• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Serious Comparison

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

297595_429199870455007_1652827021_n.jpg

so i'v been hearing alot like this vergil is not even close to the original blah blah blah.....if you ask me both are awesome look wise.....as for personality we havent seen much from DmC vergil....

so what do you guys think?:) and plz keep it clean ^_^

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well In my opinion, I just gotten to like this Vergil, well I liked also Original one, but Im thinking that DmC Vergil have better design than DmC Dante, or my dislike to black haired guys just entered onto me.

Dante47

Seeing how we've only gotten a bit of back story from this new interpretation and one trailer, it's not fair to compare just yet.

I will say I like this newer Vergil from what I've seen. I think he's in good hands.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Seeing how we've only gotten a bit of back story from this new interpretation and one trailer, it's not fair to compare just yet.

I will say I like this newer Vergil from what I've seen. I think he's in good hands.
i agree 100%...but im just comparing there looks :) when we see more about hes personality then thats another thing :)

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well, tbh, some people prefer the DMC3 Vergil because the DmC Vergil has completely ruined his reputation as a sinister being...
I guess they look alright in style, and as for fighting, well we are still yet to see...
But to be able to fully compare them against eachother, well looks like we have to wait for the game then!...

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Well, tbh, some people prefer the DMC3 Vergil because the DmC Vergil has completely ruined his reputation as a sinister being...
I guess they look alright in style, and as for fighting, well we are still yet to see...
But to be able to fully compare them against eachother, well looks like we have to wait for the game then!...
thank you ^_^ and yup both styles are awesome and classy^_^

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Look-wise, I'm going for the original (or maybe they will give him a few updates in the future???). In the trailer though, it looked like he had blonde hair and pajamas on:blink: (or was I the only one to notice that?) but when they stand side by side, he has the Vergil thing going on (pompous-air attitude, intimidating pose, icy blue eyes, Yamato).

I'm nit-picking on DmC's Yamato...it looks a little generic IMO.

I will say that I am not feeling his pants though (V. on right), lol. It just...I don't know they look funny to me:D like they don't fit or something. I know (I think) that NT is keeping the "underground" thing going with Vergil as well. His coat is growing on me though, and I like the way it looks and the design.

P.S. Can you imagine if there was some gender-bending art on him and they showed him with some thigh-high boots on?:devil: Oh that would look hot!!!!

KtWtWiS43

Well from the beginning, I feel like Ninja Theory's handling of the reboot has been held with disrespect towards the old series and old fans. Talking about how outdated and silly the old Devil May Cry games are was a bad move, considering nobody really wanted a reboot in the first place, if you remember how things were back in 2010.

Now that Ninja Theory has waited almost two years since they first announced the game, it's like everyone forgot about what a departure this is from the series we all know and love. Which is probably exactly why they waited so long. So after all this time, finally "revealing," Vergil doesn't phase me. After trashing the original series so vehemently, it's surprising how much of the original series they've actually taken. Vergil looks nearly unchanged with the exception that he now wears suit pants and a peacoat. Besides whatever new story they made up for this new Vergil, he'll probably end up betraying Dante, because I'm not going to credit Ninja Theory with coming up with anything that hasn't already happened before in the previous games.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm unimpressed. I'm tired of Ninja Theory pretending like they're giving me what I want. Ninja Theory should already know what the fans want = Devil May Cry 5. So I humbly decline the new "reboot Vergil," and remain unimpressed with Ninja Theory's ability to copy off the original series, as much as they berate it for being "outdated."

Top Bottom