• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Serious Comparison

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Ha, well it wouldn't be the first time Tameem and Co. ripped off of material they labeled uncool.

NT taking elements from Bayonetta isn't not much different from Kamiya using some elements from Zelda and a few other games to make DMC.

The same goes for Kamiya and Bayonetta....Kamiya himself admitted he played DMC4 for some inspiration or something.

Plus Tameem never said Bayonetta was uncool (just old Dante), he said Bayonetta was over-the-top and unrealistic and too Japanesy for Western standards and some sh*t along those lines....obviously he never saw none of Micheal Bay's films (Transformers in general).

berto

I Saw the Devil
NT taking elements from Bayonetta isn't not much different from Kamiya using some elements from Zelda and a few other games to make DMC.

That's very true, but Kamiya never put Zelda down of said anything condecending...

Wait. DMC? Zelda had nothing to do with DMC's development. Did you mean Okami?

The same goes for Kamiya and Bayonetta....Kamiya himself admitted he played DMC4 for some inspiration or something.

He said he played half of the game for refrence, to see what they were doing on that end. But the game is part DMC1, part VJ, and Part Okami, there is almost nothing from DMC4 in Batonetta.

Plus Tameem never said Bayonetta was uncool (just old Dante), he said Bayonetta was over-the-top and unrealistic and too Japanesy for Western standards and some sh*t along those lines....obviously he never saw none of Micheal Bay's films (Transformers in general).
Yeah... Man, that guy needs to stop talking. He just makes the most unflatering comments. A few weeks of PR studies would do him right.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah... Man, that guy needs to stop talking. He just makes the most unflatering comments. A few weeks of PR studies would do him right.

But I don't think Tameen should be hated for his own opinion. Disliked a bit, yes, but completely hated to the point of sending death threats? Too much.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But I don't think Tameen should be hated for his own opinion. Disliked a bit, yes, but completely hated to the point of sending death threats? Too much.
People've received worse for less. The internet have made people way too bold, they've turned into a'holes who don't face the concequences of what write so, even if they mean it, they certainly wouldn't say such things to their faces, and if they did they certainly would get arrested.

Then again, he should be flattered, some of the most creative people in the world have recieved death treaths from people who didn't understand what the artist was trying to accomplish.

Your right that he should be entitled to his own opinion but he also represents his company and the project that he and his team are developing, he should be aware and carefull of what he says; A lower level employee would've lost his job if he openly said some of the things that Tameen said so while a death threat is overkill anger isn't exactly uncalled for.

Dante47

Hey wait, this can't be a serious discussion. Dante's hair hasn't been mentioned. :troll:

Anyway, I don't see why a company busting their balls to make something they want to be proud of should be disliked at all because they didn't do what a community of insignificant nerds with an internet connection wanted them to do.

KtWtWiS43

Hey wait, this can't be a serious discussion. Dante's hair hasn't been mentioned. :troll:

Anyway, I don't see why a company busting their balls to make something they want to be proud of should be disliked at all because they didn't do what a community of insignificant nerds with an internet connection wanted them to do.

You seem to be confused. "Something they want to be proud of," and "something that will make the most money," are two very different things. All of us are voicing our opinions respectly, and with anger as well; rightfully so. As the consumer, it's our job to make our opinions heard, because without us, there would be no market for Capcom, and no Devil May Cry games.

Agreed, Tameem death threats are definitely a little too far. But I don't think it should stop anyone from sharing their opinions on his game, as I'm sure we all know how fond Tameem is, of sharing his opinions

KtWtWiS43

Ha, well it wouldn't be the first time Tameem and Co. ripped off of material they labeled uncool.
Ha beat me to the chase

Well, why wouldn't they, if Bayonetta exeeds at anything it's the combat.
Exactly the point of what's wrong with the reboot. It's taking influence from great sources, most of them from the original series they blasted, and they haven't added anything new or interesting of their own. I'm backtracking, we've already had this conversation.

In effect, it cheapens the platforming and combat of the title for me, because it promotes itself as bigger and better, when on the inside, it's just an amalgamation of games I've already played. Obviously, theyNT knows what they're doing and I'm sure most people will buy it and they'll reach a broader audience, but I feel I can speak for most fans when I say that we're just unhappy with the lack of actual creative thought in this one.

--Just throwing this out there, but everything I've seen you post appears thought out and well reasoned. I enjoy the way you break things down, which makes it a pleasure for me to read your thoughts.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Did you miss that part? We were talking about it like 10 posts ago!

Exactly the point of what's wrong with the reboot. It's taking influence from great sources, most of them from the original series they blasted, and they haven't added anything new or interesting of their own. I'm backtracking, we've already had this conversation.
... Well, there are very few things that are original, truelly original, left in the world. But I know where your comming from, with new material I see I just look and I can't help but slum. I saw a giant rat on the new demo stage, a giant rat that has nothing interesting aside from it's size. How un interesting...

When I played the demo I do remember been more impressed with some of the designs in HD so I thught I might've jumped the gun and they just looked plain on an internet video but the design of the gaunlets and that rat just pulled me back down.

In effect, it cheapens the platforming and combat of the title for me, because it promotes itself as bigger and better, when on the inside, it's just an amalgamation of games I've already played. Obviously, theyNT knows what they're doing and I'm sure most people will buy it and they'll reach a broader audience, but I feel I can speak for most fans when I say that we're just unhappy with the lack of actual creative thought in this one.

Yeah, I can see that. From the look of the game you get a different vibe, more like Darksiders than DMC from the look alone, so on the design perspective it certainly lacks a DMC aura. To be honest, in terms of design Vergil was the first time I was reminded of DMC.

--Just throwing this out there, but everything I've seen you post appears thought out and well reasoned. I enjoy the way you break things down, which makes it a pleasure for me to read your thoughts.
Yeah... It's a Mexican thing.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

im flattered that my thread is going so good without any hate^_^

but all of you guys are off topic :p i should have made a thread about tameen instead... it would have been gold :troll:

berto

I Saw the Devil
im flattered that my thread is going so good without any hate^_^

but all of you guys are off topic :p i should have made a thread about tameen instead... it would have been gold :troll:
Well, that's how it goes. You start on one topic and a few comments later you accidently shift around.

I've made the comparison before but while OG Vergil was a samurai with cold demeanure hidding complex emotions while DmC Vergil reminds me of David from Prometeus, cold, falsly polite with an evil undertone, and a roboticisim that hides his true emotions.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I've made the comparison before but while OG Vergil was a samurai with cold demeanure hidding complex emotions while DmC Vergil reminds me of David from Prometeus, cold, falsly polite with an evil undertone, and a roboticisim that hides his true emotions.

well in fairness youve only seen the trailer and youve had years to know DMC Vergil. from the trailer Vergil looks like the basis for DMC Vergil. the new one has a needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few mentality which is fair considering the order is essentially at war. however this could lead to DMC Vergils mind set where he thinks humanity is weak and therefore unimportant, power is everything there is nothing more in this world etc. he isnt a samurai to me, he kills when its convenient. eg in the manga he could have dashed passed the thugs harasing him, used his hands or scared them away. but he just killed them cause he could. i prefer the new Vergils personality SO FAR. i cant make any final calls yet.

berto

I Saw the Devil
well in fairness youve only seen the trailer and youve had years to know DMC Vergil. from the trailer Vergil looks like the basis for DMC Vergil. the new one has a needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few mentality which is fair considering the order is essentially at war. however this could lead to DMC Vergils mind set where he thinks humanity is weak and therefore unimportant, power is everything there is nothing more in this world etc. he isnt a samurai to me, he kills when its convenient. eg in the manga he could have dashed passed the thugs harasing him, used his hands or scared them away. but he just killed them cause he could. i prefer the new Vergils personality SO FAR. i cant make any final calls yet.
Well, then in all fairness then we should close this tread untill we all get to know him better. I've seen enough to form an opinion and I'm posting it, it might not be much to go on but how much do you need to express an opinion?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's very true, but Kamiya never put Zelda down of said anything condecending...

Wait. DMC? Zelda had nothing to do with DMC's development. Did you mean Okami?

No I did not mean Okami. DMC has a few Zelda inspiration to it....sure Zelda doesn't own the whole solving puzzles and platforming method showed in DMC but it sure owned it like a boss and the key element of DMC was solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles.

He said he played half of the game for refrence, to see what they were doing on that end. But the game is part DMC1, part VJ, and Part Okami, there is almost nothing from DMC4 in Batonetta.

The ability or weapon to pull in enemies and even be pulled in to enemies. A giant statue that was worshipped as a God as the villain's ultimate goal and weapon. Nero's original conception.

Yes he should.....its kinda odd that Tameem has never said anything since E3 heck I don't even remember the last time I saw him afterwards its almost like the guy never existed or just faded away.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Well, then in all fairness then we should close this tread untill we all get to know him better. I've seen enough to form an opinion and I'm posting it, it might not be much to go on but how much do you need to express an opinion?
hmmm well if you all want to.....then fine by me :) or it can still be opened till we know more :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
No I did not mean Okami. DMC has a few Zelda inspiration to it....sure Zelda doesn't own the whole solving puzzles and platforming method showed in DMC but it sure owned it like a boss and the key element of DMC was solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles.

Well, I don't know if that was like that in Zelda but I know for a fact that the puzzle deparment of DMC was bassed on RE's 1 and 2. The similareties are almost rediculious.

The ability or weapon to pull in enemies and even be pulled in to enemies. A giant statue that was worshipped as a God as the villain's ultimate goal and weapon. Nero's original conception.
The statue seems fairly similar so I won't argue that but grapleing isn't exactly a primary part of Bayonetta, it's optional. It also isn't unique to DMC but maybe it is related, who knows. I always assumed that it was Dante's half that heplayed, judging from the gameplay in Bayonetta, but no real way to know.

Yes he should.....its kinda odd that Tameem has never said anything since E3 heck I don't even remember the last time I saw him afterwards its almost like the guy never existed or just faded away.
Oh, he's around, I'm sure. The game is compleated and they did say it was fine tunning time so it's provably crunch time.

Top Bottom