• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Serious Comparison

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I was just using it as a example to say it might have been possible to find a middle ground and not **** off everybody.

even kyo kusangi is a good example on how to keep the character's appearance fresh/modern and yet recognizable

Kof 97
images

Kof 2000
images

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
im not sure it would have been impossible to have found a middle ground between the old series aesthetic and the new series aesthetic as in something like this.

http://jarein.deviantart.com/art/Dante-Improved-Redesign-252201566

I don't like the pants......DmC's Dante's outfit isn't the best nor is his style better than past DMC Dante's but some past Dante's had some pretty bad designs.....DMC4 & DMC3....it wasn't bad just a bit gay.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
even kyo kusangi is a good example on how to keep the character's appearance fresh/modern and yet recognizable

Kof 97
images

Kof 2000
images
To be fair, its not the same scenario as KoF 2000 wasnt a reboot.

I don't like the pants......DmC's Dante's outfit isn't the best nor is his style better than past DMC Dante's but some past Dante's had some pretty bad designs.....DMC4 & DMC3....it wasn't bad just a bit gay.
I disagree about the pants but my post wasnt calling the reboot redesign crap compared to the old design, my post was calling it a bad design because it make him too unrecogizable as a character.

i thought this thread was about vergil lol how did it become about dante?O.O hehe
Dante is just that kind of guy.

on topic i though old vergil had better hair. I felt that reboot vergil's clothing fits how he grew up a bit more but thats cause i knew how he grew up versus classic vergil who is an enigma.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
On the topic of Vergil notices an odd thing here.

I've ntoiced that DmC Vergil's hair style looks a lot more like Nelo Angelo Vergil's hairstyle as compared to DMC Vergil's hair style which is more spiked.
NeloAngelo2.jpg
vergil.png

images

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

I've ntoiced that DmC Vergil's hair style looks a lot more like Nelo Angelo Vergil's hairstyle as compared to DMC Vergil's hair style which is more spiked.

Nice observation but to me in the first glance it was clear that Vergil is still recognizable and relatable unlike Dante..

[/quote]

To be fair, its not the same scenario as KoF 2000 wasnt a reboot.

Well then lets take various reboot for this instance Tomb raider reboot

images

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nice observation but to me in the first glance it was clear that Vergil is still recognizable and relatable unlike Dante..

Well then lets take various reboot for this instance Tomb raider reboot

images
[/quote]
Well how was this Dante unrelatable compared to the old Dante?

fair enough

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

NeloAngelo2.jpg
vergil.png

images
sweat eye man!.......also there face is veryy alike!....take a really close look and you will notice the nose is the same as his mouth and his face structure and everything.....:D

Top Bottom