• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A child of many names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana

Yes ! that's what i am talking about she was behaving like a baby minded forced to do these hectic missions
.....How far in the game did you get? Because that's actually exactly what's going on.

Of course, a justification doesn't make it any better.

Ana

I think its episode 3 or 2 but its predictable
There's only 6 episodes anyway, and the last one is just final boss battle and info dump. Let's just say that Aya's condition is a result of her overdive ability.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
There's only 6 episodes anyway, and the last one is just final boss battle and info dump. Let's just say that Aya's condition is a result of her overdive ability.
I think its just bad V.A
back to the topic do you consider the DmC danteX to be the same dante we all know ?

or just a redesign which fails miserably in capturing dante's image and personality and so he isn't worthy enough to be called as a part of Dante in any way .

Ana

I think its just bad V.A
back to the topic do you consider the DmC danteX to be the same dante we all know ? or just a redesign which fails miserably in capturing dante's image and personality
The new Dante is obviously not the same as the old Dante. They're not supposed to be the same. But I would say he was inspired by the old Dante. They're two Dantes who share some characteristics. It's too early to judge how alike or different they really are. And either way, the new Dante could be amazingly cool, for all we know.

I've reconciled myself to the idea of a new Dante and am now impatiently waiting for more info.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
share some characteristics ? any examples ? dirty&skinny appearance ?

inspired by the old Dante ? how ? just because he has two guns and a sword he is inspired by dante ? he isn't even a demon hunter anymore
yes i am also waiting for any kind of info but considering NT keeps their project so secretive we can't see any story trailer before the game is 100% complete

ReRave

smug jerk
share some characteristics ?
inspired by the old Dante ? how ?
1.) Coat, Sword (Sparda was a morphing sword), Guns, moves, attitude, agility, reflexes, name, general set of super-powers. And those are only the few things we know after not one single story-trailer.
2.) You are acting blind. Seriously. You just really don't want to see it.

Ana

yes i am also waiting for any kind of info but considering NT keeps their project so secretive we can't see any story trailer before the game is 100% complete
Hm, well, they're both named Dante, use a sword called Rebellion and two guns called Ebony&Ivory. There's a theme of "hunter of his own kind" going on, in a lone-wolf way. Also, there is a red trench coat and white hair involved.

...I imagine there'll be something more in the future....? The new Dante is inspired by the old one because NT said so!

I actually really like spoilers and knowing what a story is about before seeing it all the way through. It builds my excitement. So I'm really kinda annoyed that we're getting so little info. Couldn't we get at least basic character bios or something?

EDIT:
1.) Coat, Sword (Sparda was a morphing sword), Guns, moves, attitude, agility, reflexes, name, general set of super-powers. And those are only the few things we know after not one single story-trailer.
2.) You are acting blind. Seriously. You just really don't want to see it.

That's kinda mean. Donte might be just asking.

ReRave

smug jerk
I actually really like spoilers and knowing what a story is about before seeing it all the way through. It builds my excitement. So I'm really kinda annoyed that we're getting so little info. Couldn't we get at least basic character bios or something? I know that feel.

That's kinda mean. Donte might be just asking.
I just think those questions were pretty simple to answer. Judging by his other posts scattered over these forums, he's one of the more passively agressive criticists and I think I can safely assume his post to be one of his mockings.
Also, don't get this the wrong way, but I think he can speak for himself.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Oh well as some great great philosopher said to me "Don't judge the book by its cover" Don't assume my intentions by my posts simple -_- and the things you're listing isn't his old characteristics rather then it just seems like a fail cosplay to me

and about the attitude No ! he has not shown any of the dante's attitude he just seemed completely different i think Ruben isn't the V.A anymore which is a good thing but still he didn't retain any of dante's qualities other then a terrible imitation of dante appearance

ReRave

smug jerk
Oh well as some great great philosopher said to me "Don't judge the book by its cover" Don't assume my intentions by my posts simple -_-
Seeing how we are posting in a forum and I can't speak to you over the phone, that is exactly what I am going to do. Now and in the future. "A man is the sum of his actions."

and the things you're listing isn't his old characteristics rather then it just seems like a fail cosplay to me
Seeing that Dante looked pretty ridiculous already, I think new Dante is a huge step forward, with actual fashion and whatnot. The coat still strikes me wrong, but this one is still better than a bright red one.

and about the attitude NO ! he has not shown any of the dante's attitude
What exactly do you define as Dante's attitude? The guy looked into a bottomless pit, that tore open the street right in front of him, but all he said was "Woah, never seen that happen before.".
How is this not Dante? There was no rocket he could have ridden into the hole at that time, so he got pretty close to what some people find so "epic" about Dante#s old incarnations.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
DmC Dante is not DMC Dante. Trying to convince people just because DmC Dante has similarities makes you a fool. If you think he's Dante then go ahead, but the fact that you need to tell people "No, he's Dante" proves that he's not. Nero has similarities as well.

And that botomless pit before he said whatever he said, he reacted like a shaken cat.

DmC Dante is a poser. People like you like him and therefor want him to be acknowledged as DMC Dante.

But everyone does not want to acknowledge that so you keep on trying to convince with stupid similarities such as "His name is the same!". "He's in a parallel universe".

If name matters so much you could put the label "Dante" on Mario and say "this is Dante". But fact is name has little to say.

And that parallel universe crap - there is two Dante's in two other universes:
Viewtful Joe
Nocturne.

Despite knowing parallel universe is a statement made by Capcom to excuse themself and to prevent bad sale - you guys use it as a argument.

And Dante's red coat beatsa that crap as cloth DmC Dante is wearing.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

I know and i try to act moderate and even then if people take it offensive then i am no one to blame i am just stating my opinions here :D

Really ? what's wrong with a red coat and leather boots ? he looked like a cool 80's rockstar seems like you disliked the DMC series from the very beginning then i can't really argue if you think dante had a cartoonish look
for me this new "angst teen" design is just *facepalm*
facepalm.gif
i have no words to explain how horrid this design is :(

Really how much we've seen him now ? and btw Dante isn't a bottomless pit @Mr ReRave :mad:
Dante#s old incarnations ?? AHEM ! this new pile of garbage isn't dante !! call him DanteX
what some people find so "epic" AGAIN its not "some" people its the whole DMC fanbase which thinks Dante is was and will be forever kick-ass and epic !

I find it rather amusing on how a game which is $hit(DmC) gets a fanbase and that fanbase says to me "some" people find DMC epic
lmao.gif_thumb.jpg
even if it one of the best hack'n'slash game series on earth
images
if this isn't enough epic for you then you need "EPIC" glasses

ReRave

smug jerk
I know and i try to act moderate and even then if people take it offensive then i am no one to blame i am just stating my opinions here :D
That's pretty much what I said.

Really ? what's wrong with a red coat and leather boots ? he looked like a cool 80's rockstar seems like you disliked the DMC series from the very beginning then i can't really argue if you think dante had a cartoonish look
Yeah, 80s aren't really my thing.
for me this new "angst teen" design is just *facepalm*
facepalm.gif
i have no words to explain how horrid this design is :(
This is how I feel about the old design.

Really how much we've seen him now ? and btw Dante isn't a bottomless pit @Mr ReRave :mad:
Read my post again. You misread that part brutally.

Dante#s old incarnations ?? AHEM ! this new pile of garbage isn't dante !! call him DanteX
Who are you, to tell me what to write?

what some people find so "epic" AGAIN its not "some" people its the whole DMC fanbase which thinks Dante is was and will be forever kick-ass and epic !
The whole fanbase? Is that why there are so many users on these forums that think old Dante looked like a drag queen with super-powers?

I find it rather amusing on how a game which is $hit(DmC) gets a fanbase and that fanbase says to me "some" people
You are really narrowminded.
find DMC epic
lmao.gif_thumb.jpg
even if it one of the best hack'n'slash game series on earth
if this isn't enough epic for you then you need "EPIC" glasses
God of War was epic. DMC1 was cool. DMC2 was kinda ok. DMC3 was omgwhatamiplayingmakeitstop. DMC4 was uninstall.exe. You fans simply toss around the word "epic" way too much. It's losing it's meaning.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You don't like DMC Dante's design but love DmC Dante?
I guess you were never a Dante fan.

"Is that why there are so many on forums that think original Dante is a drag queen with super powers".

1310765485615.jpg

This is exactly what i am talking about. You don't like DMC Dante, but you like DmC Dante and therefor you don't mind them being called the same even though they aren't.
I find it ironic that you find Original Dante that way when Ninja theory's Dante gets white hair and red jacket, and it's rumoured he will have white hair at end of DmC as result of demon powers.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
omgwhatamiplayingmakeitstop SERIOUSLY ???

God of war is just brutal and "epic" thrown in game i've played it grown tired of its repeated "EPICNESS" again and again
jackpot isn't epic ???
Vergil running towards mudus isn't epic ??
Lady asking dante is he crying isn't epic ??? for you epic means ripping off naked tity snake women right (in the backround some greek theme mak ?? i think so

EDIT:-I can't take DMC dante called "Outdated" "flawed" and "ridiculous" that's just stupid if you don't know anything about Dante plz STFU don't vomit garbage from nowhere on my dante ! just because you want to defend a ****ty pointless redesign of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom