• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am I the only person who understands Tameem?

Were you getting tired of the old Dante

• Yes

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroLove

This thread just reeks of flamewar material. Why do you guys keep doing this? Do you find enjoyment in endless arguement and fighting over the same topics over and over again? Do you think it is fun to poke at eachother with a burning stick like this? Do you feel better about yourselves after having provoked eachother and making fun of eachother, just because you don't share the same opinion?

It is times like this I am ashamed to be part of this fanbase...

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
This thread just reeks of flamewar material. Why do you guys keep doing this? Do you find enjoyment in endless arguement and fighting over the same topics over and over again? Do you think it is fun to poke at eachother with a burning stick like this? Do you feel better about yourselves after having provoked eachother and making fun of eachother, just because you don't share the same opinion?

Yeah I've noticed this forum is filled with a lot of spiteful and immature comments towards each other. I'm almost afraid to post anything on here at all. Is it usually like this around here?

Nero.

Serious time what will it take for us to see eye to eye without the bullshit?

Suzaku18XD

Truth lies before ruin
What I don't understand is that people say DMC4 is a great game but no one ever says anything about it having no story at all. This new Nero guy (who is awesome and better be in DMC5 :D ) comes outta nowhere with no backstory and the horrible fact that the game is nothing but pointless backtracking that doesn't even make any type of sense at all -_- If you wanna kill me after this post. Think to yourself, Did you honestly like that game or did you like it because it was colorful.

EvilX-81

Am I tired of the old Dante? Short answer is no.

Longer answer; I like the old Dante, but there was some aspects of him I didn't like. Mainly, (in the case of DMC3), the scenes of him showing off just to show of. I can't see how anyone didn't groan at the scene where he's surfing that missile Lady shot at him, or how he's so stylin' that he can not even put on a jacket, sit in a chair, or PICK UP A BLOODY PHONE without doing it in a cool manner. That's probably why I lean more toward DMC4, 1, and DmC's Dante personality-wise. 4 and DmC's have a penchant for showing off, but not being ridiculously and elaborately so.

What I don't understand is that people say DMC4 is a great game but no one ever says anything about it having no story at all. This new Nero guy (who is awesome and better be in DMC5 :D ) comes outta nowhere with no backstory and the horrible fact that the game is nothing but pointless backtracking that doesn't even make any type of sense at all -_- If you wanna kill me after this post. Think to yourself, Did you honestly like that game or did you like it because it was colorful.

Yea, storywise DMC4 was agitating crock of **** full of questions with no answers. But it was soooo damn fun. Finding all the little tricks with Nero's buster and learning the ex system, Style switching with Dante, and the boss fights were pretty cool too.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Think to yourself, Did you honestly like that game or did you like it because it was colorful.

I honestly liked it.When in comes to backstory, I agree that Nero's is pretty much nonexistent. But he was fun to play as. And personally, that's one little reason why I found the news of a reboot to be a little disapointing. So many unanswered questions. The series was only four games in then BAM! Reboot out of nowhere. It left everything in a cliffhanger -_-

What's wrong with Dante acting silly? I found him quirky and fun, I think DMC4 could do with less Drama in its cutscenes.
I still can't really take Nero seriously in the cutscenes, when you play as him in game and you do a taunt with a SSS style rank he'll start doing air guitars, really inconsistent, but that's when I liked him best.

If Dante is going to grow up into what he's like in 2 then I'd rather him act goofy one last time, heck he even had his goofy moments in DMC1 "Flock Off, Featherface"

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
A big loyal no! I like the old Dante.
Has there been any new Dante at all?

m100t8s

Insulting old Dante and the old DMC games = Insulting DMC fans

That's how some people thought when Tameem stated stuff about old Dante and DMC.

I disagree with Tameem that old Dante is outdated, But seriously, It doesn't mean that he insulted old Dante so he insulted the fans.

Oh and, "old Dante is outdated" , "He'll get laughed out of a bar". Yet his version of Dante has an old Dante costume and a white hair by the end of the game, And has some freaking weird costumes that will actually gets him laughed out of a bar.

Hypocrite too much Tameem?

m100t8s

Also, I don't like Kamiya's version of Dante (DMC1) and NT's Dante (DmC) As much as I like Itsuno's version of Dante (DMC3-4)

Seriously, DMC3-4 Dante is awesome in every aspect, I'd love to see him back again in DMC5 and I'm glad that Itsuno and his team didn't leave Capcom, So there's a chance of seeing that version of Dante and DMC5 back.

HatredIsJoy

Boy, Tameem must be feeling pretty bad right now. Even that Forbes jounalist is mocking his game now, and he's usually pretty open-minded.

View attachment 332

I feel a bit bad for him now, even though I hate DmC. Must suck balls to see everyone just **** on something that he put so much time and effort into.

[edit]Wait, on second thought, no I don't. He defiled my favorite series. **** him and his feelings.

Martius

SSSmokin!
With all that stupid things they have done they deserved it all. You dont want to respect potential consumer who is supposed to buy product you made? You wont get respect either.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
With all that stupid things they have done they deserved it all. You dont want to respect potential consumer who is supposed to buy product you made? You wont get respect either.

...so responding to flaming insults, threats, and outright hate before they could even show gameplay justifies the uter crap that NT has gotten for doing their jobs as given to them by Capcom?

...Times like these I'm disgusted with my fandom...

ChaserTech

If Tameem stands by what he says about not caring the sales of the game, I'm sure he doesn't care what people are saying about DmC at this point. It's clear that he's finished with what he's started and he's happy at that. Or at least that's what I think.

But imo, overconfidence comes with a price. Especially since Capcom was heavily pushing this product like it was their best thing they had to offer in the past 4 years. Now that it's doing bad in sales, people are starting to mock Capcom and NT. Although Tameem doesn't really deserve this stuff though. However this should teach him to watch what he says in interviews and twitter.

Kinda surprised that Alex Jones didn't get much crap thrown at him when he acted similar to Tameem.

Martius

SSSmokin!
...so responding to flaming insults, threats, and outright hate before they could even show gameplay justifies the uter crap that NT has gotten for doing their jobs as given to them by Capcom?

...Times like these I'm disgusted with my fandom...
Both Capcom and NT showed they cant handle any kind of criticism or bad opinion. They could ignore "haters" and let whole stupid situation calm down, but they decided to use that to promote reboot and we see how it ended. Press and media of course took same route, repeating same stuff about hair, that haters should shut up and how NT are great instead of try to calm it down and just provide information.

HatredIsJoy

If Tameem stands by what he says about not caring the sales of the game, I'm sure he doesn't care what people are saying about DmC at this point. It's clear that he's finished with what he's started and he's happy at that. Or at least that's what I think.

Bad sales of NT games = less chance of publishers hiring NT to develop games for them. NT's previous two games sold poorly, third failure in a row might end up killing all chances of ever working on an AAA title again. Or might not. Who knows :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom