• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
People have to remember that SSJ is not a set powerlevel but a multiplier to the base power level.

Goku turning Super Saiyan back during the Frieza saga is leagues weaker than Goku turning Super Saiyan from the Buu Saga on forward since by then he has had many years to train his base powerlevel to new heights.

Hell, I'm pretty confident that his base powerlevel in the Buu saga all but sh!tz on his Super Saiyan form in the Frieza saga.

So yea, I agree that base Goku now should be able to stomp Frieza from back on Namek.

Unless Frieza has reached some new transformations that increases his power drastically each time than I just do not see what he can do.

berto

I Saw the Devil

That thread was about DragonBall villains, this is just DragonBall/DragonBallZ/DragonBallGT in general.
There's thousands of threads based on topics similar or the same as the next.
Why not let the other DragonBall thread about who's considered the strongest villain stand, what harm was it doing?
Usually you want to keep a thread per franchise on your non primary franchise topics in a franchise forum. In other word we can have as many different subjects on our Devil May Cry forum about DMC, but you want to limit the other franchises, especially when there is a general for said franchise, to a minimum. As it happens we have a thread called 'All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT' and when I think all things DragonBall I tend to include the villains. I'd be willing to make an exemption if it was news regarding the franchise, like the new movie announcement but discussing villains seems subject matter for the general thread.

If you are unhappy with this decision you are welcome to talk to the other mods and if they overturn my decision I won't argue it but as it stands this is what I think the appropriate action for this situation should be.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Because that's what Generals are for. Favorite episode, funny moments, coolest moves, character preferences, parts you like or dislike, weapons, enemies, bosses and the like are what General threads are for.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
New Trailer YAY! one thing interesting to see is that freiza is in his 1st form in this trailer for some reason and gohan goes SSJ even though he doesn't need to do it at all.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Also goku and vegeta have the same symbol on their new outfits.

That screams them getting training from Bills and Whis if you ask me, the real question is WHY?

And Goku is fighting Frieza in his final form in his base form, and then Frieza proceeds to go into his new transformation, so that transformation has to multiply his power by millions upon millions to make a difference since Goku judging by that trailer was not even using SSJ to fight his previous final form.

This movie just seems kinda "off" to me, just don't see why they decided to bring Frieza back for this movie, I get he has a lot of fans and I know those fans are excited and I do not want to rain on their parade but I just hope that they give us actual good explanation on how someone like Frieza can come back from the dead and close such a tremendous gap in strength to possibly be a match for Goku and friends as they are now.

Also why do they have Gohan going SSJ again in the trailer?

They did the same thing with the BOG trailer but they corrected it in the actual movie, it seems like they just forget things to easily when making a trailer...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Shows Gohan has gotten weaker or everyone else has gotten stronger & he needs SuperSaiyan to keep up.
Even if gohan got weaker that still doesn't make sense to me because Kai unlocked all of his powers to the outside so he has no reason to go super saiyan at all toriyma seems to have forgotten that.
This movie just seems kinda "off" to me, just don't see why they decided to bring Frieza back for this movie, I get he has a lot of fans
It kinda makes sense to me because he's like the only villain who's worthy enough to come back unlike cell&buu freiza is more archetypal&imperialistic.

I just hope Freiza doesn't get axed off like he was in that other DBZ movie and DBGT.
Also why do they have Gohan going SSJ again in the trailer?
IDK i just hope this is just a trailer mistake and that it isn't in the actual movie..

I've also noticed the same thing in the BOG movie trailer too..
wwhroy.jpg

t640_602498.jpg

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It'd be fitting if Goku and Vegeta had to fuse to defeat Frieza. Maybe become SSJ God Vegeto... though I'd rather see SSJ4 Vegeto. That way both Vegeta and Goku can have revenge for what happened/is going to happen. *Starts drooling from the sheer epicness*.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Based on the trailer I think Freeza's new evolution is going to look like his First form. Plus Movie goers get one of two keychains; One with Son in his new outfit and/or one of Freeza in his movie clothes. Which is his first form! Plus he's in his flying pod! Considering first form Freeza is shown destroying worlds and being a ruler makes the imaginary quite perfect.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
regarding Dragon Ball Xenoverse, it would seem that Dimps may perhaps be adopting the BS DLC policy that other game developers are doing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/21/season-pass-details-revealed-for-dragon-ball-xenoverse-dlc

I have said it before and I will say it again, DLC is fine when used the right way, it can be a truly great thing.

Like for instance when it is worked on AFTER the game has been out for say or month or so and is announced.

That way its used as a way of enhancing the consumers experience as opposed to a quick cash grab.

But to have this announced before the game even hit shelves....why couldn't they have added this to the actual game?

And I was looking forward to the return of GT characters in Dragon Ball games only to have to pay for some of them now.

pepodmc

regarding Dragon Ball Xenoverse, it would seem that Dimps may perhaps be adopting the BS DLC policy that other game developers are doing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/21/season-pass-details-revealed-for-dragon-ball-xenoverse-dlc

I have said it before and I will say it again, DLC is fine when used the right way, it can be a truly great thing.

Like for instance when it is worked on AFTER the game has been out for say or month or so and is announced.

That way its used as a way of enhancing the consumers experience as opposed to a quick cash grab.

But to have this announced before the game even hit shelves....why couldn't they have added this to the actual game?

And I was looking forward to the return of GT characters in Dragon Ball games only to have to pay for some of them now.

Yeah, it's a shame when companies announces DLC for a game Pre-Launch. But this game doesn't look good anyway. DBZ budokai Tenkaichi 3 on Dolphin emulator looks a lot better than this,has more playable characters and it's a lot more faithful to the anime series (it's not piracy if you have the original game and use it to play on the emulator)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yeah, it's a shame when companies announces DLC for a game Pre-Launch. But this game doesn't look good anyway. DBZ budokai Tenkaichi 3 on dolphin emulator looks a lot better than this and a lot more faithful to the anime series (it's not piracy if you have the original game and use it to play on the emulator)

I think the game is looking good myself, not phenomenal graphically but the gameplay and features it has are looking fantastic.

Tenkaichi 3 is still my favorite DBZ game hands down at the moment, but this is looking great.

I just wish they did not start this DLC BS so early, it should have all the characters in the game already as unlockable rather than paid.

Top Bottom