• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A child of many names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Oh wait, so we don't get to have an opinion, if it's not the same as yours? :rolleyes:
Your opinion about Dante being a drag queen with super powers is extremely flawed:
gameselection.jpg

Oh wait, so we don't get to have an opinion, if it's not the same as yours? :rolleyes:
Have your opinion. Have you seen me say much bad about DmC Dante? No. Why? Because i don't care about that character. It's not the character i am fan of.
I have only defended the character i am fan of and that's DMC Dante, and DmC Dante is using tons of concepts from DMC Dante. And despite being a different character DmC supporters as you insist on them being same character.

In a reboot sense it's not the same character.
In a canon sense it's not the same character.

And "It's Dante in a parallel universe"? Well there is a Dante in Viewtful Joe and one in Noctourne, and both of them are the same Dante pretty much.

DMC was never a story focused game - NEVER.
So if your surprised if people base Dante's character on looks then you don't know much about DMC.
And the character development that Dante could have disappeared when Hideki left Capcom.

In another perspective, and i have said this time and time again:
DmC's character should have been a completely new character. He would have been so much better.

ReRave

smug jerk
omgwhatamiplayingmakeitstop SERIOUSLY ??? Yes

God of war is just brutal and "epic" thrown in game i've played it grown tired of its repeated "EPICNESS" again and again
jackpot isn't epic ? It sure was. But then again, I was 13 the last time I thought that was cool.
Vergil running towards mudus isn't epic ? Nope. What's epic about running? Crash Bandicoot is running all the time!
Lady asking dante is he crying isn't epic ? It's a sad excuse for a set-up to another cheesy quote ("It's just the rain!", are you kidding me?)
for you epic means ripping off naked tity snake women right ?? i think so. Ok, moving on people, nothing here to see.

Surfing on a rocket? Shooting laser lances in the form of a heart on a demonic gate, while reciting SM-jargon? Gloria & Lady (better known as Cleavage one and Cleavage two)? Being lolsorandum all the fricking time? Regenerating clothes?
Epic is the definition of unmovable obstacles being overcome by a single person. Epic is the struggle between the tyrant and thepeasant. Epic means so much more, than just a 2-dimensional paper-hero, that lives from cheesy one-liners and being invincible. Dante never struggles. Dante never overcomes anything with hardship. He is therefore not epic.

I don't know, why you associate GOW with "naked tity snake women", but if that is the only thing you know about the game you brutally missed the point and to me, that is very funny.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I have a question ReRave.

What did you like about the old DMC games?

Did you even like them at all?

Because I must admit I find it pretty weird that you disliked Dante so much and yet your on a DMC forum...

Are you one of those "new fans" NT was so itching to bring to the series?

Not trying to be rude or anything, I'm honestly just curious.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Surfing on a rocket? Shooting laser lances in the form of a heart on a demonic gate, while reciting SM-jargon? Gloria & Lady (better known as Cleavage one and Cleavage two)? Being lolsorandum all the fricking time? Regenerating clothes?
Epic is the definition of unmovable obstacles being overcome by a single person. Epic is the struggle between the tyrant and thepeasant. Epic means so much more, than just a 2-dimensional paper-hero, that lives from cheesy one-liners and being invincible. Dante never struggles. Dante never overcomes anything with hardship. He is therefore not epic.

I don't know, why you associate GOW with "naked tity snake women", but if that is the only thing you know about the game you brutally missed the point and to me, that is very funny.
I like your sense of bad things. Such as clothes not being torn. That's should be fixed.

But the surfing on rocket is pretty bad ass. And if you find it ridicolous? Then so is someone being a devil.

ReRave

smug jerk
I have a question ReRave.

What did you like about the old DMC games?
I liked Dante (I was 13, when I got DMC1 for christmas) and the whole game in itself. I read an article about it (I was just getting into gaming, after I only played the Crash-series before) and my dad bought a PS2 for me and my younger brother. So we spent day and night playing DMC and had a ton of fun.
A few years later (I think I was 16 or something) DMC3 was released and I thought it was the most hardcore thing ever to happen. I finished it in one setting and I was awestruck: the game was so much fun I replayed it 3 times since.
DMC2 was a huge disappointment and I only played it for a few weeks, just to have done it.
DMC4, I was 17 at that time, made me realize what a joke DMC really was (DMC1 will forever stay the exception): An unbeatable hero (in the meantime I played a lot of other games. I finished the God of War-series for example, which is to this day my favourite vidya), cheesy texts that I no longer could bear to listen to and a catastrophe instead of cineastic story (MGS4 did so well on that point, why couldn't DMC?).

Did you even like them at all?
Yes I did. I still do like the games, but I can no longer listen to the crap people serve us as a story. I grew out of the series (and by all means, except for CoolDemon, i am not trying to insult anyone). Don't know why, when exactly or how that happened.

Because I must admit I find it pretty weird that you disliked Dante so much and yet your on a DMC forum...
I dislike Dante. I like the games. I kinda liked Nero, but only because he was trying so hard to be a smug ass, which I can identify with perfectly (as Meg might testify.).
It's just that Dante developed into a character I can no longer appreciate, which is why I look forward to the reboot, like no one else in here.

Are you one of those "new fans" NT was so itching to bring to the series?
Absolutely not. i find it weird that people believe in those "new fans".

Not trying to be rude or anything, I'm honestly just curious.
My dad always says: "The one who throws punches, should be able to take some.". Eben if you were trying to be rude, I am rude myself, so I'd have to take it.
So: Don't sweat it, no harm done.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You grew out of the serie but you insist that DmC Dante is the same character as DMC Dante?
Like you i see the flaws of DMC (story). But guess when that happened? With Capcom.
DMC 1 story is good and gameplay is nice. But after DMC 1 the story went down. and DMC 4 even though it had funny moments is the worse "story".

I like DMC 1 story. DMC 2, 3 and 4 is more like filler story to me (filler = is a term used for anime episodes that aren't tied to the manga).

So exactly how is my viewpoint different than yours when it comes to DMC story?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Epic is the definition of unmovable obstacles being overcome by a single person
You never seen Dante struggle ? really ? in DMC1 he goes through peril to defeat mundus and still doesn't forget to smile that's what makes him ''epic" for me
kratos has "No character whatsoever" i've played gow 1-2 he really has no character 24/7 he is just killing whoever he meets Dante has a personality if you have seen the anime its just 12 episodes but shows dante's character and daily life and it also shows that he can be "realistic" with red coat and his sword packed in guitar case .

surfing on rocket ? he is a demon so he can manipulate that rokcet by will because he has magical powers to do it
yeah DMC4 its a disaster don't ask me i hate it it sucks that dante is a clown in dmc4
again DMC4 is f***dup game don't ask
Regenerating clothes ? again dmc4 fu**ed up if you're talking about Dmc3 it didn't have that much gfx to pull that up
2-dimensional paper-hero ?? he isn't
images
He is simply badass nuff said !

cheesy one-liners ?? DMC 3 he is young flamboyant so he was cheesy but its was great to watch him since its the perfectly fitting for his age
being invincible ?? i should say that for kratos ! he is invincible he doesn't die he regenerates and escapes hell 10000 times and finally kills hades and all of the olympian gods isn't he invincible ?? Dante isn't he was struggling in vergil battle and certainly got his ass kicked in first fight
Dante never struggles ?? that's what i like about him even if he is struggling there are no traces of fear or tiredness on his face because is a demon kid ;)
Dante never overcomes anything with hardship O_O that's it you're not A DMC FAN ! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW damn hard is it to play on DMD MODE ??? players are dante ! you know its 1000000% harder than that stupid chain swinging "chaos mode" or "titan mode"
He is therefore not epic only for you

actually i used to think gow was epic when i was 13 ha ha ^_^

ReRave

smug jerk
You grew out of the serie but you insist that DmC Dante is the same character as DMC Dante?
They share undeniable similiarities. Yes. Yet new Dante seems more akin to Nero (who is, except for the continued "violent outbursts of emotion", a pretty decent character).

Like you i see the flaws of DMC (story). But guess when that happened? With Capcom.
DMC 1 story is good and gameplay is nice. But after DMC 1 the story went down. And Capcom continued developing the series. There was no change except for Kamiya. The games got better, gameplaywise, but only when part 3 was made, in which Kamiya never had any hand.

So exactly how is my viewpoint different than yours when it comes to DMC story?
Since when is this even the point of the discussion? You are a Dante-cultist; I am not. You choose to adore old Dante, I don't care one bit for him. That's the different.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's just that Dante developed into a character I can no longer appreciate, which is why I look forward to the reboot, like no one else in here
SO just because DMC4 ****edup dante's persona and appearance now you totally DISLIKE him and don't even appreciate him and you want him to turn into some other character ??

just because of one game goes wrong you go all hating and disowning the beloved character ??? I can't believe in your B.S anymore i am really sorry

Anyone else to talk here ??? come on !

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
For me, this new incarnation of Dante is a fu.cked up punkass who somehow got lucky enough to be called as Dante! A wannabe legendary demon hunter who looks like he pulls out his Robollion out from his ass, everytime and puts it back in the same place. And yes, he's not the same Dante but a crappy reincartion of him in a parallel universe.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I don't understand your first pharagraph. But DmC Dante is not DMC Dante. It's the truth.

And when Kamiya left DMC 1 story became crap (the good foundation that was there disappeared). And the gameplay got better yes, but have you looked at Bayonetta? Guess who made that.

I am a Dante-cultist? Let's test that out:
1) Have i ever cosplayed as Dante? No
2) Do i oweor have every own a Dante merchandise? No
3) Do i have Dante as my wallpaper? No
4) Do i mind a new character using any of the weapons that Dante has? No.
5) Do i mind a character that poses as Dante? Yes.

Result:
3/10 scale. I need 10 on that scale to be a Dante cultist.
Sorry to disappoint you.

ReRave

smug jerk
Epic is the definition of unmovable obstacles being overcome by a single person
You never seen Dante struggle ? really ? in DMC1 he goes through peril to defeat mundus and still doesn't forget to smile that's what makes him ''epic" for me. Yeah, I especially liked the part, where he never gets hurt to the extent where he is in actual danger... -.-

kratos has "No character whatsoever" i've played gow 1-2 he really has no character 24/7 he is just killing whoever he meets Of course. kratos has no personality, because he kills things, that are trying to kill him.
The gods betrayed him, killed his family and never released him from his curse. Damn right those ****ers deserve death, the Greek and painful way. How that is not believable character for you, I can't see.

Dante has a personality if you have seen the anime its just 12 episodes but shows dante's character and daily life and it also shows that he can be "realistic" with red coat and his sword packed in guitar case .
Anime =/= the game. I don't care for anime-Dante, since it's not in the video-games. he is a moron in the games, i never even watched the anime because of that. That and the fact that it wuldn't change jack about my loathe for Dante.

surfing on rocket ? he is a demon so he can manipulate that rokcet by will because he has magical powers to do it
Yes, but you have yet to tell me what is epic about that.

Dmc3 it didn't have that much gfx to pull that up
I know that and I am not talking about DMC3.

2-dimensional paper-hero ?? he isn't He is simply badass nuff said !
Oh, so that is how "discussions" work? See, here I was wondering, how we do this "exchange of opinions". So YOU just say something is a fact and that's it? Thanks for clearing that up.

cheesy one-liners ?? DMC 3 he is young flamboyant so he was cheesy but its was great to watch him since its the perfectly fitting for his age
Yeah, no, I am twenty and no one talks like that.

being invincible ?? i should say that for kratos ! he is invincible he doesn't die he regenerates and escapes hell 10000 times and finally kills hades and all of the olympian gods isn't he invincible ?
Yes. But he dies and comes back, due to the special layout of greek hell. Orpheus could make it and that guy was nowhere near as strong as Kratos.
In the end Kratos supposedly dies though. This time (hopefully) for good.

Dante isn't he was struggling in vergil battle and certainly got his ass kicked in first fight
Yeah and then he regenerated, came back and slapped Vergil 5 ways to Sabbat.

Dante never struggles ?? that's what i like about him even if he is struggling there are no traces of fear or tiredness on his face because is a demon kid ;)
What's fun about that? If you can't be killed, why bother fighting?

Dante never overcomes anything with hardship O_O that's it you're not A DMC FAN ! DO YOU KNOW HOW damn hard is it to play on DMD MODE ???
Didn't notice you are ingame-Dante. Sorry, my mistake.

players are dante ! you know its 1000000% harder than that stupid chain swinging "chaos mode" or "titan mode"
You obviously never tried either of those.

actually i used to think gow was epic when i was 13 ha ha ^_^
Please...

ReRave

smug jerk
I don't understand your first pharagraph. But DmC Dante is not DMC Dante. It's the truth.
Then that's that. I don't want to explain perfectly clear posts, when I have two other posts going.

And when Kamiya left DMC 1 story became crap (the good foundation that was there disappeared). And the gameplay got better yes, but have you looked at Bayonetta? Guess who made that.
Funny, because Bayos story was bullsh*t. Sexism and action just don't sell that well for me.

I am a Dante-cultist? Let's test that out: By using the official Dante-fanatic-guide?
1) Have i ever cosplayed as Dante? No Not nteresting.
2) Do i oweor have every own a Dante merchandise? No I doubt you.
3) Do i have Dante as my wallpaper? No See above.
4) Do i mind a new character using any of the weapons that Dante has? No. There is no such character, technically.
5) Do i mind a character that poses as Dante? Yes. "Jackpot" (I fell bad for quoting that crap). Why do you go nuts over a vidya-character again?

Result:
3/10 scale. I need 10 on that scale to be a Dante cultist.
Ok, hey, CoolDemon made some rules up, that we have to abide! Let's all do that, it looks like so much fun! And afterwards, if he lets us, we can maybe discuss DmC again!

Sorry to disappoint you.
Don't worry, I grinned the whole time.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Your opinion about Dante being a drag queen with super powers is extremely flawed

How is his opinion flawed exactly? If he thinks that Dante is a drag queen with superpowers, then that's what he thinks. We're in no position to tell him that his opinion is flawed. Of course, we can simply disagree with him, but that's really about it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok guys - despite numerous interesting edits of certain posts to avoid getting into trouble, I'd appreciate it if we didn't make everything quite so personal. If you really cannot get on, please use ignore and block whoever needs blocking from your profiles etc.

For the record, I've seen all the original and unedited versions of certain insulting posts and I'm not overly impressed with the attitudes being displayed by some of you. I don't want to start calling out by name and I do not wish another thread locked, so try to keep things pleasant. You don't need to get nasty with each other just because your opinions differ, ok?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom