamesBeat
GameSpot
GameSpy
GameStar
GamesRadar
Gamereactor Denmark
Gamereactor Sweden
GamesTM*
GameTrailers
Gamezebo (iOS only)
Gaming Age
Gaming Nexus
Gaming Trend
GamingXP
Giant Bomb
GRYOnline.pl
Guardian
Hardcore Gamer
Hyper Magazine
IGN
IncGamers
ImpulseGamer
InsideGamer.nl
JeuxActu
Joystiq
LEVEL (Czech Republic)*
Level7.nu
Machinima
Meristation
Metro GameCentral
MMORPG.com
MondoXbox
Multiplayer.it
Nintendo Gamer Magazine UK*
Nintendo Power*
Nintendojo
Nintendo Life
NintendoWorldReport
NZGamer
Official Nintendo Magazine UK
Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
Official Xbox Magazine UK
Official Xbox Magazine
PC Gamer*
PC Gamer UK*
PC Games (Germany)
PC Master (Greece)
PC PowerPlay
Pelit (Finland)
Planet Xbox 360
Playstation: Official Magazine US*
Playstation: Official Magazine UK
Playstation: Official Magazine AU*
Play UK*
PlayStation LifeStyle
Playstation Universe
Pocket Gamer UK
Polygon
PSM3 Magazine UK*
PSX Extreme
PSX-Sense.nl
Push Square
Quarter to Three
RPGamer
RPG Fan
TheSixthAxis (PS3/PSP/Vita only)
Slide To Play
SpazioGames
Strategy Informer
Telegraph
Ten Ton Hammer
The Escapist
Thunderbolt
TotalPlaystation
Touch Arcade
TouchGen
Vandal Online
VideoGamer
Videogameszone.de
Wii Brasil
Wired
Worth Playing
X360 Magazine UK*
Xbox360Achievements
Xbox World Australia
XGN
ZTGameDomain

WorkenOnMaLeft

exactly, if the scale is 1-10 then mathematically speaking a 5 is a bad/average game and a 7.5 is a damn good game. this is the problem with reviews, an 8 is seen as somewhat average when it really shouldnt be seen very often instead it has become what a 6 should be (in terms of value).

ChaserTech

exactly, if the scale is 1-10 then mathematically speaking a 5 is a bad/average game and a 7.5 is a damn good game. this is the problem with reviews, an 8 is seen as somewhat average when it really shouldnt be seen very often instead it has become what a 6 should be (in terms of value).

I believe the problem is that reviewers have been raising the bar in terms of ratings.

I mean, even 6 years ago, games that were rated between 7 - 8 were deemed as good games. Where as anything higher was fairly superb. It also deals with how gaming companies set the bar in terms of good games too, imo.

WorkenOnMaLeft

agreed. either way i generally dont trust reviews unless they mention something ridiculously extreme like: "the final boss is a giant throbbing penis" or "the rebellion eventually turns into a huge black dildo!" lol ok enough of that

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Then where's my money!...:mad:

Then what do you think good games will be rated? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's bad in general, If a game get's 7,5/10 it's pretty good unless we are going on the 4-10 scale ...

If a game gets a 7.5/10 from official reviewers such as Gametrailers or Gamespot, you can be sure it's worth less than that.
Good games often get rated 9/10, and so do less impressive games. Fable III really is a damn mediocre game, and yet, it gets a 9/10 and so forth. Now, if it's from Edge Magazine, it might be a good review. I don't have much experience with that site, though. I don't know this 'Insight Factor'.

And not to be a grammar nazi, but it's 'gets', not 'get's'.

Top Bottom