• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Dark Drakan

Admin
HA HA HA this has to be a JOKE! i hope the eng dub changes this.

Ever since I heard Goku was having a god form in the last movie I thought someone had been getting their inspiration from some dodgy fan fiction. I mean I wondered where they would be able to go from there and although the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (blue hair to avoid confusion) is meant to be weaker than his last God form it still doesn't leave much room for advancement. The forms and names can only get more ludicrous from here on out and I'm not sure I like that. Didn't mind the last movie (mainly because I had waited so long for a new one) and happy to see an old classic enemy back (Frieza) but not happy they are adding in new forms here there and everywhere.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
HA HA HA this has to be a JOKE! i hope the eng dub changes this.

That's its name on Official products.

Ever since I heard Goku was having a god form in the last movie I thought someone had been getting their inspiration from some dodgy fan fiction. I mean I wondered where they would be able to go from there and although the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (blue hair to avoid confusion) is meant to be weaker than his last God form it still doesn't leave much room for advancement. The forms and names can only get more ludicrous from here on out and I'm not sure I like that. Didn't mind the last movie (mainly because I had waited so long for a new one) and happy to see an old classic enemy back (Frieza) but not happy they are adding in new forms here there and everywhere.

Its actually stronger. By how much? I can't say. But SSGSS is decribed by Son Kun as "...it’s Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God"

Where did you get the impression that it would be weaker than SSG form?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Where did you get the impression that it would be weaker than SSG form?

He's a Super Saiyan that has absorbed the power of the God form he isn't actually in God form so they have said it is weaker from what I have been reading from Toriyamas explanation for the colour choice. Read it along with the full explanation on Kotaku.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
He's a Super Saiyan that has absorbed the power of the God form he isn't actually in God form so they have said it is weaker from what I have been reading from Toriyamas explanation for the colour choice. Read it along with the full explanation on Kotaku.

I have a feeling Kotaku is misinterpreting that quote. So far Kanzenahuu hasn't made note if such a statement in relation to SSGSS form. So far the concisus is that Goku's "Saiyan beyond God" form (his default look in the new movie) is stronger than SSG. While his SSGSS is stronger still. By how much? That is the question. I shall probe Kanzenshuu and get back to you.

Edit: As luck would have it here are quotes from Mr. Toriyama from the Volume F Manga:

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (超サイヤ人ゴッドSS; sūpā saiya-jin goddo sūpā saiya-jin)
Akira Toriyama further expanded on the concept of the “Super Saiyan God” transformation featured in Battle of Gods by incorporating its power into that of a Super Saiyan. As Toriyama explained it, and as Son Goku similarly mentions in the movie, “This Super Saiyan is a Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God”.
Son Goku
I made his hair light blue to express how “by overcoming a certain limit he has become both strong and tranquil, able to keep his composure in a fight”.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/movie/revival-of-f/

This gives me the impression that Goku is indeed stronger now, than he was in Battle of Gods. By how much you ask? I have no clue!

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I was someone who liked Kai, the dialogue in DBZ has always been cheesy, even the Japanese version. So the cut out filler and updated reanimated version was great as a refresh to me before watching new movies and to get my step son into DBZ (which he is now a huge fan of). What I preferred about the Japanese version was the uncut style with swearing and more blood involved so had a less childish feel to it than the dubbed version for TV.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Kai almost makes me prefer the japanese subtitles kai is that awful to me.
I agree i'd rather watch the original Japanese cut of DBZ than watch Kai its editing is just too rushed and the BGM&new voices for many characters are just annoying(especially gohan's English voice) kai's gohan voice is nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

and people who say "Well kai is closer to manga" need to realize that what works in a 2d comic doesn't work in a 30 minute Cartoon,i've read the manga the dialog is quite dry&boring no offence to the VA's but the acting in Kai is so wooden&boring because the dialogue is so lame.. Kai is a great way to marathon DBZ but its far from the best one in terms of acting,music&pacing.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Like i said i wanna see DRAGON BALL SUPER & how the characters abilities increase but i honestly wished Akira Toriyama or whomever decided to do kai had left it alone with the funimation dubbing.
Cause in all honesty they screwed up the script, voices, & the emotional performance.
Let's hope that this new series gets more rock&metal inspired soundtrack instead of that stupid cowboy music or whatever that was in Kai,heck i'd be happy if they just use the budokai&tenkaichi series Soundtrack.

BTW i really miss the old 18's voice as well her voice was very sadistic&sardonic in the original Z dub but in kai she sounds like a teenager(fitting to her character) but its definitely less intimidating.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Let's hope that this new series gets more rock&metal inspired soundtrack instead of that stupid cowboy music or whatever that was in Kai.

BTW i really miss the old 18's voice as well her voice was very sadistic&sardonic in the original Z dub but in kai she sounds like a teenager(fitting to her character) but its definitely less intimidating.

Still my favourite intro they had...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm in the process of collecting all the Season sets for DB and DBZ. (I got GT's complete Season set DVD) and watching the show in Japanes. I'm not a weeabo nor do I care for 4:3 vs 16:9 debates. However I have come to enjoy both the Japanese dub and English Z/Kai dub.
I have also come to the conclusion that Dragon Ball's (the franchise) blood and gore are over the top lol. Saiyans may be aliens and damn near indestructible, but that human anaomity would NOT Allow blood loss like that without repercussion!
As for the new series I'm actually not as excited as you'd think. I liked the fact that DB was over. Son Goku beat Omega and now Goku Jr. And Vegeta Jr. Continue the legacy. It was wrapped up all nice. Now with Super on the horizon who knows what battles will ensue during that Goku kills Boo, but before Kid Oob shows up era. (Check Kanzenahuu) I'm OK with the new movies cuz they are one offs but now. Idk I think I'm just ranting now.
Hopefully Son Gohan gets to show off his scholar skills and more Jaco the Galactic Patrolman!

Top Bottom