• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
BTW guys is Xenoverse better than Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle of Z?

Its definitely better than those 2, but I would still rank it below Tenkaichi 2,3, and Budokai 3.

The combat is good but sometimes the villains in storymode get some BS advantages.

Also there is differnt levels to a battle in storymode that become pretty annoying at times should you get beaten like for instance you fight Frieza along with Krillin,Gohan, and Vegeta at first and after that battle is over you fight Frieza final form with Piccolo and than after that fight is over you fight Frieza final form with Goku and than after that fight is over you fight Frieza 100% final form with SSJ Goku.

Now say you get all the way to the Frieza 100% battle and lose, you have to start ALL the way over and do each battle again.

And its made worse by the fact that you keep the same heath through each battle which makes it a even bigger pain unless you go and buy some healing capsules to bring with you.

But other than that the game is great, has great combat and levels and the storymode so far is actually good.

The character creation could be better, but its still heaps of better than Ultimate Tenkaichi's character creation.

And toki toki city is a nice addition with its free roaming lobby and such, just wish they would get the servers running correctly so I could join the multi lobby with other players lol.

The character Roster is still pretty solid though despite the lack of some characters forms and movie characters.

Its makes up for the lack of some movie characters in this one by having GT characters like Omega Shenron,SSJ4 Goku,SSJ4 Vegeta,SS4 Gogeta, and Super 17.

Also there are more GT characters on the way and eventually I hear they are going to add Mira and Towa to the roster.....but as DLC...............

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Something I just found out about Xenoverse last night, after working so hard to get the Super Saiyan transformation for my character I've come to find out that Dimps half a$$ed it.

The only thing a super saiyan transformation does for this game is give you a gold aura and slightly higher stats during battle, your hair remains the same.

I was using the longer straight down hairstyle like Android 17/Trunks out of the hyberbolic time chamber only to see that it remains flatly downward when in Super Saiyan which makes it seem like a cheap knockoff rather than a actual Super Saiyan transformation.

I know its a small thing and I'm still enjoying the game but this little detail should not have been omitted, the last 2 Dragon Ball games that had character creation AT LEAST made sure that each hair style had a transformation when turning SSJ and yet for some odd reason Dimps could not be bothered to add this staple mainstay associated with a Super Saiyan transformation.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Why do people give DBZ Kai so much grief? Like, seriously? It cuts out all the filler in the right places and the animations been buffed. Sure some of its been redubbed, but it's not that big a deal. I always thought it was nice just something like this existed. Sure I still have the original episodes, but I don't find anything wrong with Kai to be honest.

Anyone watch the dbz light of hope pilot? It was actually brilliant
I just watched it and thought it was pretty damn cool.

ArabPikachu

SS4 Gogeta defusing shortly before unleashing a Big Bang Kamehameha on Syn Shenron was an epic fail :laugh:; If he had cut down on fooling around, there'd be enough time to finish off the last Shadow Dragon with such an attack.

Lesson learned: Every bit of time in our life matters:eek:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Why do people give DBZ Kai so much grief?
Well for one the replacement OST is not impressive.. original Japanese&American Soundtrack is much much better and the script feels so wooden&dry compared to the original and the pacing is just really fast because its purposely made to be "closer to the manga" and the voice cast change is also jarring especially Gohan's V.A which i still can't stand.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

So this is a pretty decent fanfilm for DBZ based off that tv special with Trunks and althought im not a huge DMZ fan anymore I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share it with you all.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Wait.. did that trailer just use Freiza ringtone from TFS abridged? o_O

I haven't seen this trailer yet until now, but a couple of noteworthy things I took from it where,

1.Frieza's new form is kinda a disappointment, considering its the form that going to make his power millions of times more powerful than before I kinda thought it would be more badass like Cooler's.

2.Gohan and the others are going to apparently stay useless

3.Vegeta is possibly going to be the hero this time around considering goku got his ass kicked and Vegeta showed up looking primed to fight.

4.It seems Akira kept his word here that Goku may not ever use Super Saiyan again and may rely stictly on his base power which just seems weird and disappointing to me, I don't really get the logic behind it considering the fact that if Goku is focusing on only raising his base powerlevel than the Super Saiyan form still should be plenty useful given its a multiplier, and while were on the subject why is Gohan going Super Saiyan yet again? I thought his Mystic form got rid of the need since it ups his power tremendously just by powering up.

5.Vegeta also seems to not want to go Super Saiyan in the trailer, this all seems to have a lot to do with the kind of training he and Goku are doing with Whis. I wish Akira would go ahead and make another anime series, I really want to see where this training with Whis and Beerus is heading as far as future villains goes but I would like it within a episodic format rather than waiting every 3 years for a movie format.

6.Did they just use the Frieza ringtone from TFS?o_O

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Maximum The Hormone's F.

happy_headbang.gif

jB8ztG3.gif

batman_robin_headbanging.gif

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
1.Frieza's new form is kinda a disappointment, considering its the form that going to make his power millions of times more powerful than before I kinda thought it would be more badass like Cooler's.
I think he is just using the God power up which makes everyone look scrawny&weak.

>It seems Akira kept his word here that Goku may not ever use Super Saiyan
Using super saiyan at this point is useless.. God form pretty much makes SSj3 a joke so going Super is nothing but a waste of energy at this point.

> why is Gohan going Super Saiyan yet again?
I hope its just for the trailer.. it was same in the trailer of BOG too.
latest

latest

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yea the new Frieza transformation is a let down & I haven't seen the DragonBallZ Gods thing but Goku's transformation was the same way.
It really lacked that true to DragonBallZ flair.
I'm also not really liking what Akira Toriyama with the series now.
Goku using the SuperSaiyan transformation less & less.

I'm kinda mixed on that as i think it's a good idea but it's a bit late & something Vegeta has already done, though not by choice but by lacking the ability to transformation into a SuperSaiyan at first so he spent more time training his base form then Goku did but never really got the recognition for it.
And i'm not liking the no AscendedSaiyan thing because it's part of the DragonBallZ charm & as i said Akira Toriyama is a bit late deciding on doing this now lets strengthen base form.

It now seems it's missing a little of what made it great & I think the DragonBallZ series ended great & the more Akira Toriyama continues the more i believe he'll ruin what he has.

Completely agreed.

On one hand I like the idea of new and powerful enemies such as other gods being out there for Goku and others to fight and the fact that Goku and Vegeta is training with gods themselves, but I dislike the fact that this late in the series Toriyama is taking away Goku's transformations BEFORE he has even fully mastered his god form to be able to go into it by himself, I'm just guessing here but judging by that trailer he was using only his base form the ENTIRE time which makes no sense considering him going SSJ would have made a world of difference since it multiplies his BASE powerlevel (the powerlevel Akira says he is working on) and yet he would rather get his azz kicked by Frieza and the planet destroyed so he can stick to this new outlook?

I like what I read on other forums about how come he just does not train his SSJ2 or SSJ3 forms to be permanent and use no energy like he did with his SSJ1 form, we saw how much powerful that made him during the Cell Saga, why not do that here?

This all just does not add up, I think Akira is going to write himself in a corner sooner or later if this keeps up.

Top Bottom