• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I find myself liking Dragon Ball (non Z)'s toilet humor and adventures more and more these days. Although I suppose I've always liked DB more.

Also I've watched WAY to many leaks of RoF. Spoils are everywhere! Lol

ArabPikachu

I feel sad for Future Trunks.

His parents had him via a 'hit it and quit it' affair; Having irresponsible parents like that is greatly scarring for a child, especially when taking into account how children are supposed to be the future.

Don't get me wrong, the basic concept behind Future Trunks (hero of a dark timeline) is attractive to me but could have been done a bit better.

ArabPikachu

I recently discovered that the Dragon Ball saga's fanbase in Japan had a major role in making Akira Toriyama make Dragon Ball Z carry on after the Cell Games saga.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
@Sparda's rejected son
I miss that touch of ecchi & level of maturity from later episodes of DragonBall & DragonBall Z altogether.
I miss the actual animation from Dragonball in DBZ most fights are just aerial energy blast rinse&repeat with lots of instant transmissions and punches that aren't drawn but are just flashes.

In Dragonball fights were physical and had acrobatics,martial arts and physical maneuvers that you rarely see in DBZ,watching Dragonball gives me the feeling that i'm watching a cartoon version of old school martial arts chinese movies but DBZ gives me the feeling that i'm watching Shonen genre at its most diluted&barebones form and i'm REALLY sick of shonen genre at this point its like the damn wild west era of anime,except not many people seem to be getting sick of.
I understand it's nerfed for kids nowadays & that's cool but it still doesn't sit right with me because i feel it's an anime for a mature audience & it should've remained for a mature audience.
The funny thing is 2d animation never really started out as thing for kids,it was mostly for adults to see in theatres it only became a "Kids thing" when it aired on TV and in the old days TV was just something to keep kids busy and then the censor board came along and the rest is history.

That reminds me video games were also never a thing for "kids" before the Nintendo home consoles.
Like a zombie movie where zombies aren't allowed to eat people.
Or when wolverine cannot use his claws on anything except for robots.
lol Truthfully i've lost interests in alot of western cartoons, especially DC.
Western animation is just pretty much exclusively a kids thing now,they even dumb down shows like Ultimate spiderman&teen titans Go to appeal to much more younger kids... its just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I miss the actual animation from Dragonball in DBZ most fights are just aerial energy blast rinse&repeat with lots of instant transmissions and punches that aren't drawn but are just flashes.

In Dragonball fights were physical and had acrobatics,martial arts and physical maneuvers that you rarely see in DBZ,watching Dragonball gives me the feeling that i'm watching a cartoon version of old school martial arts chinese movies but DBZ gives me the feeling that i'm watching Shonen genre at its most diluted&barebones form and i'm REALLY sick of shonen genre at this point its like the damn wild west era of anime,except not many people seem to be getting sick of.

I think this happened as a way to show how powerful the characters had become, so fast we couldnt see their movements and so powerful that their very punches alone generated energy waves and blasts. Yeah its a bit of a cop out animation wise and formula was repeated a lot but easiest way to show a characters increased power and speed I guess.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So Kanzenshuu reports that DBZKai's Sunday airing will provide the worlds first glimpse of DB Super! How very exciting!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/06/12/dragon-ball-super-first-look-coming-june-14/

Dragon Ball Heroes a Japanese Arcade (and Jap 3DS) video game is known for making new transformations. Like SS4 Broly, SS3 Future Son Gohan, or Majin Bojack for example. Bardock in particular has become quite a target for Heroes "what if" scenarios. What do people think of Mind controlled Bardock?

Bardock2.jpg

I'll admit, SS1 Bardock was a cool addition to the franchise, and SPOILER in DB Xenoverse their is a story line where Bardock becomes a Great Ape to battle LSS Broly! That I also thought was cool! So add mind control and you got a Saiyan with Great Ape, Super Saiyan and if I'm not mistaken Super Saiyan 2 powers under his belt, your in for a world of hurt! Imagine Mind controlled SS4 Bardock...o_O

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
How true. I recall reading on a Kanzenshuu thread that a GT guide book claimed that Saiyans were once Great Apes that evolved into the human Saiyans we know today. Could you imagine a story based around that concept?! I'll post the link when I get the chance.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm totally loving the DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE for PS3.

To me it's so sweet & something i really like about this is you're not exactly replaying the DRAGON BALL Z Sagas as laid out in the story but playing a WhatIFs.
And it's so cool seeing my created character standlng with Z characters in cut-scenes & fighting with them. It's wild!

Think I will end up getting it for XB1, heard decent things and I've owned a lot of DBZ games over the years & I like the way they tried to mix things up with Xenoverse. Was so bored of playing the exact same scenarios over and over year after year.

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan

This is the first DragonBallZ title i bought since Dragon Ball Z: Budokai.
I am really loving DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE.
You're free to progress as you want so there's plenty of opportunity to practice practice practice.

There are some quests where you have a partner AI & the AI helps somewhat but not to the point where you feel like you're not needed.
In fact for me just starting i wished the AI helped alot more lol but that only motivates me to practice more & level up my character.

AND i'm so hooked on the story concept here, it's wild seeing familiar events somehow altered & changing DragonBallZ history.
Like if we were in the StarWars universe & went back in time knowing what we know now & whispered the outcome of key events to Vader or the Sith Lord & watch as events change.

I would love to see a DragonBallZ anime series based on DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE

I have owned lots of them from Gameboy & DS games to Playstation/PS2/Xbox/Xbox 360 & soon to be Xbox One games and some mods too and most since Budokai 3 have been awful and really disappointing (lots before it were too). Im looking at you Final Bout on the original Playstation...

This was the one game that grabbed my attention based on its premise alone and liked the idea of creating character (something that should have been done years ago) & changing events and the online hub idea (which still needs to be worked on but nice concept). Still waiting for a truly great looking DBZ MMO title that works in the same fashion but we are getting closer to the idea.

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan
I had Final Bout lol & smurfin GameStop wanted to give me $80 for it.
Final Bout actually had a concept that ALL other Dragonball titles i've played lacked & should've had in the gameplay & that was strength increase through actual usage.
Remember how Oblivion was ? Each time you cast a spell or used stealth it would increase through usage.
Well Final Bout was exactly like that.
The more you used punch, light punch would increase.
The more you used kick, kick would increase.
The same with taking damage too.
The more damage you took then your damage resistance would increase as well. So in Dragonball Z Final Bout you could actually strengthen your character by leaving the game running & letting the AI enemy attack them.
And Yup you could build up in durability where you'd lose 1point in damage from any attacks.

I remember and played it to death but man it was such a slow game and enemies just spammed same moves over and over. I maxed out loads of characters and was fun to give codes to friends and have them fight your character, THAT was the only truly great idea I thought other games should have took note of. Use levels and power levels for characters more, no way should Yamcha be able to stand toe to toe with Omega Shenron etc.

It has the capsule thing from Budokai & you can collect & switch out powers too.

I like the idea but these menus are normally mega clunky and hard to navigate.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Kid buu's death ball and the right z soul can end that quest rather quickly , I have my stamina and ki supers up to 99 and my strike supers and health hold the rest of the points , it makes fights very easy when I go ssj2 and have no ki consumption from attacks

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If you have the right super attack or ultimate and you go ssj and have a good z soul those fights are actually much easier and more doable

Agreed, Getting Kid Buu destruction ball and turning super saiyan and continuing to throw it pretty much makes almost all the game easy, the only problem is that you can only get it later in the game and also this tactic does not work on some enemies that can interrupt your ultimate attack (Broly is one of these enemies).

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Word on the Internet is that a Human Male with Golden Freeza's Z Soul and Old Kai's Potential Unleashed equals near god mode. I haven't had a chance to try it out myself, but I will. My Freeza race character with Potential Unleashed gets the job done for me thou.

So Dragon Ball Super is telling the story of Battle of Gods with little tweeks here and there. I've see BoG and RoF. I want to see the new material! Bring on Champa!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Whaaaat!?
I finally got the smurfin angel wings today lol.

Old Kai's Potential Unleashed, is it downloadable content i need ?

And Woohoo! I beat Whis & Beerus today, solo.
No Ai
No other player.

You unlock the Potential Unleashed Skill after you have completed Old Kaioshin (aka Old Elder Kai)'s training. Which, other than beating his missions, your CAC must be at Level 93. You can obtain Old Kaioshin as a Master once you buy and download the Third DLC Pack.

Edit: Its been well known for a while that the Human Race in Xenoverse is the most Broken and strongest Race in the game. Funny actually.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Sparda's rejected son
So i do need downloadable content

2. Really ?
Aww i like my Saiyan Female.
But how are human's broken ?

Yup. But with the DLC3 you get SSGSS Son Goku, Vegeta, Jaco, and Golden Freeza. So not a bad deal.

When a Human's Ki (0r is it Stamina?...Or both...?) Anyway when one of the various things I've mentioned is full, you get bonuses. Such as increased strength or speed...Or both! Plus Humans have better Ki, and Melee functions. From what I understand Female Saiyans are great for Spamming Ultimate Attacks in Player VS CPU mataches. But if you want a balanced, or broken, or a good Player VS Player CAC, than Human Race is the way to go.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Sparda's rejected son
Really.
Wow, so basically humans gets an edge to keep up.

Yea Saiyan's are great with ultimates.
My Saiyan Female uses Goku's Z-Soul that restores ki after i KO an enemy.
So i can remain in AscendedSaiyan state longer & use ultimates more too.

It's been a while but their are Z Souls that help maintain SS form. Like I know their is a Vegeto Z Soul that gives benefits upon transforming into a SS/SS2/Potential Unleashed I can't recall the name of the Z Soul at the moment. I typically use the Z Soul "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo..." Because it gives perfect bonuses for all stats.

Pretty much. I mean you can build any Race into your desired "being", but without a doubt some Races have advantages over others. Like Freeza Race CACs have better speed than anyone else for example.

Top Bottom