• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A tweet from itsuno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
also this. Everyone's whining about how this new policy is going to kill off literally every capcom game ever! except only two games actually fell under the 2million mark (RE6 and DmC) and even then, DmC (and DMC) are suddenly getting special editions.

Even if their stated policy was as draconian as advertised, it doesn't even look like they're that serious about holding to it
RE6 sold more than 5 mil. Dragon's dogma sold less than 2

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
aren't literally 2 pages of this very thread you and chancey having a circlejerk about how terrible ubisoft is for how it's handling assassin's creed?
troublewiththecurve.jpg

Where. And when.
In the Nine Circles of Hell.
Did I ever mention.
Ubisoft?

Seriously...what are you babbling about? What is this mythological "circle-jerk with Chancey" that crooning about? WHEN did that even HAPPEN? I'm looking back at this thread, and the only thing I can vaguely see being even close to that is whatever spat Chancey was having about Assassin's Creed vs. Prince of Persia (two franchises I have absolutely NO experience with, and therefore no input on of any sort). I had literally NOTHING to do with that conversation.

Please...PLEASE...for the sake of my patience and your dignity...DO NOT conjure up random accusations of things that I've never said. You'll sound far less stupid when you do.

also this. Everyone's whining about how this new policy is going to kill off literally every capcom game ever!
I do believe my official statement was:

"Every series or one-shot attempt that isn't Resident Evil or Street Fighter is dead."​

Again: adjust your reading glasses and actually read the comment. Correct me if I'm wrong---but I was under the naive assumption that Capcom had other franchises besides Resident Evil and Street Fighter.

Except Asura's Wrath was one of a time thing, and Sengkou Basara gets new game this year, along with Dragon's Dogma. So it lefts DmC.
Ah, yes! That free-to-play game that Capcom game has absolutely no incentive to treat as an actual effort, outside of a senseless, microtransaction cash-grab! Why, by that logic, Soul Calibur: Lost Swords should technically count as Soul Calibur 6, right? :shifty:

And that Sengoku Basara, the series with all the U.S. marketability and Western financial success of a bottled fart. And what is that on the horizon? Sengoku Basara 4, and its content-heavy remaster...both Japanese exclusive? Huzzah! ALL HAIL CAPCOM! Their 2 million policy was just a playful jest after all!

So, no.... my concern has and never will be just reserved for DmC. In fact, a lot of my favorite Capcom games, like Onimusha, God Hand, and Darkwatch have been dead and without sequels for years.

Nice try, though.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The hell did I do? Why am I being even brought in this? I only had a very short discussion with Pep about those games. There was no spat or hostility being thrown about. Circle jerk?

...........It is taking a lot for me not to go off on idiots right now. Especially after all the sh!t that I have been through these past couple of days. I just want to try and make these days seem semi-normal.

I actually like visiting this forum and talking among friends about things. If you literally have nothing else to do than start something, then I suggest you @Kam should just GO. AWAY. NOW.

I am soooooooooooo not in the mood for this, and nobody else wants to deal with this crap.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Where. And when.
In the Nine Circles of Hell.
Did I ever mention.
Ubisoft?

Seriously...what are you babbling about? What is this mythological "circle-jerk with Chancey" that crooning about? WHEN did that even HAPPEN? I'm looking back at this thread, and the only thing I can vaguely see being even close to that is whatever spat Chancey was having about Assassin's Creed vs. Prince of Persia (two franchises I have absolutely NO experience with, and therefore no input on of any sort). I had literally NOTHING to do with that conversation.

Please...PLEASE...for the sake of my patience and your dignity...DO NOT conjure up random accusations of things that I've never said. You'll sound far less stupid when you do.

chancey brought it up, something involving the super clever catch-phrase "ass-creed". You agreed with him and liked his post. Case closed.

I do believe my official statement was:
"Every series or one-shot attempt that isn't Resident Evil or Street Fighter is dead."
Again: adjust your reading glasses and actually read the comment. Correct me if I'm wrong---but I was under the naive assumption that Capcom had other franchises besides Resident Evil and Street Fighter.

my mistake. Let me amend that to "literally every capcom game ever, minus 2"

Ah, yes! That free-to-play game that Capcom game has absolutely no incentive to treat as an actual effort, outside of a senseless, microtransaction cash-grab! Why, by that logic, Soul Calibur: Lost Swords should technically count as Soul Calibur 6, right? :shifty:

And that Sengoku Basara, the series with all the U.S. marketability and Western financial success of a bottled fart. And what is that on the horizon? Sengoku Basara 4, and its content-heavy remaster...both Japanese exclusive? Huzzah! ALL HAIL CAPCOM! Their 2 million policy was just a playful jest after all!

So, no.... my concern has and never will be just reserved for DmC. In fact, a lot of my favorite Capcom games, like Onimusha, God Hand, and Darkwatch have been dead and without sequels for years.

Nice try, though.
so those series that have been dead for years. Were they dead before, or after this "2 million sales" policy came about? For that matter, did games like god hand break 2 million? Pretty sure they did. Exactly how are they relevant to you whining about what capcom announced they would do a year ago?

You know what? Let's cut to the chase here. Name the series that you're worried will die because of the 2 million sales thing.

The hell did I do? Why am I being even brought in this? I only had a very short discussion with Pep about those games. There was no spat or hostility being thrown about. Circle jerk?

...........It is taking a lot for me not to go off on idiots right now. Especially after all the sh!t that I have been through these past couple of days. I just want to try and make these days seem semi-normal.

I actually like visiting this forum and talking among friends about things. If you literally have nothing else to do than start something, then I suggest you @Kam should just GO. AWAY. NOW.

I am soooooooooooo not in the mood for this, and nobody else wants to deal with this crap.
This is your own crap, turned back around on you. You seem consistently unable to deal with it, maybe that should be a sign? I've never seen you have a good day on these boards, ever. If your day is honestly so bad that you literally can't even, I recommend you log out for like a week and cool your head. You aren't helping your mood (or these boards) by being such a drama queen

Last edited by a moderator:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Ah, yes! That free-to-play game that Capcom game has absolutely no incentive to treat as an actual effort, outside of a senseless, microtransaction cash-grab! Why, by that logic, Soul Calibur: Lost Swords should technically count as Soul Calibur 6, right? :shifty:.
Care to tell which mark of time machine you use? I could use one and tell how future of DMC and DmC franchise fares?

Even though it japan exclusive it still exist ;) Also anime TV.

Nice try, though.
And we already know there was no plan to continue either Onimusha, God Hand or Darkwatch. And it's all because Capcom prefers to throw money on milking bulletproof franchises like SF and RE or throw their money on westernized attempts of different studios to remake their own franchises.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This is your own crap, turned back around on you. You seem consistently unable to deal with it, maybe that should be a sign? I've never seen you have a good day on these boards, ever. If your day is honestly so bad that you literally can't even, I recommend you log out for like a week and cool your head. You aren't helping your mood (or these boards) by being such a drama queen
No, everything was fine until you showed up. You are doing nothing but spouting and dribbling nonsense not realizing how much of a fool you're making yourself look like.

My uncle attempted suicide last night stabbing himself 8 times along the chest and stomach. He's lucky to have survive the surgery, let alone make it to the hospital. However, at any moment we could get a phone call telling us of the worst case scenario. I'm one of the only people around here trying to stay level headed and calm for everyone else who is under s severe amount of stress. Especially my grandma who has enough medical issues as is.

I can't sleep, I can hardly eat, and all I want to do is just keep my mind occupied with something. So, to me that's doing what I usually do in my down time. Chilling out and hanging among friends. Excuse f#cking me if I'm not breaking down or in a state where I "literally can't even". I can't afford that.

I'm just trying to tell you to stop, and go away because you are doing nothing at all here but starting sh!t. The mods can't police this forum all the time, which is why the community needs to step in and get better themselves. You aren't. So, I'm gonna be blunt, shut your face, and go somewhere else because you are nothing but an issue and instigator.

pepodmc

Calm down guys :laugh:

Darkwatch, great enemies design and atmosphere.

God Hand, I can't express how much I love this game, amazing gameplay (more for a Beat em up lover like me), funny story and characters XD, GREAT MUSIC (Devil may Sly, Duel Storm and Yet... Oh See Mind are amazing XD) , great boss fights...

It's a real shame that these two games will never have a sequel (specially god hand)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kam

No, everything was fine until you showed up. You are doing nothing but spouting and dribbling nonsense not realizing how much of a fool you're making yourself look like.

My uncle attempted suicide last night stabbing himself 8 times along the chest and stomach. He's lucky to have survive the surgery, let alone make it to the hospital. However, at any moment we could get a phone call telling us of the worst case scenario. I'm one of the only people around here trying to stay level headed and calm for everyone else who is under s severe amount of stress. Especially my grandma who has enough medical issues as is.

I can't sleep, I can hardly eat, and all I want to do is just keep my mind occupied with something. So, to me that's doing what I usually do in my down time. Chilling out and hanging among friends. Excuse f#cking me if I'm not breaking down or in a state where I "literally can't even". I can't afford that.

I'm just trying to tell you to stop, and go away because you are doing nothing at all here but starting sh!t. The mods can't police this forum all the time, which is why the community needs to step in and get better themselves. You aren't. So, I'm gonna be blunt, shut your face, and go somewhere else because you are nothing but an issue and instigator.
You want it to stop? Oh geez, I completely believe you. You want it to stop so badly that you tagged me by name, called me an idiot about 6 different ways, and now that I'm calling you on your **** behavior "no wait you can't be mean to me, I have a family drama!"

You honestly think nobody else here has a dead family member, divorcing parents, a drug addict brother, or anything but a perfectly rosy life? The difference between you and actual adults is that they keep that **** out of goddamn video game arguments. You use a suicidal uncle as an excuse to hide behind while you go around picking fights. Yes it's tragic that your uncle is in that condition, but as long as you stand on your uncle as an excuse to get away with continuing to act the way you do, I have zero sympathy for your situation you whiny little bitch.

If you actually wanted it to stop, you would just stop. Until then, I'll keep calling your behavior how I see it: You've reduced a life and death situation in your immediate family down to a "no you!" play on a backwater video game board. You are a disgusting waste of humanity.

Edit - but seriously though, if you have a genuine family emergency, these boards are not the place you should be. I've literally never seen you in a thread where you weren't in a huge fight with someone; The only people I see you get along with are people who currently hate the same people you hate. You wanted a positive atmosphere to take your mind off things, so you came here. and I'm the idiot.

Look at your behavior. Do you consider this "keeping a level head" or "keeping calm"? Jesus man, get the hell off the internet and go be with your family. You've got a crisis and you're here having a ****ing contest with some anon over the internet. What is wrong with you?

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

God Hand, I can't express how much I love this game, amazing gameplay (more for a Beat em up lover like me), funny story and characters XD, GREAT MUSIC (Devil may Sly, Duel Storm and Yet... Oh See Mind are amazing XD) , great boss fights...

It's a real shame that these two games will never have a sequel (specially god hand)
Well sadly since all big devs except Itsuno, Kobayashi and Ono left we probably never see glory of old Capcom days again.

Kam

I was actually never a huge fan of the music. The big thing for me was the attack loadout. Since it was possible to make a completely terrible, non-functional build, your decisions really mattered. When I played I was sure I had picked the best skills, but I still see videos where people are using some weird combination in a way I've never seen, and I'm like "****, I have to try that"

People submit godhand to the truestyle and v-style tournaments, standard submissions are to play at level 3 as long as possible wearing the sign on your back and without doing anything to make it drop (don't take hits, don't use the god hand, etc)

Edit - here's a pretty sweet compilation video. It's got some really good clips from god hand (some using the ruleset I mentioned, some not) devil may cry, pikmin may cry (wonder 101), viewtiful joe, sengoku basara, just a ton of flashy action games. Also showcasing some recent mods to DMC3 and 4, featuring neat stuff like style switching in DMC3, and nero with doppelganger

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud

Darkwatch was a blend two of my favorite things: Gothic Horror, and the Old West...and it did so perfectly. I also love how everything looked from a design standpoint: especially the arsenal. Even Van Helsing would be jealous of Jericho Cross's pistols and crossbow.

What really sucks is that there was a sequel planned, called Darkwatch 2, for PS3 and Xbox 360. The rest of the series was supposed to involve vampire hunting in different eras, like Ancient Rome, the Crusades, and World War II (if THAT happened, we would've literally have the closest thing to a proper Hellsing video game). But...it was cancelled.

Now, I've heard whispers of a Darkwatch movie in the works...the last word on it was back in 2011, when the writer and producer of the Final Destination series and the X-Files movie were "involved" in making the script for the on-screen adaptation. No word of it as of yet...it's probably inhabiting Video Game Movie Production Limbo with the Halo movie, Devil May Cry movie, and Deus Ex movie.

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed God Hand, I also really liked Asura's Wrath...which is weird, because I hate interactive cutscene-fests like Heavy Rain. But there was something really appealing about the game's art-style and plot, like some kind of interactive, engrossing, big-budget anime...God knows it succeeded in that department and fared a whole lot better than the ham-fisted tripe that was Catherine.

Dominus

So what do you guys guesstimate the odds of DMC5 being announced at E3? I'm going to say a 90 percent chance..

pepodmc

Well sadly since all big devs except Itsuno, Kobayashi and Ono left we probably never see glory of old Capcom days again.

It's sad but I think the same, but I think Itsuno is the only man with talent in Actual capcom. The worst error of Capcom was closing Clover Studios. It was like a dream team for me.

I was actually never a huge fan of the music. The big thing for me was the attack loadout. Since it was possible to make a completely terrible, non-functional build, your decisions really mattered. When I played I was sure I had picked the best skills, but I still see videos where people are using some weird combination in a way I've never seen, and I'm like "****, I have to try that"

People submit godhand to the truestyle and v-style tournaments, standard submissions are to play at level 3 as long as possible wearing the sign on your back and without doing anything to make it drop (don't take hits, don't use the god hand, etc)

Edit - here's a pretty sweet compilation video. It's got some really good clips from god hand (some using the ruleset I mentioned, some not) devil may cry, pikmin may cry (wonder 101), viewtiful joe, sengoku basara, just a ton of flashy action games. Also showcasing some recent mods to DMC3 and 4, featuring neat stuff like style switching in DMC3, and nero with doppelganger

Thats the key of God Hand's gameplay. But when I play (on hard) I only use the same movements that gene has from the game start, it's more difficult but more comfortable and more fun at the same time (at least for me XD ).

Dominus

not impossible, but I'm giving it way lower odds. Like maybe 25%
DMC trademark renewed, Itsuno not working on Dragon's Dogma Online (what else could he be working on), DMC4:SE, new DMC rumored in development. I'm not a betting man but I'd put some money on DMC5 being revealed sometime this year..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's sad but I think the same, but I think Itsuno is the only man with talent in Actual capcom. The worst error of Capcom was closing Clover Studios. It was like a dream team for me.
I feel the same :( Clover studio was probably one of the best jap studios ever existed. I repsect Ono for still attempting to revitalize old Capcom

pepodmc

Darkwatch was a blend two of my favorite things: Gothic Horror, and the Old West...and it did so perfectly. I also love how everything looked from a design standpoint: especially the arsenal. Even Van Helsing would be jealous of Jericho Cross's pistols and crossbow.

What really sucks is that there was a sequel planned, called Darkwatch 2, for PS3 and Xbox 360. The rest of the series was supposed to involve vampire hunting in different eras, like Ancient Rome, the Crusades, and World War II (if THAT happened, we would've literally have the closest thing to a proper Hellsing video game). But...it was cancelled.

Now, I've heard whispers of a Darkwatch movie in the works...the last word on it was back in 2011, when the writer and producer of the Final Destination series and the X-Files movie were "involved" in making the script for the on-screen adaptation. No word of it as of yet...it's probably inhabiting Video Game Movie Production Limbo with the Halo movie, Devil May Cry movie, and Deus Ex movie.

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed God Hand, I also really liked Asura's Wrath...which is weird, because I hate interactive cutscene-fests like Heavy Rain. But there was something really appealing about the game's art-style and plot, like some kind of interactive, engrossing, big-budget anime...God knows it succeeded in that department and fared a whole lot better than the ham-fisted tripe that was Catherine.

1- I didn't know it :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::'(

2- Asura's wrath is a really exciting game and the anime feel that the game has is great XD. (the gameplay was lacking but fun)

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If Itsuno really is working on DMC5, I really really hope DmC: DE's gameplay tweaks and the return of the game with the best gameplay in the series is a sign that DMC5 is going to go all out with it's gameplay.

If DMC5 doesn't ask you if you wanna play on Easy after dying multiple times then they are doing it wrong.

Kam

DMC trademark renewed, Itsuno not working on Dragon's Dogma Online (what else could he be working on), DMC4:SE, new DMC rumored in development. I'm not a betting man but I'd put some money on DMC5 being revealed sometime this year..
I really, really want to believe. But I try to be cautious in my optimism, because I don't want to be disappointed. There's a realistic chance that itsuno is working on the special edition, and that he's also working on a new DMC. That would be amazing, I so badly want that to be the truth. But there's also a chance he's working on something else, or not working on anything at all. It's capcom, the guys who stopped development on megaman legends because supposedly not enough people wanted it, anything could happen. So keep the lids down on the pizza boxes for a little while longer. Once we hear the announcement we can party all we want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom