• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Since Goku wants to increase his base form then why not........
Train with the elder kai, since obviously elder kai's training was wasted on Gohan why not recreate that training for Goku & Vegeta where it'll be far more effective.
With Goku & Vegeta's power levels at their base forms now, with the elder kai's training they'd be incredibly powerful.

So with this Goku wanting to increase his base form idea, did Akira Toriyama forget about the elder kai's training.
Old kai's training only worked on Gohan because he had latent powers... goku&vegeta don't have hidden powers like Gohan.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All saiyans can do what vegeta did against beerus , where they massively exceed there own power level in extreme rage , gohan did it against frieza 3 times , goku and trunks could do it too but i agree elder kai was not using his power on gohan because he was the only one who could receive it, goku was dead and gohan was set to defend the earth.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That's nonsense, the ElderKai's ability was not tailored specifically for Gohan only.
The ElderKai's ability allowed him to bring forth the abilities from ANYONE.
No. only Gohan had hidden powers since his birth and that was what old kai unlocked.

If old kaid was able to make goku powerful then why didn't he do that? because goku had no hidden powers.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Goku was unable to return , they boosted gohan so he was there best shot to destroy buu , not because goku had no hidden powers. Plus if all gohans powers were unlocked then he is maxed out so how does he become a ssj in the new movie , would that not make him weaker?

Blade8513

Yeah I saw it a little earlier today and I like it a lot. Btw has anyone read the 1 shot manga chapters Akira made for the movie that shows exactly how Frieza comes back? Its pretty sweet lol in the second one Goku and Vegeta are training with Whis and they wake Beerus and he casually blows up a star/sun , then it turns out Beerus has done it before and Whis can travel back in time , and Whis was fast enough to draw his initial/symbol and Goku and Vegeta's uniform without them even knowing lol

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I expect no less from Whis! He is the most powerful and mysterious being in DB history! (I did see the Manga) Kanzenshuu has the movie summary up. I can always link to it if anyone wants to get spoiled!
Also this 11th, Los Angeles is having a preview screening! (Jap dub, Eng subs) Plus those who are going will meet Sean, Masako, Sabat and more! I can link to that as well.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Just how powerful are they compared to the z fighters are they now and compared to vegito or gogeta now , I would love to know

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Just how powerful are they compared to the z fighters are they now and compared to vegito or gogeta now , I would love to know

I'd say they definitely top SSJ Vegito and SSJ Gogeta now, but SSJ4 Gogeta is another story.

But to be honest I'm a bit disappointed with this goku reveal of SSG Super saiyan.

Not the look actually which I think its cool and definitely a upgrade from the original SSG, but more of the fact that Vegeta may not be getting a chance to shine thanks to this new form.

It seems goku is going to use this form to beat Golden Frieza in the movie which would suck in my opinion since I was hoping that Vegeta would FINALLY get a chance to show off a new form and defeat Frieza who he happens to have the most history with and deserves to kill the most out of any of the main cast since unlike Goku he actually remembers his father and saiyan race and having it taken away from him by Frieza.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

Son Goku's new form in motion!
By this point, Son Kun and Vegeta are stronger than Ultimate Gohan, SS3 Gotenks, SS3 Goku, Fusion (as Goku states in the BOG Uncut version) So by now Blue Goku and Vegeta are stupid strong! Although Lord Beers and Whis are stronger lol.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I always thought that toriyama said gt wasn't canon to his universe though , meaning ssj4 gogeta is irrelevant as by gt goku would already have the ssgod ssj form which is more powerful than ssj3 and yet he fought baby as a ssj3 before going ssj4

as for beerus he wasn't massively stronger than goku in bog so surely by being more.powerful now goku has equalled or surpassed beerus but not whis?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I always thought that toriyama said gt wasn't canon to his universe though , meaning ssj4 gogeta is irrelevant ?

*sigh* I see this argument used to darn much around the internet.

It seems like some people use it as a lame cop out rather than someone actually trying to defend their point when discussing power levels relating to the new movies and GT, not say YOU are doing this, but that many people around the web do this on a regular basis.

Akira never said GT was not canon, he said it existed in a parallel universe so people really should hold it in the same esteem as the hold Future Trunk's timeline since it is also in a parallel universe.

But regarding the SSJ4 Gogeta thing, I actually just use powerscalling when ranking him and from what I would personal powerscale I have SSJG as being equal with a SSJ4 but we all know that SSJ4 Gogeta sits on a completely different power plane since he was pwning Omega Shenron effortlessly who himself was pwning 2 SSJ4's at the same time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
oh rigjt okay , well parrallel universe is the same thing as it is a universe in which goku obv never reached ssj god

and this new form if like ssj2 compared to one will be a few times stronger than ssj god from bog which would mean by your scaling they should be as strong as or stronger than ssj4 gogeta

Blade8513

Disclaimer - I watch dubbed not subbed

So based on the version of BOG I watched Goku is > Vegetto (Buu saga) now. Goku after losing to Beerus the first time IIRC stated even fusion wouldn't make him strong enough to beat Beerus, so him in SSJG should be above Vegetto and Gogeta (Wrath of the dragon) considering how well he did against him (even if he was holding back a little) and Goku during his fight with Beerus reverted to his base form and was actually doing ok against Beerus (Much better than he did at the beginning of the movie) which means after Goku's body retained the SSJG power, his base form is now > SSJ3 Goku (Buu saga/beginning of BOG)

So current Goku should be well above the Vegetto that fought Super Buu (Gohan absorbed) and the Gogeta that fought Janemba. GT complicates things because people cant seem to agree on how strong the characters are or pretty much anything concerning GT. It was stated that Baby was the strongest Ki Goku ever felt, so if you put GT after Z (including the new movies) then they are well above them by character statements, but I don't think it works like that since the new movies kind of retcon GT in a way.

As for him being above Beerus, im not sure, its possible that he could be equal to or above him with his new SSJG form but in the manga short (Written by Toriyama) Goku stated that had Beerus's star busting attack had hit him and Vegeta, they would be toast lol so during the training with Whis Beerus is probably still above them, but after I don't know since I haven't seen the new movie yet lol

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
oh rigjt okay , well parrallel universe is the same thing as it is a universe in which goku obv never reached ssj god

I know that, but it is a difference between Akira the guy in charge saying it "never happened" to him saying "it did happen but in its own universe".

Future Trunk's timeline is vastly different than the original one for example.

As I said even if they both never happened in the same universe its still possible to gauge their power via powerscalling, and using powerscalling for example Goku in GT was able to defeat General Rildo who himself was confirmed by Goku as being as strong as Kid Buu so just going by powerscalling alone SSJ GT Goku >>>SSJ3 Goku (Kid Buu saga).

Top Bottom