• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A kind word on how DMC5 does right what DMC4 did wrong

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Stylish Nero
Tbh I think Nero is the character I wanna see NT tackle the most. Heck, I think had DmC been about Nero that might have been a boon for both.

@BrawlMan
I think him using the sherlock holmes concept would have helped in the long-term. It won't solve every problem but at least you could avoid the Dante-lite comparisons.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Stylish Nero
Tbh I think Nero is the character I wanna see NT tackle the most. Heck, I think had DmC been about Nero that might have been a boon for both.

@BrawlMan
I think him using the sherlock holmes concept would have helped in the long-term. It won't solve every problem but at least you could avoid the Dante-lite comparisons.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel Nero would've fit into DmC better. He's already a punk and has that kind of gothic aesthetic with his black jacket and scarf. The Devil Bringer could've been tweaked to pull and lift like Ophion did. Red Queen's EXceed could've replaced the rather redundant Angel and Demon Dodges.

But instead, the only reference to him in the game are a couple of blue roses. A bit of a shame, really.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well they love him now.

maxresdefault.jpg

"It takes a reboot from Hell for them to accept and praise their new protag."

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel Nero would've fit into DmC better. He's already a punk and has that kind of gothic aesthetic with his black jacket and scarf. The Devil Bringer could've been tweaked to pull and lift like Ophion did. Red Queen's EXceed could've replaced the rather redundant Angel and Demon Dodges.

But instead, the only reference to him in the game are a couple of blue roses. A bit of a shame, really.
Yeah.

Honestly it might have been a better if NT did do a canon spinoff with another character like Nero or Lady/Trish.

DMCV does some good things with him tho like more variety and finally detailing his connection to Vergil tho.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm...In my opinion Nero being Sherlock Holmes-esque doesn't work. He was essentially a knight in a theocratic state that employs its military to publicly hunt demons. His personality was fine aside from the fact that he experienced very little growth throughout 4.

If anything, Dante post-DMC1 should've been more of a private investigator like he was in the anime, but then the devs have shown that they really don't know what to do with his character.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hmm...In my opinion Nero being Sherlock Holmes-esque doesn't work. He was essentially a knight in a theocratic state that employs its military to publicly hunt demons. His personality was fine aside from the fact that he experienced very little growth throughout 4.

If anything, Dante post-DMC1 should've been more of a private investigator like he was in the anime, but then the devs have shown that they really don't know what to do with his character.
Even Fortuna needs investigators. I just wanted him to be more distinct as a character but I see your point tho.

One good thing about 5 is that it does bring in aspects of the light novels back. A little late but the thought counts.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Even Fortuna needs investigators. I just wanted him to be more distinct as a character but I see your point tho.
Now I can't stop thinking about what if Nero had been some sort of inquisitor for the Order, investigating people suspected of practising magic and/or trying to use demons. :jawdrop:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Now I can't stop thinking about what if Nero had been some sort of inquisitor for the Order, investigating people suspected of practicing magic and/or trying to use demons. :jawdrop:

#irony.

Write a fanfic about it.:cool:

V ends up feeling what Nero should have been to me. He's his own man and I'll write his spinoff capcom :sneaky::whistle:.

It's good to see Nero having a friend in Nico.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
maxresdefault.jpg

"It takes a reboot from Hell for them to accept and praise their new protag."
(crushes skull) A fact, that tickles... irony's...judgement.

"And your reboot interests me not. For I am here. Too reclaim. What is rightfully mine."
"DANTE!!! That is what you seek and that is why I propose Nero and V."
"You will fumble in my desire for on the fly style switching and multiple weapons."
*GunShot*
"Though I encourage for an opportunity to play 2 other unique play styles such as Nero and V, is a sweet fortune."

Top Bottom